Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

8 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

I wonder about the DLC story, I don't think this patch will count as DLC,  is just one patch to add the rest of the story plus some general improvements, probably they couldn't finish everything on time before the game went gold.  We will see. 

I don't think Arc never used the word DLC if you want to be literal, only that they would deliver more scenario through an free update.72LO7r6.png

I don't think there will be anymore.

39 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

I don't think Arc never used the word DLC if you want to be literal, only that they would deliver more scenario through an free update.72LO7r6.png

I don't think there will be anymore.

If they used "free update" then you are probably right. 

2 minutes ago, Aegis High said:

Are they going to add more chapters this way or this is just one time uptated?

Probably a one time thing, after all, the last chapter of the story is called "Final Chapter".

I know this is super irrelevant, but is the PS3 version playable or looks like Sign?

How they handled Jacky's animations and stuff. 

From what ive seen the game is playable it just has longer loading times and some stages still cause lag

Thanks, since I don't have the PS4, sticking with the PS3 one.

Also is the Speed vs Performance still an option?

When it comes to the performance of the PS3 version, didn't people mainly complain about the Edinburgh MagicaPolis stage?

I played the PS3 version of Revelator just now and it looks like Sign. As expected the PS3 version lacks at least some of the new lighting effects. It doesn't looks like stages have the new global lighting that affects the character models and the feature of projectiles being their own light sources isn't in. Since I don't have any capturing tools I took a quick photo to illustrate (pardon the subpar image quality):

Spoiler

2C4mCdY.jpg

The game runs like Sign did on the PS3; completely fine from what I can tell. I set up a Jack-O' mirror and had all minions out while running around and I couldn't notice any performance drop. I can't speak for any possible performance drop on the different stages, since I've always had a hard time noticing it, even on Edinburgh MagicaPolis.

That said I'm still a sucker for pretty graphics, so if/when they release a PC version I'll be sure to pick it up.

47 minutes ago, Pauly-kun said:

Also is the Speed vs Performance still an option?

I think it's still there. But having speed enabled never seemed to make much of a difference to me.

1 hour ago, SQNR said:

When it comes to the performance of the PS3 version, didn't people mainly complain about the Edinburgh MagicaPolis stage?

I played the PS3 version of Revelator just now and it looks like Sign. As expected the PS3 version lacks at least some of the new lighting effects. It doesn't looks like stages have the new global lighting that affects the character models and the feature of projectiles being their own light sources isn't in. Since I don't have any capturing tools I took a quick photo to illustrate (pardon the subpar image quality):

Reveal hidden contents

2C4mCdY.jpg

The game runs like Sign did on the PS3; completely fine from what I can tell. I set up a Jack-O' mirror and had all minions out while running around and I couldn't notice any performance drop. I can't speak for any possible performance drop on the different stages, since I've always had a hard time noticing it, even on Edinburgh MagicaPolis.

That said I'm still a sucker for pretty graphics, so if/when they release a PC version I'll be sure to pick it up.

I think it's still there. But having speed enabled never seemed to make much of a difference to me.

Well, thanks for the information it was useful.

6 hours ago, SQNR said:

Reveal hidden contents

2C4mCdY.jpg

As long as I can play with my Six-button Saturn pad and the game flow is like Sign, I'm fine. I still play older fighters (like 3rd Strike and KoF 13) all the time. Still have zero reasons to buy a PS4.

So I just seen someone post a pic of dizzy on twitter..sorry didn't see who it was ..but usually ppl post in here 1st..anyone know anything

Yuppers that's what it was lol. I was like if there are screens shots someone woulda posted them in here lol. Whatever happened to the famitsu issue..thought it was gonna have some new info??

Anyone know if the American version is going to have anything or is that exclusive to Europeans/Japan?

(Not that I'm complaining just wondering.)

First week sales of Revelator in Japan: (Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20160601085/)

PS4 version: 17,829 units
PS3 version: 9,385 units

It has sold way less than Sign in it's first week, but this time the PS4 version outsold the PS3 one.
Fore comparison these are the sales of Sign:

PS4: 12,638
PS3: 27,278

Sign's PS3 sales were nearly three times higher than Revelators'.