Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

On 6/15/2016 at 1:13 PM, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Yes, I am sure...

To get the DLC I had to go to playstation store from the PSN Menu, not from the in-game store menu. Then go to add-ons and then go to recent addons and scrolled back for Revelator. I got Kum and Raven and the eclipse color set.

On 6/15/2016 at 0:47 AM, HGhaleon said:

Look at Virtua Fighter which is one of the most balanced fighting games...no one plays it.

Not you, clearly. S-tier Akira and LARGE GAP say hi.

Don't kid yourself. Virtua Fighter is not very widely played. But, I think it would have less to do with balance and more with it being rather plain, both visually and in terms of characterization.

Sighx2.

I never said a lot of people played it? No idea where that remark was coming from. That said, FS was plenty active online for months, despite people who didn't actually playing it loving to claim it was dead on arrival.

Also, it being plain is a matter of opinion. I think it has tons of character, and the cheesy-ball lines are a lot more charming than anything out of Tekken. Also, every character has 4 intro lines/poses and 4 victory lines/poses + another 6 with items. Of course, nobody took notes and we've got SFIV / V / and now Xrd having one victory cinematic per character. Lame. Also, for what it's worth, the customization was pretty good. I had a lot more fun with it than in Tekken at least.

Quality isn't great, but here's a video showcasing all the goofy extra win poses. Lion's dog pose win pose is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. 

Also, the myth of VF being "hard" is super irritating and I'm sure it's cost the franchise dearly. Is it a difficult game to master? Absolutely, but so is basically every fighting game. Is it hard to get into? No. Not even a little. I dare say it has the lowest barrier of entry of any fighting game, or it would if any beginners still played it. Just don't pick Akira, Shun, or Vanessa right away. It doesn't quite have a Tekken level of "hit random buttons and stuff will happen", but I think it's easier to get a basic feel for each character than in Tekken. 

The execution in VF imo is the highest of any fighting game. So many strict timing moves and combos. It's very difficult. That's probbaly one of the biggest reasons it's not that popular. You can't really button mash in VF (unless you use the monk).

Also, yes Akira is a god in tier but Akira isn't easy mode to play. Huge difference between Akira and for example Elphelt. Akira takes a ridiculous amount of effort and skill to play. He's not easy mode wins. That's probably why so few are amazing with him. Where as Elphelt, you have 100s or 1000s of good Elphelts which is easy mode wins. Saying you're good with Elphelt isn't the same as being good with Akira. That's probably why the Japanese look down on Elphelt so much cause of how little effort she takes to win. 

VF has strict timing moves and combos?
Well, i didn't play extra high level opponents, but i'd say it's basic execution is far easier than 2D-games generally and on par with GG-execution tricks with high-level stuff. (coming from 3D-games myself)

It's true, you can't randomly mash at first, but as soon as you get into the flow or what works it's soooooo good and fluent. Movement feels really natural, too, for some reason.

Also VF-throw animations are the best ever, random explosions and crap like in Tekken doesn't even begin to compare to that epicness. People just quit before they get that far :(
Or they don't even try because 'hurr, durr, game too difficult and ded anyway'.
Well, GG had the same problem of "game too difficult, not even gonna try" for a long time. These urban myths are just sad >.<

VF5FS online mode had spectacular good connection quality, too.

Ahem... carry on with GG ontopic.

9 hours ago, Antaiseito said:

VF has strict timing moves and combos?
Well, i didn't play extra high level opponents, but i'd say it's basic execution is far easier than 2D-games generally and on par with GG-execution tricks with high-level stuff. (coming from 3D-games myself)

It's true, you can't randomly mash at first, but as soon as you get into the flow or what works it's soooooo good and fluent. Movement feels really natural, too, for some reason.

Also VF-throw animations are the best ever, random explosions and crap like in Tekken doesn't even begin to compare to that epicness. People just quit before they get that far :(
Or they don't even try because 'hurr, durr, game too difficult and ded anyway'.
Well, GG had the same problem of "game too difficult, not even gonna try" for a long time. These urban myths are just sad >.<

VF5FS online mode had spectacular good connection quality, too.

Ahem... carry on with GG ontopic.

VF5FS looks at GG and says "HEAVYWEIGHTS ARE NOTHING TO ME!! START RUNNING NOOOW!!"

lol sorry, felt like commenting, I love VF and it's criminally underrated. Mained Kage, but I also used Jacky, Akira, El Blaze, and Jean. I don't really dislike playing as anyone, but if I had to pick a least favorite, maybe Jeffry. I've ended up playing the game with some people and had them just utterly confused how the game even works.

On 6/16/2016 at 4:00 PM, Yakifufu said:

To get the DLC I had to go to playstation store from the PSN Menu, not from the in-game store menu. Then go to add-ons and then go to recent addons and scrolled back for Revelator. I got Kum and Raven and the eclipse color set.

