Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

From the footage of the PLAY Expo stream I noticed that some of Raven's move names have strange misspellings in them.
The text next to the moves is the correct one:

Spoiler

bMoX4RVh.jpg

I already reached out to Aksys and they answered me that in the final retail build these will be corrected.
Yeah~, I contributed to a game!

Some more European pre-order infos:

Pre-orders at GAME will also receive a special colored Dizzy t-shirt with a design which is exclusive to the ASW online shop

Spoiler

GGXrd-Rev-EU-Pre-Order-Bonuses_001.jpg

Depending on the retailer pre-orders will either include the artbook and the Raven DLC or only the Raven DLC

Spoiler

GGXrd-Rev-EU-Pre-Order-Bonuses_002-600x3GGXrd-Rev-EU-Pre-Order-Bonuses_003.jpg

20 minutes ago, Danaiden said:

From the footage of the PLAY Expo stream I noticed that some of Raven's move names have strange misspellings in them.
The text next to the moves is correct one:

Reveal hidden contents

csFyWkE.jpg

Am I reading this wrong or does that say that Raven also has 2 moves attached to 236P? - I'm assuming that's another error.

27 minutes ago, MLSTRM said:

Am I reading this wrong or does that say that Raven also has 2 moves attached to 236P? - I'm assuming that's another error.

No, it is correct. Gebrechlich Licht is the needle he throws which can slow the opponent. In the air 236P is the narrow version while 236K is the long version. Don't know if there is any major difference on the ground.
EDIT: Hold on, I see what you meant. I look into it. No no, it is already correct. Schmelz Berg is the ground version of the needle throw while Gebrechlich Licht is the air version though they maybe should change it from "Air OK" to "Air only".

Edited by Danaiden

37 minutes ago, Danaiden said:

No, it is correct. Gebrechlich Licht is the needle he throws which can slow the opponent. In the air 236P is the narrow version while 236K is the long version. Don't know if there is any major difference on the ground.
EDIT: Hold on, I see what you meant. I look into it. No no, it is already correct. Schmelz Berg is the ground version of the needle throw while Gebrechlich Licht is the air version though they maybe should change it from "Air OK" to "Air only".

Ahhh ok, that makes more sense. Yeah usually air versions are notated as (In mid-air) like with the command normals, so that's where I got confused.

The only thing I would like to see included which I have not yet is the best of 3 in ranked match. I'm not a big fan of SFV but that simple feature give so much joy!  

2 hours ago, Danaiden said:

I already reached out to Aksys and they answered me that in the final retail build these will be corrected.
Yeah~, I contributed to a game!

Hah, me too. They said they'd already received an email from a fan about that, so that must have been you. Schmelz Berg should also be Schmerz Berg.

1 hour ago, Suzaku said:

Hah, me too. They said they'd already received an email from a fan about that, so that must have been you. Schmelz Berg should also be Schmerz Berg.

Dang it, I knew that there was something odd about "Schmelz Berg". I missed that completely even thought it is a Guilty Gear 2 move, haha. Fortunately you mentioned it then.

Still no word on bonuses for NA release. Still waiting on dizzy news as well. It would be super dope if they was like hey guys here's Zappa an additional bonus lol...sounded good

3 hours ago, youcanwonder said:

Still no word on bonuses for NA release. Still waiting on dizzy news as well. It would be super dope if they was like hey guys here's Zappa an additional bonus lol...sounded good

They did say soon-ish, how soon, well...they'll wait until they're ready. >.>

Crossing my fingers for a life-sized cardboard cutout of Daisuke Ishiwatari giving the thumbs up. Second choice would be a coupon for a free bottle of Guilty Gear Overdrive Blast flavored Mountain Dew.

So... what's with this option to add extra input delay for p1/2? I don't know why they'd even add this.

Honestly i can see this being very dangerous for tournaments. Someone changed the p1 lag to +1 at KVOxTSB but i didn't pay attention if the next player changed it back.

It makes sense for people who know their TV at home lags. If you do all of your practice on a TV with 3F delay then go to a tournament where the monitor is 1F or less delay (can reasonably be assumed at a tournament), that will throw you off. Depends on whether you think getting hit by the occasional overhead is worse than dropping all your dustloops in top 8.

Does anyone know about the pre-order colors? What do they look like? Also, how come people aren't putting frame data in the wiki for the new characters (Jack-O, Jam and Johnny)?

16 hours ago, Clamper said:

So... what's with this option to add extra input delay for p1/2? I don't know why they'd even add this.

Honestly i can see this being very dangerous for tournaments. Someone changed the p1 lag to +1 at KVOxTSB but i didn't pay attention if the next player changed it back.

The argument is that arcade setups actually have significant lag compared to console, so some players that play mostly in arcade wanted to add input delay for their side.

2 hours ago, daymendou said:

The argument is that arcade setups actually have significant lag compared to console, so some players that play mostly in arcade wanted to add input delay for their side.

The same case of Ringwide MBAACC, compared to PC and P-Ras versions, it seems arcade version tend to have input lag in some FGs.

Raven and Haehyun showcase on the PS Blog!

And yes, as reports stated, Raven is an in-game unlockable, so...that's one thing settled. (At least as an early unlock even. Haehyun however is paid status, but still free for 2 weeks.) Also, first look at the eclipse colors.