Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Man, that Ariels hat sure is silly as hell.

This weeks Famitsu revealed that an additional Story Scenario will be distributed as free DLC sometime after the game's release.
It was written at the bottom of the last page of the article.

2 hours ago, SoWL said:

Holy shit no joke. That thing is crazy. Not since KoF14's Sylvie have I wanted to use a character so badly because of their ridiculous hat

Someone brought up the reasons as to why Ariels couldn't possibly be a Valentine, which I will not disagree with. But man, with that big-ass, elaborate hat she's wearing, it'd be so fitting if she were. Hah.

Oh hey, Zappa.

12 hours ago, Sourenga said:

This weeks Famitsu revealed that an additional Story Scenario will be distributed as free DLC sometime after the game's release.
It was written at the bottom of the last page of the article.

Huh, that's something totally new. I wonder if it's a short side story/epilogue or something bigger.

13 hours ago, SoWL said:

Admittedly if there's one justification for wearing a silly hat, it's being the pope.

2 hours ago, mycot said:

Huh, that's something totally new. I wonder if it's a short side story/epilogue or something bigger.

They did something like this with Xblaze:LM in Japan, plenty of scenarios for free and one paid scenario. I wonder if is legit post release DLC or everything is already on the disc and they will release unlock keys, not that it matter because is free anyway.

4 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

They did something like this with Xblaze:LM in Japan, plenty of scenarios for free and one paid scenario. I wonder if is legit post release DLC or everything is already on the disc and they will release unlock keys, not that it matter because is free anyway.

Given that it's free maybe it's something they just couldn't put in the game on time, so I don't think it's already on disc.

The website was updated with descriptions and images of the "Combo" and "Mission" modes: http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs/system/

Though I am not entirely sure if it was already there but on the bottom of the page where they describe the new online lobbies there plays a video in the background were we can see it in motion: http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs/mp4/system/lobby.webm

And a little update regarding the shop bonuses; Pre-orders at WonderGoo will also include a Faust keychaine beside the wallscroll

Spoiler

B2タペストリー

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 10:31 AM, SoWL said:

Can't tell where Ariels' hat ends and her hair begins. Assuming a lot of that is hair, she'd make a suitable master for Angra.

Actually, it would be really interesting if the Original and each of his five apostles (Ariels, Axus, Libraria, Baldias, and Chronus) had Forbidden Beasts bound to them. Baldias's Cerberus did give him the same moves as Zato-1 in Vastedge. And we know that the PWAB developed the six Forbidden Magic Spells that bind Forbidden Beasts to the user, and Ariels and the Conclave control the PWAB.

Hmm... Six powerful magicians behind the organization that created the Six Forbidden Magic Spells? Probably just a coincidence.

4 hours ago, Suzaku said:

Can't tell where Ariel's hat ends and her hair begins. Assuming a lot of that is hair, she'd make a suitable master for Angra.

Actually, it would be really interesting if the Original and each of his five apostles (Ariels, Axus, Libraria, Baldias, and Chronus) had Forbidden Beasts bound to them. Baldias's Cerberus did give him the same moves as Zato-1 in Vastedge. And we know that the PWAB developed the six Forbidden Magic Spells that bind Forbidden Beasts to the user, and Ariels and the Conclave control the PWAB.

Hmm... Six powerful magicians behind the organization that created the Six Forbidden Magic Spells? Probably just a coincidence.

Now I'm hyped to see Ariel VS Millia fight :v:

On 4/13/2016 at 10:43 PM, daymendou said:

They really added an amazing amount of detail to all the stages

Ehhhh...the game overall still seems pretty low quality for a PS4 game. Sometimes it's readily noticeable, like with the floor textures and shadows.

Spoiler

Is the in-game engine really at its limit without dropped frames or something?

Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- Demo Version_20160411234150.jpg

But then, they'll just zoom in on stuff that is very clearly not high res enough for the situation. Like they don't notice or something.

Spoiler

This flyer should not be this pixelated.

Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- Demo Version_20160414003222.jpg

You probably shouldn't purposefully focus the camera on blurry textures. You're supposed to not bring attention to it.

Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- Demo Version_20160414003828.jpg

The character models rarely have an off moment (though it happens), but everything else... Look at the left side. LOOK AT IT. :mad:

Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- Demo Version_20160415223541.jpg

And then the sound leveling is terrible. I have in-game voice volume turned up all the way and the music at, like, 45, I still can't hear what the characters are saying. Not to mention I have to turn my TV up a ridiculous amount compared to other PS4 games just so I can still not be able to hear anything. lol

This is supposed to be a game about nonstop music references and they can't even get the sound right? Come on, man. I reeeeeeally hope this stuff is addressed in the final product, but SIGN was kind of the same way so I can't hold up too much hope. I mean, they have to be aware of this stuff, right?

All I know is that one time I got hit by either four or all six of Jack-o's ghosts and the game literally shit itself.

Like the game chugged to a serious degree with all the hit sparks.

I hate Jack-o.

6 hours ago, 2nd_striker said:

No announcement for physical pre order bonuses? Cant pay £50 for digital version

Nope, other than JP getting just Haehyun as pre-order DLC, and certain shops in JP having certain pre-order goods depending on store. (Either something physical or DLC code)

Here stateside, more than likely, its post-launch DLC, as the US is getting Haehyun, Raven, and the Eclipse colors at launch for free for 2 weeks, then it reverts back to paid status. Dunno if EU will do the same that the US is doing, but its more than likely. If you mean like physical pre-order goods overseas, I doubt we'll anything like that, but probably not, we're still waiting though if overseas releases will get an "LE", but nothing has been said yet, but hopefully soon.

I hope, like SIGN's release, you can download it without having the physical copy of the game. Last year, it took a month for the disc to be mailed to me (I'm not in the US).

PQube announced that Revelator will be playable at PLAY Expo in Blackpool, UK, on 30 April - May 1.

Raven and Haehyun will be playable and there will be also a little tournament.

6 hours ago, This Man said:

I hope, like SIGN's release, you can download it without having the physical copy of the game. Last year, it took a month for the disc to be mailed to me (I'm not in the US).

Yes, you can, this has always been a thing ever since the inclusion of the PS/XB stores. You can get free DLC and have them forever until you get the game.

4 hours ago, Danaiden said:

PQube announced that Revelator will be playable at PLAY Expo in Blackpool, UK, on 30 April - May 1.

Raven and Haehyun will be playable and there will be also a little tournament.

Cool, hope those in the EU area would like to share some info and stuff too! X3

46 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

Everyone sleeping? XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0bb0PUV50o

Overview trailer of the console version. You can move the camera during replays (only PS4). Now they are adding this feature, they should add a 3D model viewer in the future.

That trailer was surprisingly elaborate. I almost expected there to be side-by-side comparisons of the visual changes from Sign to Revelator as well. It seems to me as if they are trying harder to market Revelator. I had hoped they'd at least show Dizzy, but I guess we'll have to wait a bit more for that.

18 minutes ago, DurViener said:

Man, I really hope they retain the online stuff for PC.

Even better would be cross-play

We can only hope, but I'm guessing cross-play is out of the question. At this point I just hope PC gets the features aside from player lobbies.

A-at least Dizzy's ribbons are animated this time...