Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

1 hour ago, TekkamanArk said:

I especially disliked the voices of Venom, Sol, Slayer, and I-No.

FIGHT ME IN REAL LIFE. lol

5 hours ago, This Man said:

It also caused problems with online play.

Wait. Did this get patched out? I don't remember this at all. What problems?

I'm usually on board with dubs, but yeah Xrd's was rather... disappointing. I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Chipp.

Like there's "I don't think this is what the voice should have sounded like" and then there's "actually just bad, bland acting." Chipp is the latter.

Did some further testing with the US version of the GGXrd Rev demo and it seems no matter if you use a US or JP PSN account (both players must use the same account region for share play to work depending on the region of the game normally in most cases), the error for the region pops up:

"Viewing the game screen that the host is currently playing is not allowed due to content restrictions in your country or region."

"If the host starts a game that you can view, the game screen will be displayed."

I'm wondering if the game is indeed share play locked or possibly it's an issue with the region. I am going to test this with a UK region account to see if it allows share play. If it does, then it's a mistake with the demo's region. If not, then it's probably disabled by the request of Aksys/Arc System Works which is pretty dumb. Furthermore, there was a version 3.5 update to the PS4's firmware so wondering if that possibly updated it to allow share play on the game. This has been known to occur at times. Will keep looking into this as I would love to play this online with friends.

Long story short, there will be several exhibitions across Japan where people can try out Haehyun and Raven. Also Daisuke Ishiwatari will be at one of them signing autographs. You can get a Venom Ball badge of Johnny, Jack-O, or Jam for playing.

Also, the Japanese site has been updated with new info under the System tab.

Here's hoping they do the capcom route and allow us to individually pick voices.

I wanna hear eng Slayer, and only eng Slayer.

Maybe may too, cuz her jp dub is ear raep.

Tried using UK accounts for share play on the GGXrd Rev demo and the same problem. Seems the demo is indeed locked from Share Play. No clue why Arc System Works/Aksys Games went with that route. Even tried with the updated firmware and no dice. I did notice that the title screen was changed and it doesn't say "Demo Version" under the logo like it used to. Thought maybe the game updated in some fashion but it doesn't seem so. Still trying to contact Aksys Games to get an answer on Share Play but they haven't responded to me in days. Sigh.

Does anyone know how to get the legacy support working? Am I supposed to be able to navigate menus with my stick, and does the DS4 need to be physically connected to the PS4 with a USB?

Plug your legacy controller. 

Boot the game.

Press start with your legacy controller when the screen "legacy controller detected blabla" pops up

Done

If you press start with your DS4, it will be recognize as the "main" controller and you won't be able to use your stick to navigate through the menus

Game is beautiful. I'm loving it.

Also loving that new delay calibration option. 

BTW, do you have a link to see Zato combos? The wiki is empty >:

Really surprised at the amount of access the demo gives for pre-ordering...I wish more fighting games did that.

Game looks pretty on PS4, but I imagine the PS3 version still looks like garbage in comparison.

1 hour ago, Angry Guy of DE said:

Really surprised at the amount of access the demo gives for pre-ordering...I wish more fighting games did that.

I'm pretty sure its to make sure people are playing on PS4 and used to the new system changes way before EVO. Seeing as EVO will be running Revelator and it's exclusively on PS4 at the event, the only things missing between the demo and the EVO build is the 3 remaining characters, 2 of which will come out on main release (Everyone will have access by 10th June), and then the only unknown is whether or not Dizzy will come out in time or not. I'd even be willing to bet that there will be no major character changes until after EVO, just so people don't have to majorly adjust shortly before the event.

Yep. Just a story appearance so far, though. Maybe playable post-release?

(tweet w/large image got deleted, but that was definitely his name and the Vastedge hat)

This thread has gotten pretty large-- shouldn't it be split off for Revelator?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wasn't expecting Zappa. Really cool though. Looks like a story mode thing which is weird cuz I can't see how a funny ghost guy will fit into the narritiv-oh wait.... it's a fighting game. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

31 minutes ago, HGhaleon said:

Anyone able to get a high res image of that article? Trying to see Zappa more clearly. Thanks for sharing the information though.

That's the only resolution you'll get once they usually post news like that, the article(s) usually get higher res (larger/clearer) images on a Wed/Thur. though. So it'll be a while.