Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

2 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

And no plans to add more languages in the future either, weird decision.

It's because they want people from outside of Japan to wait for their respective releases, the dates are very close.

2 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

It's because they want people from outside of Japan to wait for their respective releases, the dates are very close.

The dates are close the same way it was close when they released SIGN, I understand very well why they don't want to have english text right now but I don't think a patch post NA/EU launch will harm the sales in anyway. They can do it when they release the first gameplay or system patch. Not like I care anyway, I will play this week in Japanese, is not a problem for me.

1 minute ago, SQNR said:

I sure hope the European version will get patches this time around.

If patches even arrive at all, I'm expecting them to be months behind, or something... don't trust them.

Instead of hoping it's probably best to buy other versions until ASW and the new Europe team prove that they can do it this time.

1 hour ago, Banoffee said:

Instead of hoping it's probably best to buy other versions until ASW and the new Europe team prove that they can do it this time.

And of course, by the time you sufficiently trust them to buy the next version from them, they've already been told by ASW that they didn't sell enough copies and the deal falls through.

PQube is really depending on people buying the EU copy for both Revelator and CPEX to keep the deal going, and the more people that avoid the EU versions of Revelator out of fear, the harder it's going to be for them to keep the support up. I think that for EU players its definitely worth taking the perceived risk here and buying the EU version, just so we can actually keep a publisher in the future and make it easier for people to get the games over here instead of forcing everyone to end up paying way more and importing.

Spoiler

5goocGpQoP.jpg

Does this go to here? Was just scrolling through jbbs and noticed this... So JP people apparently have the game already.

There was also a comment that Story Mode is 5 Episodes long and it apparently ends with a cliffhanger that makes you go "Seriously!?"

16 minutes ago, Sourenga said:
  Hide contents

5goocGpQoP.jpg

Does this go to here? Was just scrolling through jbbs and noticed this... So JP people apparently have the game already.

I saw a picture on Twitter of what appeared to be

Baiken

in addition to that one. Interesting if legit.

Spoiler

Robo-Ky and Baiken seen so far.

This doesn't mean anything gameplay-wise, but I'm sure people will be happy, all the same.

guys, Guys, GUYS!!

Do not mess with me right now . . . my little heart wouldn't be able to take it! Q.Q

10 minutes ago, MLSTRM said:

And of course, by the time you sufficiently trust them to buy the next version from them, they've already been told by ASW that they didn't sell enough copies and the deal falls through.

PQube is really depending on people buying the EU copy for both Revelator and CPEX to keep the deal going, and the more people that avoid the EU versions of Revelator out of fear, the harder it's going to be for them to keep the support up. I think that for EU players its definitely worth taking the perceived risk here and buying the EU version, just so we can actually keep a publisher in the future and make it easier for people to get the games over here instead of forcing everyone to end up paying way more and importing.

See, most people don't even care about this, especially after the Sign EU fiasco. They got burned once and now they refuse to put any faith into the EU release. 

Besides I have a lot of friends that already purchased the JP version because they simply do not want to wait 4 week for this game to come out.

Please use the spoiler tag if you want to talk about characters not officially revealed yet. And all the story discussion should go to the zepp museum.

29 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

Please use the spoiler tag if you want to talk about characters not officially revealed yet.

My mistake. Didn't know there was a rule about that.

The first question is about whether you can use PS3 sticks with the PS4 version.

Answer: Yes. But, it's not their driver (Lab Zero) so there's no ability for them to give any technical support for it. For every stick you want to use, you would need a PS4 Dualshock controller paired with it. And be advised that you can only use PS4 sticks at official tournaments that ASW would host. There will be no PS3 stick functionality added to SIGN, only Revelator.

It would seem. I have a PS4 stick, so I've never had cause to test it out with either game, but apparently PS3 sticks even work with the Revelator demo. (I've also heard that SFV nets you a 1-2 frame advantage boost if you use a legacy stick, so maybe I will fire that up and give it test.)

Anyway, I just noticed that the US Revelator site is still just that singular home page with the trailer. There's not even 2 weeks left until release. I'm pretty sure that the US site for SIGN was up by this point. I wonder what the hold up is.

The hype train is less aggressive this time around. That's my guess, the king is already back, we don't need a reminder every year or two at this point now xD

EDIT: thanks werewolfgold for the quick reply and translations. I might mooch off other people's ps4 versions just to see Ky and this game looking sexier :3

Uh... are you sure about pairing a DS4 for every legacy controller? Last time I played with my friends on the demo, I could plug my stick in and the game detected it with no problems. Even when playing at home I could just turn the DS4 off and my stick would still respond.

Just now, Kyosuke Kagami said:

Uh... are you sure about pairing a DS4 for every legacy controller? Last time I played with my friends on the demo, I could plug my stick in and the game detected it with no problems. Even when playing at home I could just turn the DS4 off and my stick would still respond.

nononono, that's the way the driver was implemented into SFV and MKX

so Revelator, Koihime, and Skullgirls are the games that have done it "properly" so far

Oh lol, I asked because of that thing werewolfgold said.

I hope the legacy controller support works the same way as in the Revelator demo.

Oh lol, I asked because of that thing werewolfgold said.

I hope the legacy controller support works the same way as in the Revelator demo.

I mean, that's what the site says. If it doesn't work how it says on the site then who knows? I know you would need at least need a Dualshock to run the PS4.

Well actually you need any natively supported PS4 controller to start the game (you know, the interface). But as soon as the game starts you can use the legacy shit with no problems (at least in Revelator demo).

So... yeah, I think I worry too much about this :v:

Is it me or does it seem like arcsys is waiting till the last minute to give NA some bonus news ?? And when does the new mag drop so we can hopefully hear some dizzy news?? 

Announcing something like that at the last minute doesn't sound like a good idea, IMO. I don't expect anything from them, other than Raven and Kum being free.