Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

IMO, Capcom's trying to sabotage this release of Guilty Gear. SRK, eventhubs, IGN, Gamespot, etc. Have not said a single thing about it's release on Tuesday. SFV was shoveled on gamers for weeks. IGN doesn't even have the game posted as a new release. You have to go looking for it. 

1 hour ago, solidscheme said:

IMO, Capcom's trying to sabotage this release of Guilty Gear. SRK, eventhubs, IGN, Gamespot, etc. Have not said a single thing about it's release on Tuesday. SFV was shoveled on gamers for weeks. IGN doesn't even have the game posted as a new release. You have to go looking for it. 

I say this as someone who passionately loves Guilty Gear. I don't believe that Capcom is doing any sabotaging. I believe these news sites think no one gives a shit about Guilty Gear. They are also right.

58 minutes ago, solidscheme said:

Very disappointing. Their coverage of Xrd has been very poor, bordering on the suspicious. Didn't they refuse to mention MajinObama's exhibitions in Mikado?

1 hour ago, HGhaleon said:

Still nothing from Aksys or Arc about the US exclusive bonus. It's already past release and Aksys won't respond to my tweets. Really getting irritated about this. Don't promise something special and then don't say anything further for over a month. Bad form. 

Don't know how true this is, bu tit would be pretty sweet.

Spoiler

ejfY4QL.png

1 minute ago, This Man said:

Very disappointing. Their coverage of Xrd has been very poor, bordering on the suspicious. Didn't they refuse to mention MajinObama's exhibitions in Mikado?

Don't know how true this is, bu tit would be pretty sweet.

Reveal hidden contents

ejfY4QL.png

Yep. majinobama said that they "felt" it wasn't front-page worthy. Japanese pros in GG with a new streaming environment (for them) aren't front-page worthy.

Based on that, it sounds like maybe we will get Dizzy free for 2 weeks? Maybe all future DLC characters will be free for 2 weeks on initial release? That would be cool. I still want a free DLC patch for reintroducing the English VOs. That would be extra sweet. >.>

1 minute ago, GEKKA said:

Did he use the word characters on purpose, implying more than just Dizzy?

That's what it implies. It could easily be a typo, but the meaning of the sentence as you read is exactly that.

I'd be amazed if multiple new characters were free though.

2 minutes ago, HGhaleon said:

Based on that, it sounds like maybe we will get Dizzy free for 2 weeks? That would be cool. I still want a free DLC patch for reintroducing the English VOs. That would be extra sweet. >.>

I currently can't get into the story mode because all the characters sound the same and the text is flying off the screen so fast you can't see/read everything.

So did gold and/or darkside characters make it in this time, or is that more future DLC we have to wait for?

Also, what's the general consensus on the netcode so far?

1 hour ago, HGhaleon said:

Netcode is amazing. By far, the best netcode to date for anime fighters imo.

Better than calamity trigger? Wow. I haven't been online yet. Boy still in the gym. Hopefully people understand that they need a wired connection to play online well.

3 hours ago, solidscheme said:

I currently can't get into the story mode because all the characters sound the same and the text is flying off the screen so fast you can't see/read everything.

Huh? I'm pretty sure it doesn't proceed without you pressing X to continue. Not unless you turn on auto mode, which you can just turn off with a single button press.

13 minutes ago, deadite said:

Will colors and system voices have a bundle. Tempted to get Dizzy but if there will be a bundle Ill just wait.

There's already a bundle for the voices, but not the colors.

24 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Can you fish the Dizzy voice like you can the other character voices?

You can only fish the voices that were in Sign. The ones for the new characters and the new Slayer voice have to be bought.

19 hours ago, White Man said:

So did gold and/or darkside characters make it in this time, or is that more future DLC we have to wait for?

Well I'm not sure on what counts as a darkside color, but the "Gold" one is in considering the color pack that adds colors #18-22. I don't think the colors do anything and are just for show.

image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihir

22 hours ago, HGhaleon said:

Netcode is amazing. By far, the best netcode to date for anime fighters imo.

I don't have the same experience, netcode is meh so far to me. And yesterday night, lobbies were lagging like HELL, impossible to play with anyone outside of private rooms. 

4 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Well I'm not sure on what counts as a darkside color, but the "Gold" one is in considering the color pack that adds colors #18-22. I don't think the colors do anything and are just for show.

image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihir

Ahh, that sucks. Those Sin City colors look pretty sweet, at least.

32 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Patch v1.02 for Revelator, any translation please?
https://twitter.com/ARCSY_Event/status/741219374837571584/photo/1

14 new lobby avatars will be added; they can be obtained through fishing.

Bugs affecting rematch in player match, fishing, the text in chat, dead angle attack, and how one of Raven's supers behaved against one of Axl's moves will be fixed.

All volume in the PS4 version will be increased; it is recommended to revert to the default settings once the patch is installed.

Important text will be adjusted to be more visible.

The news post announced it for today, but it was just announced on ASW's Twitter account that it's been pushed back to Monday. Furthermore, the patch will only be released for the Japanese version for now, with other regions getting updated later.

32 minutes ago, redsilversnake said:

All volume in the PS4 version will be increased; it is recommended to revert to the default settings once the patch is installed.

THANK THE LORD YEEZUS.

33 minutes ago, redsilversnake said:

Furthermore, the patch will only be released for the Japanese version for now, with other regions getting updated later.

Son of a...