Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

8 hours ago, HGhaleon said:

God, still no announcement from Aksys Games about the NA exclusive bonus for this game? Only 4 days away and they still haven't said anything about it. What gives?

7 hours ago, youcanwonder said:

I lost hope :vbang:

My guess is that it was the free DLC for two weeks for Raven and Kum and that's it.

2 minutes ago, Oniros said:

My guess is that it was the free DLC for two weeks for Raven and Kum and that's it.

Do I have to repeat myself?

Either way, I just hope its not that, and Aksys would be real upfront about it and not taking long before the coming days of its US release to mention it. (Though that this isn't like Aksys, where before, they're usually up-front about it, but I guess times change. >.>)

I know what they said in that tweet..but a couple days would be extra drag. But maybe they are waiting..just not crossin my fingers

If such a long wait is necessary, I'm gonna go on a stretch and say that they will actually patch a dub once the story DLC is finished. While that would be sweet, I ain't holding my breath.

I honestly think this would be super levels of awesome if the announcement was:

1) US is getting an English dub release patch

2) We will get Dizzy DLC free as well for 2 weeks.

That would make for an epic announcement but that's probably asking for too much.

22 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

Did Japan receive Kum and Raven for free?

Digital pre-orders had Raven unlocked from the start and Haehyun available, and first print physical copies had a code for Haehyun. Otherwise, Raven has to be unlocked and Haehyun has to be bought.

Are there any minor gameplay changes between the demo and the full Revelator version?

One thing I never liked from the demo: it randomly freezes (not permanently, game resumes after 1 second but it is annoying as hell). I am sure this won't happen in the full version but I just wanted to let know my frustrations lol

44 minutes ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:

Are there any minor gameplay changes between the demo and the full Revelator version?

One thing I never liked from the demo: it randomly freezes (not permanently, game resumes after 1 second but it is annoying as hell). I am sure this won't happen in the full version but I just wanted to let know my frustrations lol

Some little balance changes for Johnny, Jam and Jack-O'.

5 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Some little balance changes for Johnny, Jam and Jack-O'.

Is there a list of these changes somewhere? I've gotten used to playing Jack-O in the demo and would hate it if I got screwed over in a match because I didn't know about some changes to the property of her normals or something.

2 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

Not sure how new this is, so I apologize if this is old news, but, preload of Xrd Revelator is up on US PSN.

Not up for PS3 yet...you got me all excited there....ㅜㅜ

Actually, does anyone know when it will available for download? Is it midnight EST June 7th?

Just confused because I read the store updates at 5pm, so not sure if they're connected or not..

11 hours ago, This Man said:

Actually, does anyone know when it will available for download? Is it midnight EST June 7th?

Just confused because I read the store updates at 5pm, so not sure if they're connected or not..

Well, one things for sure, since the game is a day-1 digital game, chances are it'll be available to purchase right after the pre-order cut-off date, but who's to say for certain.

Either way, the PS Store updates way earlier than it did these days before, IIRC, stuff gets up by 8-9 AM, and practically everything else by 10-11AM PST. Although, who's to say whenever they'll drop DLC around that time too, either earlier, or on release day.

Wonder if Gamestop is going to break street date on Revelator like they did on Xrd.  I'll check on the way home.

1 hour ago, Grim-reaper said:

Because this time around the game really looks like it's struggling to run on ps3 even on performance setting.

Do you have any kind of source for this? From what I've heard, the PS3 version doesn't have any of the graphical improvements and basically runs the same as Sign

It's just my observations. I definitely noticed some slowdowns in revelator even on performance mode. Never noticed those in Sign.

And of course the ps3 wont have the graphical improvements. The console just cant handle it.

I remember in PS3 SIGN it would slow down a lot when there were text boxes on the screen. e.g. during tutorials and combo challenges. But in versus it was fine.

So does it occur in plain versus in Rev too?

28 minutes ago, Grim-reaper said:

It's just my observations. I definitely noticed some slowdowns in revelator even on performance mode. Never noticed those in Sign.

And of course the ps3 wont have the graphical improvements. The console just cant handle it.

Revelator's PS3 version runs just fine.  It's certainly not PS4 level, but it runs well enough on the PS3 that most people will not notice any slowdowns or issues with the performance.  Your PS3 is either on the way out, or you're misattributing any slowdowns you encounter to the PS3 when it is something else.