Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Was it ever mentioned if the JP version of Revelator will have English language settings like Sign?

1 hour ago, Epic said:

Was it ever mentioned if the JP version of Revelator will have English language settings like Sign?

We don't know. Someone asked them on twitter and they never reply.

4 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

We don't know. Someone asked them on twitter and they never reply.

Then I guess we'll have to wait in 2 weeks to find out then. (Or if someone manages to get it early in JP, lol.)

19 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Then I guess we'll have to wait in 2 weeks to find out then. (Or if someone manages to get it early in JP, lol.)

I'm buying the JP digital version and I guess plenty of people here too, so you will find out as quick as we get the game downloaded or the download is activated. ;)

On 5/6/2016 at 8:37 AM, solidscheme said:

Also, how come people aren't putting frame data in the wiki for the new characters (Jack-O, Jam and Johnny)?

I worked on Jack-O's a little bit some time ago for RISC +/- values on some moves, but got busy.  Elysion Driver doesn't force prorate either...  6H[1] CH > Elysion Driver > Microdash 6H > combo does a butt-ton of damage, so learn some frame traps (should be easy with Jack-O goons right?).  I also wonder why I don't see Zato players use 6K to set up DMH more often, though I think they made it force prorate with the balance patch?  I don't remember anymore.

2 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Do we have any screenshot or information about Dizzy in-game yet?

Nope, checked the usual spots, nothing yet, lol. Be reminded that I heard that she won't be available at launch, so sometime after, we'll get info. (Either hopefully very soon, or hopefully around JP release time.)

2 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Do we have any screenshot or information about Dizzy in-game yet?

considering we generally see famitsu scans tuesday,wednesday ish i expect her to be revealed on the japanese launch day in famitsu to add to the hype of the launch.

IIRC, she's only been announced to be in, but they never said launch. Realistically, they started development on her not too long ago so unless you want her rushed out with fucked up balance and whatnot, you'll have to wait awhile to get her post launch. Personally, I predict that we'll get another balance patch for the game as a whole later in the year and we'll get her at that same time.

6 hours ago, rayplay said:

IIRC, she's only been announced to be in, but they never said launch. Realistically, they started development on her not too long ago so unless you want her rushed out with fucked up balance and whatnot, you'll have to wait awhile to get her post launch. Personally, I predict that we'll get another balance patch for the game as a whole later in the year and we'll get her at that same time.

Ishiwatari said she wouldn't be out by release day, but it's never been indicated that she won't be out before the next arcade update. That doesn't even make sense to believe.

If the established pattern continues (and there's currently no reason to believe it won't), we'll get Dizzy a certain amount of time after launch, then an arcade update will follow that adds all the console characters and rebalances everyone, then those balance changes will find their way to the console version via a patch. The question then will be whether the development cycle for Revelator ends there or continues to another arcade update that's later made into an "Extend" release for consoles...

I personally am glad that they're taking their time on Dizzy. The last thing we'd want or, heck, NEED, is a borken mess of one of the fan favorites. She is probably a beast to work with, what with dealing with animating her, Undine, Necro (basically /three/ sprites in one), and her various zoning tools, especially with the huge graphics update. If we want the best Dizzy they can dish out, then we're just going to have to wait. The wait will be worth it in the end.

No one ever said that.

Also, it's obvious they were already working on Raven/Kum when the poll ended, so it can't be helped. We'll have to wait, but it will be worth it in the end, so whatever.

7 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

Ishiwatari said she wouldn't be out by release day, but it's never been indicated that she won't be out before the next arcade update. That doesn't even make sense to believe.

I'm only predicting that because I believe there's a chance of us getting a rebalance later on in the year. They didn't want to update revelator balance from 1.1 because 1.1 wasn't *that* old at that time.

35 minutes ago, rayplay said:

I'm only predicting that because I believe there's a chance of us getting a rebalance later on in the year. They didn't want to update revelator balance from 1.1 because 1.1 wasn't *that* old at that time.

Poor Jam NEEDS help NOW. She's like, nobody's going play me at EVO!! Do something!!  

Sin could use some better Calorie management (meter should decrease faster). Johnny needs a toning down on damage. Bedman needs an air DeJa Vu.  Jack-O's Aegis Shield takes way too long to regenerate. Also, when a ghost reaches level 3; it should stay at that level for the round (sooo much work getting to that level for everything to be taken away by a few attacks). Pot could use a faster Slide Head with a cancel on hit and an air pot buster. 

A patch After Evolution is useless. With the biggest fighting game tournament of the year approaching, you want your newly released console game to be shown in the best light. Having new characters in the cast not even being considered for tournament play gives off the impression the game isn't balanced enough to include them. It doesn't have to be a large patch, just something to help the lower tiers compete better. Look at Killer Instinct for instance. The developers know that if players aren't able to compete (or have fun) with their character of choice, then they're not playing. Go to gaming forums for fighting games and when someone wants to try out a new game, they usually ask about the tiers. It would be nice to say "play who you want", but that's not really the case. It's been played in the arcades for months now so they should have some idea of what to tweak.

2 hours ago, rayplay said:

A rebalance this year being likely doesn't mean Raven and Haehyun will be the only console characters. All indications are that Dizzy will be like Leo in Sign, added via a patch and only obtainable by paying ¥800.

I'm sure there's gonna be something wrong with either Kum or Raven or Dizzy and they'll get all patched up. Like what happened with Rammy.

33 minutes ago, Layer said:

I'm sure there's gonna be something wrong with either Kum or Raven or Dizzy and they'll get all patched up. Like what happened with Rammy.

johnny already fills that void

On 5/15/2016 at 6:27 PM, redsilversnake said:

A rebalance this year being likely doesn't mean Raven and Haehyun will be the only console characters. All indications are that Dizzy will be like Leo in Sign, added via a patch and only obtainable by paying ¥800.

I didn't say she wouldn't be on console. I said she'd be around later on after the launch.

On 5/15/2016 at 5:07 PM, solidscheme said:

Poor Jam NEEDS help NOW. She's like, nobody's going play me at EVO!! Do something!!  

Sin could use some better Calorie management (meter should decrease faster). Johnny needs a toning down on damage. Bedman needs an air DeJa Vu.  Jack-O's Aegis Shield takes way too long to regenerate. Also, when a ghost reaches level 3; it should stay at that level for the round (sooo much work getting to that level for everything to be taken away by a few attacks). Pot could use a faster Slide Head with a cancel on hit and an air pot buster. 

A patch After Evolution is useless. With the biggest fighting game tournament of the year approaching, you want your newly released console game to be shown in the best light. Having new characters in the cast not even being considered for tournament play gives off the impression the game isn't balanced enough to include them. It doesn't have to be a large patch, just something to help the lower tiers compete better. Look at Killer Instinct for instance. The developers know that if players aren't able to compete (or have fun) with their character of choice, then they're not playing. Go to gaming forums for fighting games and when someone wants to try out a new game, they usually ask about the tiers. It would be nice to say "play who you want", but that's not really the case. It's been played in the arcades for months now so they should have some idea of what to tweak.

No.

17 hours ago, Calamitus said:

Looks like Revelator got a 37/40 score (10/9/9/9) from Famitsu.

Famitsu scores don't hold much weight these days but that's still really solid for a fighting game.