Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Dizzy tomorrow!? But, but I held off on buying the game because I thought she was still months off! Ug, atm I'm living somewhere with caveman internet. You're mean, ArcSys. :(

Johnny's changes (with Google translate so correct me if I'm wrong):
Gut level decreases from 4 to 3.
Tension gain from dashing halved.
6P, c.S has more recovery(?).
6K attack level decreases from 3 to 2.
The damage of HS, 6HS, 2HS, j.D and Mist Finer level 3 (both ground and air versions) got nerfed.
The damage of 2D changes from 25+25 to 30+20.
Some change on tension gain from going in to mist stance (no tension gain) and releasing mist finer.
Bacchus Sigh unblockable glitch fixed.

And can somebody confirm or deny this last one, because if true it will be a game changer:
With Bacchus Sigh, blocking a Mist Finer causes the opponent to stagger instead (?).

"地上ガード状態の相手にミストファイナーをヒットさせた際、
よろけを誘発するように変更しました。"

2 minutes ago, truecrimson said:

And can somebody confirm or deny this last one, because if true it will be a game changer:
With Bacchus Sigh, blocking a Mist Finer causes the opponent to stagger instead (?).

"地上ガード状態の相手にミストファイナーをヒットさせた際、
よろけを誘発するように変更しました。"

Yup its true

Slayer

- Helter Skelter has throw invincibility on landing
- Helter Skelter can be YRC'd and the projectile still comes out

It's weird that Pachi's solution to Slayer being weak is to give him projectile oki, in a game already full of projectile oki. Was hoping for more Slayer-esque stuff like better stun or hitboxes.

But I guess oki is the name of the game here. Slightly disappointing.

Elphelt has massive hitbox nerfs on her S moves though which is a good buff to everyone else.

EDIT: I take it back, Helter Skelter YRC combos into K Pile, this is awesome lol. And confirmable on CH. Slayer's back to the corner becoming a K Pile loop for 25% is pretty nice.

Those alt colors are atrocious. Why are Faust and I-no the only characters with consistently good colors?

Sin

2S - damage from 32 down to 27

6HS - damage from 42 down to 38

J. 6HS - damage from 44 down to 36

Eating - Purple Roman Cancel is not possible

Beak Driver - Damage from 46 down to 36, 10 frames added to recovery, charged version damage from 76 down to 66

Air Beak Driver - Damage from 50 down to 40

R. T. L :

The attack force was reduced from 60 to 50 , it was to prevent change of direction at the time of missed swing

There's some other stuff with proration and calorie gauge frame recovery I don't understand.

16 minutes ago, Devdan said:

Those alt colors are atrocious. Why are Faust and I-no the only characters with consistently good colors?

I wish they would give the all characters like around six unique colors. Right now it's like everyone is wearing the same outfit.

6 minutes ago, solidscheme said:

Get to it man. She'll be waiting.

Downloading it right now. PS3 tho, so sorry.:sweatdrop:

Also, looking forward to play elphelt despite the nerfs.

Just now, MastermanX said:

Downloading it right now. PS3 tho, so sorry.:sweatdrop:

Also, looking forward to play elphelt despite the nerfs.

You... I like you.

Ky's j.S buff is pretty sweet for air dashes. Much easier to hit crouching opponents now. 

I think Elphelt is still pretty strong, just normalized.

2 minutes ago, Clamper said:

Ky's j.S buff is pretty sweet for air dashes. Much easier to hit crouching opponents now. 

I think Elphelt is still pretty strong, just normalized.

Is she A-tier or B-tier?

2 minutes ago, MastermanX said:

Is she A-tier or B-tier?

Well there's no way to know right now but it doesn't seem like her overall gameplan changed like Johnny. They basically fixed her hurtboxes and reduced her meter building. I don't think she lost her combos or setups. 

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok_F4 said:

Finally, about time we got a balance patch... I expect some Nerfs on Sol also xD, and buffs for Pot, Ram and Jam.

Sol's basically unchanged, Pot can combo off throw RRC, Jam got a bunch of small things, Ram got something, Johnny Sin Elph got hit hard.

2 minutes ago, Clamper said:

Well there's no way to know right now but it doesn't seem like her overall gameplan changed like Johnny. They basically fixed her hurtboxes and reduced her meter building. I don't think she lost her combos or setups. 

Sorry.:sweatdrop:

They nerfed Jack-O (a mid-tier) and gave her nothing good in return. She has ZERO end-game (inevitability). In RTS you work on gathering resources to build for an end-game. Level 3 ghost are not what I would call the StarCraft master-weapon of Guily Gear. It was already hard enough keeping a house down, now you have to wait even longer to plant one (you only have a minute and a half to work with)? Besides that they weaken her offense and defense so now you can't even fight off players to stabilize. Meanwhile Sol and Millia were barely touched.

2 minutes ago, ivanchu77 said:

How´s ramlethal? please tell me she got buffed, she really needs it

Swords have shorter recovery, she got some new cancel off pk, normal sildo has same hitstun as CH