Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I like everything they've shown so far, but I'm a bit perplexed they haven't even hinted at the return of shadow and gold characters yet. We know the code has been in the game since Sign, and finalizing it would presumably require way less time and money than the rest of the console bonuses they've announced.

Just now, White Man said:

I like everything they've shown so far, but I'm a bit perplexed they haven't even hinted at the return of shadow and gold characters yet. We know the code has been in the game since Sign, and finalizing it would presumably require way less time and money than the rest of the console bonuses they've announced.

Not to mention Gold!Ramlethal, Gold!Zato-1 and Gold!I-No were Arcade Bosses back then. Sure, no gold palette, but gold attributes are what count.

Then again, Gold!Johnny (again, no gold palette) is Leo's Arcade Boss...

2 hours ago, GunBlazer said:

Then again, Gold!Johnny (again, no gold palette) is Leo's Arcade Boss...

Is this "one shot Mist Finer" Gold Johnny, or have they changed him up?

Just now, TheRealBobMan said:

Is this "one shot Mist Finer" Gold Johnny, or have they changed him up?

Don't remember if he had OHKO Mist Finer, but I don't think he could fill Tension automatically. And then there is multi-hit That's My Name...

Well, I'll get back to you guys on the Boss situations (I have the Rev demo), but yeah, as usual when you fight them in the final stage in Arcade/Episode, their tension refills at a steady pace, dunno if their attacks get buffed a bit, but I doubt it, and obviously, their overdrives get some sort of buff, prime examples...

Ramlethal: Calvados: Slower to activate, unflinchable, more hits. / Trance: More hits, spins through both sides of the screen. / Explode: Normal it seems.

Zato: Amorphous: 3 of them appear at the same time. / Other OD's, yet to see extra effects. >.>

I-No/Sol: More or less the same effect of O/D's, unless I'm missing something.

---

Revelator however...

Leo: Dirigent: Same as usual. / Wirbel: Comes back after it launches, for double the hits.

If there's more buffs anyone wants to share, by all means, and yeah, it would be nice to play these "Gold/Boss/Unl." forms, just for lols. X3

Everyone deals more damage too. That includes Ram's Explode.

I think Eddie has double Invite Hell.

Also, try to see if Mist Finer: Killing Blow (Gold!Johnny) is back.

25 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

Try to see if Mist Finer: Killing Blow (Gold!Johnny) is back.

I'll check and see, its not easy when the AI does its own thing, and it would be nice if I can check and see if 2 coins would do it. [His level 3 Mist Finer], so yeah, apparently, he doesn't one shot MF's if you fight him. (Obviously, that would be too broken, lol.)

Anyways, his O/D "That's My Name" does 7 hits instead of the usual 2. Nothing yet on "Treasure Hunt".

As long as I don't have to face triple Anti-Depressant Scale... *shudders*

55 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

As long as I don't have to face triple Anti-Depressant Scale... *shudders*

Yeah, anyways, Ky's next, I only found so far, that his RTL doesn't do 5 hits, but 3, each hit makes the opponent bounce up, and stagnant for air combo's, which I've experienced. >.> (Nothing on Sacred Edge yet, or other stuff.)

5 minutes ago, Kain_Dizengarth said:

95€....... I can get the game + artbook +dlc for 50€ in my local store. I wonder what aksys will do, the artbook and CD is almost guaranteed.

Just now, Aegis High said:

Wait, Raven is also a DLC character?

Not sure, really. But if he's what I believe, he's the unlockable character, and this code is more of a unlock key.

1 hour ago, kosmos badgirl said:

95€....... I can get the game + artbook +dlc for 50€ in my local store. I wonder what aksys will do, the artbook and CD is almost guaranteed.

You're pretty much paying for the vinyl, which, unless you're an audiophile, is probably not worth it.

Aksys fuk'n up! Until I hear otherwise I'm going European on one of my physical copies ; -;

2 minutes ago, SolxBaiken said:

You're pretty much paying for the vinyl, which, unless you're an audiophile, is probably not worth it.

I'd say the novelty alone is pretty worth it. It's not something I personally want, but yo. Vinyls are cool.

54 minutes ago, ChexGuy said:

I'd say the novelty alone is pretty worth it. It's not something I personally want, but yo. Vinyls are cool.

Ehhh, you're not wrong, but I prefer CDs as my outdated physical format (the product of being a 90s child) ' x' 

1 hour ago, youcanwonder said:

America still doesn't have a LE that's been announced

2 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

95€....... I can get the game + artbook +dlc for 50€ in my local store. I wonder what Aksys will do, the artbook and CD is almost guaranteed.

Unfortunately, Aksys has stated that there wont be a Revelator LE for US/NA, sorry guys, but they did mentioned something else might come with it. (I just hope they don't mention the DLC stuff that they'll have free post launch, cause we already know about that, but chances are, they might say that. >.>)

5 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Unfortunately, Aksys has stated that there wont be a Revelator LE for US/NA, sorry guys, but they did mentioned something else might come with it. (I just hope they don't mention the DLC stuff that they'll have free post launch, cause we already know about that, but chances are, they might say that. >.>)

Too bad, the LE  for SIGN was great, maybe they will give people a free artbook with the regular edition,  something like a day 1 edition but without special package?.