Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

2 hours ago, Calamitus said:

Why do they ignore ps3 players? It looks like they want to hide the fact that ps3 version is vastly inferior.

I guess it is not only that, but I've heard Sony stopped PS3's production, meaning the console will only stay in the market a few more.

12 hours ago, werewolfgold said:

In Europe, perhaps. I'm pretty sure you can't in America unless there are extenuating circumstances. Like, something on the game company's end like false advertising or something.

Plus, they might have a way to void the demo license if you do cancel regardless. It's just easier to regulate everything through PSN. I'm sure they were a decent amount of people that pre-ordered SFV through Amazon, got the beta code, and then immediately canceled. Likely not an ideal scenario for Aksys or Arcsys.

As someone who lives in america who has canceled pre orders for little more reason then i felt like it, it doesnt matter where you live its fairly straightforward if you know how to do it. Cant comment on the demo losing its validation if you cancel however.

So, I suppose these "Demos" are how Arc Sys is addressing the delayed releases for overseas markets?  By releasing a SFV version of the game as a pre-order bonus, the competitive players can still practice now!

3 hours ago, This Man said:

What's with the warnings to not stream Arcade or challenge modes?

I'm not sure about Challenge Mode being banned from streaming, but Arcade Mode for damn sure will have to be banned because Japan in general hates spoilers and digital piracy (the latter is justified, the former...let's just say maybe). Arc System Works and a lot of other Japanese gaming companies have been removing story and soundtrack-related videos from every known video site on the internet starting around 2012. This isn't new and will likely continue into the future, as if it had become a part of Japanese law.

When u preorder im assuming u pay for the full game then? I don't buy digital copies of things so someone help me out here lol

2 hours ago, youcanwonder said:

When u preorder im assuming u pay for the full game then? I don't buy digital copies of things so someone help me out here lol

Yeah, you'd have to pay in full.

Yeah it was extremely easy to get a free beta code for SFV by "pre-ordering" from Amazon since they don't actually charge you until release. 

I think the Revelator demo offer could be worth it though since it apparently comes with both Training and Challenge modes.

I went dark for several weeks due to my work schedule.  Any confirmation that Revelator uses that arcade stick driver?  I'd hate to buy the game on PS4 and not really be able to play it.

19 hours ago, Calamitus said:

Why do they ignore ps3 players? It looks like they want to hide the fact that ps3 version is vastly inferior.

people were doomsaying this same shit back when sign came out

3 hours ago, Pomparomp said:

people were doomsaying this same shit back when sign came out

The difference is that us ps3 players will have to wait 1 month before playing with the new mechanics and ps4 users will have the time to get the hang of it in 1 month. they are creating a (small) gap between players of the same region, so don't even compare the situation with sign, it's different. They aren't doing charity and they want to push the sales towards the new gen, I understand that, but ps3 users have the right to say "I don't think it's fair", since they're paying for the game too :)

26 minutes ago, Valas Phoenix said:

The difference is that us ps3 players will have to wait 1 month before playing with the new mechanics and ps4 users will have the time to get the hang of it in 1 month. they are creating a (small) gap between players of the same region, so don't even compare the situation with sign, it's different. They aren't doing charity and they want to push the sales towards the new gen, I understand that, but ps3 users have the right to say "I don't think it's fair", since they're paying for the game too :)

One month? Demo's in April, game release is in June.

23 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

I'm not sure about Challenge Mode being banned from streaming, but Arcade Mode for damn sure will have to be banned because Japan in general hates spoilers and digital piracy (the latter is justified, the former...let's just say maybe). Arc System Works and a lot of other Japanese gaming companies have been removing story and soundtrack-related videos from every known video site on the internet starting around 2012. This isn't new and will likely continue into the future, as if it had become a part of Japanese law.

I know I've already mentioned this elsewhere on a gaming forum you guys are very well aware (G-F), and I've already said that spoilers are unavoidable and everywhere no matter what, also, its not like they remove everything at once, there's still story stuff and music from previous titles and all uploaded to the usual places, and that's not removed. Its just a cycle, they remove it, others would put it back in its place, there's no stopping it, also, DustLoop is always spoiler heavy here, so why much does it matter anyways. (Unless otherewise noted...)

9 hours ago, TheRealBobMan said:

I went dark for several weeks due to my work schedule.  Any confirmation that Revelator uses that arcade stick driver?  I'd hate to buy the game on PS4 and not really be able to play it.

Well, if anything, I went to Anime Ascension (the Demo build that's gonna be part of the Digital release pre-order), and I can't be much sure, but IIRC, I think other people used their own sticks on the Revelator demo, I think. But yeah, I was just busy having too much fun there, lol. I suppose other DL'ers that went to A.A. could confirm.

Either ways, yeah, I just wish you can also get the Demo over getting a physical copy from it, but that's not gonna work either, so either you shell out $60 (Why its not $50 or W/E concerning its a sequel/update/etc is beyond me, since most fighters from last gen did that in the past, but oh well.), and miss out on a hard copy, or look it up. But since I've already tried it out over A.A., I'm very content with what I tried out so far. And yeah, the wait will be long, but it'll come out eventually.

Wait a minute. Does the demo even come with a Challenge Mode? The announcement only said Episode (Arcade), Versus, and Training were included. Am I missing something?

39 minutes ago, werewolfgold said:

Wait a minute. Does the demo even come with a Challenge Mode? The announcement only said Episode (Arcade), Versus, and Training were included. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure if its built into training mode, but we'll have to wait and see, but last I remember correctly back at A.A., the demo's main menu had just exactly those 3 modes, and "Configure/Options/Etc." So I dunno...>.>

22 hours ago, Oniros said:

It really blows that the demo is for digital pre-orders only.

It's technically a digital pre-purchase, not a pre-order. You immediately pay for it and are registered as an owner. When you pre-order a physical edition from a third party retailer, you don't pay for the game until it ships and you don't own it until you physically have it.

Unfortunate, sure, but not unexpected. Setting up a system for retailers to distribute codes for the demo to pre-orderers isn't an easy process compared to just giving people who own it on PSN something digitally.