Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

.....I dont really understand the Jack O nerfs, she already was kinda meh.

I can deal with the longer recovery on whiff, cause you shouldnt whiff, but houses going from level 4 to 2?  Thats huge.

Also cant rapid build houses anymore :(

1 minute ago, Banoffee said:

Not all characters need a ground AA especially one as godlike as Elphelt's. She is strong in every other aspect so having one weakness is fair, isn't it? Testament never had a proper AA and he did fine.

Position yourself and projectiles so that you don't have to AA, that's probably the point.

Judging by some of the other notes (and a rather disturbing video of her getting hit by Raven's super while doing a max range far S), she may have more weaknesses and it's not seeming too fair right now. Still,I'll say I'm just being reactionary right now since I haven't had time to practice yet,so we'll see if there's actual;y something to worry about.

1 minute ago, Banoffee said:

6 minutes ago, ApertureBlack said:

.....I dont really understand the Jack O nerfs, she already was kinda meh.

I can deal with the longer recovery on whiff, cause you shouldnt whiff, but houses going from level 4 to 2?  Thats huge.

Also cant rapid build houses anymore :(

She Will be dropped by all that play her now. It wasn't really worth the effort before and it clearly isn't now. Her game before the patch started like 20 seconds into the round. Now, it may never start. Did they give her ANY stealth buffs?

1 minute ago, solidscheme said:

She Will be dropped by all that play her now. It wasn't really worth the effort before and it clearly isn't now. Her game before the patch started like 20 seconds into the round. Now, it may never start. Did they give her ANY stealth buffs?

Ill still play her, but I am a bit salty.  At the very least she had major issues with Sin and Johnny who got pushed down a little, which will kinda help

I cant see any stealth buffs.....I wish I could

5 minutes ago, ApertureBlack said:

Ill still play her, but I am a bit salty.  At the very least she had major issues with Sin and Johnny who got pushed down a little, which will kinda help

I cant see any stealth buffs.....I wish I could

What about the Millia, Axl, Chip and Sol match-ups?

1 minute ago, solidscheme said:

What about the Millia, Axl, Chip and Sol match-ups?

They exist to make me feel worse, trying to stay positive :cry:

10 minutes ago, BladeOfJustice7 said:

What is this Digital Figure Mode?

Exactly what it sounds like . . .

You'll be able to make dioramas which you can customize (color, pose) and share them across SNS.

Why? *shrug*

You can see some screens at the bottom of this article.

1 minute ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Stuff like this is going to cause an emergency patch.  This patch was never clearly tested me thinks.

This update is a clusterfuck with 75% of the content being nerfs as well.

Please tell me Raven is more or less OK? New balance patches always leave me with a sense of dread intermixed with anticipation for what it to come. I see 4 things on his list, which isn't as much as most of the others (and sadly I cannot read Japanese, though in hindsight, ignorance might be a bit of a bliss here or there). I just hope they're not unreasonable. I just settled down to maining him, I don't need to have him suddenly smacked down.

23 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

I find this equally hilarious and frightening. What do you call that emotion? "Feaoy"? "Joar"?

1 hour ago, currentlemon said:

Thank you.  The changes seem minor.  With the dash hurtbox tweak, Millia won't be able to go under certain moves (Faust's 41236K) and the crouching hitbox is a nerf itself.  No major change though, she is still good.  I'm surprised they didn't nerf Secret Garden and Chroming Rose.

You got it wrong, the tweak is so that the starting frames of the forward dash hurtbox is lower.
For example if you 5D Elphelt and she tries to 5H you for a punish before the patch if you tried to dash after de 5D recovery frames you'd get hit, now you just go under it which is a nice buff IMO

6 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Please tell me Raven is more or less OK? New balance patches always leave me with a sense of dread intermixed with anticipation for what it to come. I see 4 things on his list, which isn't as much as most of the others (and sadly I cannot read Japanese, though in hindsight, ignorance might be a bit of a bliss here or there). I just hope they're not unreasonable. I just settled down to maining him, I don't need to have him suddenly smacked down.

I find this equally hilarious and frightening. What do you call that emotion? "Feaoy"? "Joar"?

He's fine, improved hitbox on his projectile, can't air throw from his glide tho. 

6 minutes ago, MX_Engellier said:

You got it wrong, the tweak is so that the starting frames of de forward dash hurtbox is lower.
For example if you 5D Elphelt and she tries to 5H you for a punish before the patch if you tried to dash after de 5D recovery frames you'd get hit, now you just go under it which is a nice buff IMO

Jesus

Is if she was ALREADY hard enough to hit. just why

44 minutes ago, SolxBaiken said:

Exactly what it sounds like . . .

You'll be able to make dioramas which you can customize (color, pose) and share them across SNS.

Why? *shrug*

You can see some screens at the bottom of this article.

Is this a ps4 exclusive thing?

13 minutes ago, Chad_Thundercawk said:

Jesus

Is if she was ALREADY hard enough to hit. just why

Because there makes no freaking sense that an attack goes above her head and still she gets hit by it? Maybe? Hell, they still won't fix the fS hitbox that even if it cuts the other dude in half it won't actually hit them.

It was for clarity, so that the hitbox actually matches her forward dash animation.

27 minutes ago, Clamper said:

He's fine, improved hitbox on his projectile, can't air throw from his glide tho. 

I'll take an improved projectile sure. Not certain on how big a loss the air throw from glide is for him though. I honestly never seen anyone pull it off (myself included).

This is definitely a glitch. Seems like this is unintentional. But it isn't hard to get out of, just shield block it. Will push Jam away after 1 loop of it. If you just sit there, block normally and take it, yes you will get locked down and your guard meter will max out. Keep in mind this forward kick + HS loop does not combo. I tried even with opponent ducking and it doesn't connect. This doesn't have that much utility. I main Jam trust me. But this should be removed though. You should be limit to 1 of this loop max.

Just now, neofranky said:

So, beyond cacophonous blockstrings, how else did Jam got buffed? Did her cards and kick specials got any change?

I've seen a couple of videos around on twitter of her charged Ryuujin (Not sure if 1, 2 or max) let her combo out of it.

Jam seems about the same. Slight damage buffs. Slighter faster charges on cards. Extended frames on her fireball + slash move (extended input on follow ups I believe). Other than that, just that dumb loop which honestly looks like a total mistake of a glitch. That doesn't look intentional at all.