Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

1 minute ago, Antaiseito said:

The reason i could think of is that they want to reward fans and don't want to spawn random people that only train up to make some money.
Sounds pretty idealist, i guess...

Sounds more like a lack of business sense (that's nothing new). Some high-profile players might've joined and brought along people that follow them. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was played by Jwong, F.Champ, Sanford Kelly, ChrisG, etc. just because of the cash. Look at how much attention that unbalanced game gets (and is still getting).

It's a nice gesture, but it could've also helped to give the title more attention if announced earlier. You don't need additional gas if you've already reached your location.

I can't wait for Evo, I hope to see Machabo and Ogawa go at it!

Also maybe Dizzy announcement? That'd be awesome.

13 hours ago, Antaiseito said:

The reason i could think of is that they want to reward fans and don't want to spawn random people that only train up to make some money.
Sounds pretty idealist, i guess...

It doesn't sound right but my heart is with you dude.

On 12/07/2016 at 5:51 AM, redsilversnake said:

They likely didn't start full work on Dizzy until at least Raven and Haehyun were done, and Ishiwatari has said that she's the hardest character they've worked on to date, so it's not really too surprising that it's taken this long.

I remember reading some commenters previously saying it was foolish to vote for Dizzy in that poll, since her model was already done and that she was clearly going to be in Revelator like Johnny. Given the difficulty of actually implementing her in-game, I guess we know that's not true.

Those comments were uninformed, as Arc had already stated that the story mode models couldn't be used for gameplay, and they more or less had to start from scratch if the story character was to be made playable. 

17 hours ago, solidscheme said:

Sounds more like a lack of business sense (that's nothing new). Some high-profile players might've joined and brought along people that follow them. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was played by Jwong, F.Champ, Sanford Kelly, ChrisG, etc. just because of the cash. Look at how much attention that unbalanced game gets (and is still getting).

It's a nice gesture, but it could've also helped to give the title more attention if announced earlier. You don't need additional gas if you've already reached your location.

Yeah, well, beats me. Sounds like something i would do if i had enough money already ^^

You do know they did the same for BBCP in 2014 where they added 30.000$ after registration was closed.
Seemed like a lot more people watched the tourney because of that. After Evo2014 was over, everybody (on the internet, afaik) agreed that BBCP Finals was the most hype during that weekend. kotaku - the-most-intense-battle-of-evo-2014-so-far
First line starts with " With a $35,000 on the line — the largest pot of EVO 2014 "

Maybe it has some nice effects for them going forward.

Two weeks ago, a random dude on Reddit said this on a topic about Dizzy at /r/GuiltyGear:

"Pachi said Evo reveal. So about then"

Now if you add the fact that Daisuke himself will be at EVO... Well, I say that we've got an actual probability of something Dizzy-related at the tournament
Based anon if this sh*t turns out to be legit.

My thing is that I don't remember Arc ever using an appearance at Evo to announce something. They probably figure there's so much going on that weekend already they'd probably get buried underneath it all.

18 minutes ago, Layer said:

My thing is that I don't remember Arc ever using an appearance at Evo to announce something. They probably figure there's so much going on that weekend already they'd probably get buried underneath it all.

The counterpoint to that is MKX is using evo as a stage to announce stuff as is SFV. It's possible companies now want to try using evo as a marketing event for future content.

6 hours ago, noct76 said:

The counterpoint to that is MKX is using evo as a stage to announce stuff as is SFV. It's possible companies now want to try using evo as a marketing event for future content.

I see this as a good idea, and ArcSys has tried to cater to us here in the West much more than any like any other iteration of GG in the past 10 years or more lol.

First Xrd News of any kind (right off the bat as a in-game Trailer) was also shown during Tougeki (after AC GF had ended?). Name 2 Big, Prestigious Tournaments pre 09, and you´d hear Evo and SBO Tougeki.

So a Evo Dizzy Reveal (or something completely unexpected) could be highly possible.

2 hours ago, chun_li1 said:

First Xrd News of any kind (right off the bat as a in-game Trailer) was also shown during Tougeki (after AC GF had ended?). Name 2 Big, Prestigious Tournaments pre 09, and you´d hear Evo and SBO Tougeki.

So a Evo Dizzy Reveal (or something completely unexpected) could be highly possible.

Xrd was announced at the first Arc Revo, not at Tougeki. I'm pretty sure Tougeki was already dead for some time by then.

I was looking through the list Majinobama had given for Japanese participation at Evo and saw an E. Asian player who now lives outside of Japan and plays with Jack-O:

21 hours ago, noct76 said:

That's exactly my point about the weekend being crowded for news and headlines. I really don't think Arc would want to compete against NRS or Capcom for headline news. Sure they could probably beat out NRS outside of America, but Capcom. Eh.

Better to just wait for their own tournament where they don't have to compete with anybody. Then again, they have a 1pm slot this year. Lot more viewers on stream to encapsulate this year around.

2 hours ago, solidscheme said:

I was looking through the list Majinobama had given for Japanese participation at Evo and saw an E. Asian player who now lives outside of Japan and plays with Jack-O

Bonus points: Svampen is actually registered here!

Dizzy will release tomorrow, everyone can now shut up lol

Also getting Elphlet's original SIGN costume (OG Super Saiyan Respect~) plus a 1.04 update in the fall that adds "Digital Figure" mode and "more . . ."

Holy shit that audio production was a mess. Couldn't hear a single word they said. Any word on what the black screen they cut to was supposed to be?

Gotta admit it feels weird not to have a big ASW announcement not coming from a Famitsu magazine or a location test. It was announced at EVO of all places!