I tried this and couldn't find PS3. Just PS4 only and that was from looking at PSN>New games. Did the same thing you said too.

Can you show me screenshots of what your screen looks like compared to mine? Because mine is just nothing in both the online PSN store and the on Playstation 3 PSN store (not through the Revelator game.) I even called PSN and they couldn't find it. They told me to contact the company. I'm kind of depressed because 1) I got the game on the 8th due to a Gamestop delay and 2)I'm afraid by the time I fix this I won't be able to get anything for free.

37 minutes ago, Naotomato said:

I tried this and couldn't find PS3. Just PS4 only and that was from looking at PSN>New games. Did the same thing you said too.

Can you show me screenshots of what your screen looks like compared to mine? Because mine is just nothing in both the online PSN store and the on Playstation 3 PSN store (not through the Revelator game.) I even called PSN and they couldn't find it. They told me to contact the company. I'm kind of depressed because 1) I got the game on the 8th due to a Gamestop delay and 2)I'm afraid by the time I fix this I won't be able to get anything for free.

I had found in the PS Store website and "downloaded" from there, I just wrote "Raven" or "Haehyun" and you can find easier...

Does anyone know if cross-play is working? I heard some rumors of PS3 and PS4 not being able to connect to one another online. 

11 minutes ago, Kain_Dizengarth said:

That was when the patch 1.02 was released only on ps4 first then ps3 but only for phisical copies. Now everyone have the patch so it's working now

Awesome. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Naotomato said:

Alright I can't find out how to do screenshots on my Ps3 but my trail was ...

PS button

Playstation Network

Playstation Store

I scroll down to "Add-ons" and press right

Select "popular"

Filter for last 30 days

It's right under Call of Duty, DC Universe, Rocksmith.

I've got a US digital version of the game and a friend of mine has the EU disc one. For some reason we cannot connect to each other nor find our rooms. He told me that he still has patch 1.01, is this normal?

Also are the open lobbies still broken? Ever since the patch I keep getting 'Failed to initialise" every time I sit on a station and try to play someone. Player rooms work fine so I'm a bit puzzled.

4 hours ago, Epic said:

I've got a US digital version of the game and a friend of mine has the EU disc one. For some reason we cannot connect to each other nor find our rooms. He told me that he still has patch 1.01, is this normal?

Also are the open lobbies still broken? Ever since the patch I keep getting 'Failed to initialise" every time I sit on a station and try to play someone. Player rooms work fine so I'm a bit puzzled.

It's unfortunately normal because the Euro release is still behind patchwise. 

2 hours ago, deadite said:

I completed everyones episode mode including dlcs. Why are there two locked movies in gallery?

Are you absolutely sure? The movie section in your gallery should read EP OPs and ENs in order of: Sol, Ky, May, Millia, Zato, Potemkin, Chipp, Faust, Axl, Venom, Slayer, I-No, Bedman, Ramlethal, Sin, Elphelt, Leo, Johnny, and Jack-O. After Jack-O's ending it will be Arcade opening 1, Arcade opening 2, Consumer ver opening, TGS 2015 trailer, Arcade ver credits, and Consumer(Story mode) credits.

51 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Dizzy.

She wouldn't take up space in the movie section considering Jam and console characters don't have story for episode mode. 

1 hour ago, KD said:

It's unfortunately normal because the Euro release is still behind patchwise. 

Are you absolutely sure? The movie section in your gallery should read EP OPs and ENs in order of: Sol, Ky, May, Millia, Zato, Potemkin, Chipp, Faust, Axl, Venom, Slayer, I-No, Bedman, Ramlethal, Sin, Elphelt, Leo, Johnny, and Jack-O. After Jack-O's ending it will be Arcade opening 1, Arcade opening 2, Consumer ver opening, TGS 2015 trailer, Arcade ver credits, and Consumer(Story mode) credits.

She wouldn't take up space in the movie section considering Jam and console characters don't have story for episode mode. 

I am sure. I have everyones intro and ending movies and the arcade and console trailers. I got the $100000 from completing it too. The locked movies come after both JackO opening and ending respectively.

54 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

We still without Dizzy's gameplay footage or release date, right?

Until around when Evo happens, most likely.

20 minutes ago, redsilversnake said:

Until around when Evo happens, most likely.

But then she won't become legal for tournaments, since a character needs to be launched at least one week before a tournament...

Well, but we have 3 weeks before Evo, so... yeah, why not...

Speaking as someone for whom Dizzy was the closest thing they had to a main in the bad old XX days, and who has been really looking forward to her, I would vastly prefer that ASW take the time to knock her design  out of the park, rather than meet some arbitrary date (even if it's the date of the biggest tourney in the world).  I'd be really disappointed if she came out in a bad state due to not enough time spent.  

Don't worry, ASW will get her out.  They want our monies after all.  :)