Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

20 minutes ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:

So, guys... do you need to use a DS4 for EVERY stick connected to the PS4? I thought you could connect multiple sticks with just one DS4 working (which would be too cool and practical).

You need a DS4 per stick. Essentially it's counting the stick as a plugin to the controller itself, which is why the stick stops working if the controller idles

16 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

You need a DS4 per stick. Essentially it's counting the stick as a plugin to the controller itself, which is why the stick stops working if the controller idles

When I played it this weekend you only needed a single DS4 for main menu, once you get to controller select you can use at least some PS3 sticks (My Q4RAF shows up as a Quanba Joystick plus under the controller icon, other people were getting similar things with other sticks) and then you can use those freely in the game. It didn't work that way with pads though so you'd probably need more DS4's or a converter.

I thought you could turn the DS4 off as soon as you pick your sticks and game would still run fine.

Good, so in a way you can plug multiple sticks with only one controller. That works for me.

3 hours ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:

I thought you could turn the DS4 off as soon as you pick your sticks and game would still run fine.

Good, so in a way you can plug multiple sticks with only one controller. That works for me.

You can. I turned off my DS4 after plugin my Qanba and the Qanba was still working fine (in the menu and ingame)

8 minutes ago, youcanwonder said:

Anyone know when NA is able to reserve the game?

Not too long now, its coming by tomorrow morning (probably at around 9-11AM or whenever), since now these days, PS Store gets updated earlier as usual now.

1 hour ago, Leonard-Helsing said:

So did it or did it not reveal Sol's English VA? :v:

English VA's are mostly uncredited in ASW games. Sorry...(Also, you can probably check that out in the ASW VA topic.)

2 hours ago, youcanwonder said:

Hey guys demo is up

Well, yeah, that was quick, though you'll have to search it, or easily, "this"...

4 hours ago, Leonard-Helsing said:

So did it or did it not reveal Sol's English VA? :v:

Yeah, there's only Japanese VA in the demo. If they did decide to credit them eventually, it wouldn't be now.

But, we do actually know Sol's English VA now. His name is David Forseth.

1 hour ago, GunBlazer said:

Wasn't it some Jack Calabriski?

That was a guess, based on the assumption that Jack Calabrisi was Nash in SFV and thinking Nash and Sol have similar voices. Nash is actually voiced by Mike McFarland.

Now that that's out of the way, please take any further VO talk to the Voice Acting thread in Zepp.

7 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

English VA's are mostly uncredited in ASW games. Sorry...(Also, you can probably check that out in the ASW VA topic.)

Well, yeah, that was quick, though you'll have to search it, or easily, "this"...

That is it. It auto downloads the demo.

1 hour ago, Clamper said:

So can you play the demo until the game comes out or there's a time limit? 

No time limit, play til launch

Is it just me or do the shadows and textures seem lower quality than usual? I would guess that it was compressed to save space. I'd have to fire up SIGN to try to get a feel for the difference, I suppose.

Either way, hopefully the quality will be slightly better in the final release.

20 minutes ago, werewolfgold said:

Is it just me or do the shadows and textures seem lower quality than usual? I would guess that it was compressed to save space. I'd have to fire up SIGN to try to get a feel for the difference, I suppose.

Either way, hopefully the quality will be slightly better in the final release.

Some things look darker to me, like Sol's chest  for example,  new shadows system aside, the game look a little different than Sign to me.

Sorry, I should've been more specific. I meant floor shadows and background textures mainly.

They did do some upgrades with the lighting for Revelator.

Seems share play is disabled for the US version of the demo. Works fine on JP and EU version. Tried to do share play with my US account and some of my friends and they stated that the region error pops up when trying to do the share play with the demo. We also tried our JP accounts and that also didn't work. I'm wondering if our demo either 1) Is completely disabled for using share play or 2) The demo is the same as the UK demo and requires a UK PSN account on both user's ends to function properly.

This is just mere speculation. Can anyone share any information on this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

5 hours ago, HGhaleon said:

Seems share play is disabled for the US version of the demo. Works fine on JP and EU version. Tried to do share play with my US account and some of my friends and they stated that the region error pops up when trying to do the share play with the demo. We also tried our JP accounts and that also didn't work. I'm wondering if our demo either 1) Is completely disabled for using share play or 2) The demo is the same as the UK demo and requires a UK PSN account on both user's ends to function properly.

This is just mere speculation. Can anyone share any information on this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Seems that Vulcan has the same problem too, and he also has the US Demo, so more than likely, its disabled.

49 minutes ago, noct76 said:

Do we have confirmation if Revelator will have an updated dub or not?

Well, obviously it'll probably be dubbed again, I mean, -Sign-'s dub worked out great, so yeah, expect some VA's for Jack-o, Haehyun, Raven (unless they decide to bring in the VA from GG2, or someone new), Jam, and others probably new for Revelators' story mode.

Sorry man, but gotta disagree about SIGN's dub. I thought it was below average and downright terrible for some of the cast. It also caused problems with online play.

Sorry man, but gotta disagree about SIGN's dub. I thought it was below average and downright terrible for some of the cast. It also caused problems with online play.