Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

2 minutes ago, HGhaleon said:

Jam seems about the same. Slight damage buffs. Slighter faster charges on cards. Extended frames on her fireball + slash move (extended input on follow ups I believe). Other than that, just that dumb loop which honestly looks like a total mistake of a glitch. That doesn't look intentional at all.

I think it's more the result of adding more gattling chains without properly testing them. More of an overlook than anything.

I've already tested grabbing and supering out of that Jam "infinite" and it works without any real effort at all.  Really seems more like a gimmick than a legit block string 

2 minutes ago, NecroTheReaper said:

I've already tested grabbing and supering out of that Jam "infinite" and it works without any real effort at all.  Really seems more like a gimmick than a legit block string 

Sounds about right.  Some people are seriously jumping the gun by calling the 6K>5HS "Loop" "broken".

she could loop 5hs 6k before the patch lol 

she could go 5hs into 5s too, if she goes 5s->jump install->5hs->5s it wasn't game changing before and it isn't any more now imo

y'all some twitchy dudes 

3 hours ago, ApertureBlack said:

Learned the Jam blocktring in 3 seconds.  This is stupid, I dont play Jam at all so I would assume there is a way to reset the pressure after it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX8eys_rQZQ

Lmao, this is definitely a glitch. Tomorrow's netplay should be fun!

9 minutes ago, BerserkChip said:

http://pastebin.com/hYWSgCjv

Patch notes fully translated.

Thanks!

Lol people complaining about the jam blockstring when you can throw her out for almost no risk, blitz her easily, and it loses to green guarding. 

Her buffs are:

less pushback on 6K. Reason was likely her 6K combo's were inconsistent on a lot of character prepatch.

Card Ryuujin is now invuln till active once it goes invuln in the air and deals ~5 dmg more

MAX card Ryuujin is faster to charge and builds a lvl 1 card half way through.

The rest of her stuff is basically fixes like

Her DP is now throw invuln

Longer cancel windows on her normals so she can actually frame trap you

HS puffball now doesn't crossup as much when trying to use it in a combo

236S~K works on more than like 4 characters now for getting combo's

Her lvl 1 card buff is pointless since it doesn't reduce the recovery of her lvl 1 charge at all just how quick she gets the card by 3f from 44f to 41f

Jam is still likely low tier, but now that she doesn't have 3 8-2's against Johnny, Sin, and Elphelt maybe she can break into bottom 5 instead of guaranteed bottom 2.

3 minutes ago, Martikol said:

No easier or at least consistent 46PK link? 46PK being extremely char specific is a major turnoff in using that combo.

Nope, not a single change any Jam player actually wanted except maybe the reduced MAX time. 46PK is literally impossible outside a couple scenarios to do consistently because of how finicky and you can't ever do it on an odd pickup. Hell even after 6HS CH it is so spacing and character specific wallbounce pickups are too risky. Jam players have to leave so much damage on the table because their main combo tool is a liability.

That 6K-5HS gatling was just discovered. I'm sure people will find practical uses for it at some point. It's just too... I don't know... 'pronounced'... to not be the key to some strat with Jam.

5 minutes ago, BerserkChip said:

That 6K-5HS gatling was just discovered. I'm sure people will find practical uses for it at some point. It's just too... I don't know... 'pronounced'... to not be the key to some strat with Jam.

It loses to the most basic defensive mechanics in the game for free. Sure it means she look a little crazy if you don't green guard, but that is really it. The gatling has always existed but the reduced pushback is what makes it so repeatable.

Jam's only move that is good on green guard is 2HS if the second hit connects since on green guard it is +2. She can throw it in a bit to rack up some RISC but it can't be abused without getting blown up.

Just now, ChaseRLewis said:

It loses to the most basic defensive mechanics in the game for free. Sure it means she look a little crazy if you don't green guard, but that is really it.

True, but you're talking about just running up and doing the gatling just by itself. I mean maybe it's possible to combine it with other moves to come up with something useful out of it. I mean it was only discovered like a couple hours ago. 

Though to be honest I don't play Jam at all, so I don't have much authority on the matter. 

Jam could always do 6K5H, nothing new. Pushback is reduced which is nice for combos, but for block it's useless as FD-blocking still pushes her away. If you don't FD against Jam you're failing hard.

However she can now consistently do stuff like 6K5H6K on characters like Chipp, which is super nice.

Jams real buff however is max card charge is much faster, and carded ryujin (dragon kick) is much much much more useful. With one card, tk ryujin is invul from f1 to f8, goes active at f8, so it's a vertical dp if you want to look at it that way (for neutral, doesn't work on wakeup of course). Max charge ryujin is really strong, bascially if Jam has max ryujin she can beat pretty much ANYTHING if you're not careful.

Bedman apparently got a hitbox nerf on his grab? Hmmmmm... I guess not too bad. Guess they thought his tick throw game was too good so they decided to shrink down the AoE.

It also got trimmed down accordingly now that everybody's hitboxes/hurtboxes seem to have been changed. I'm actually kinda curious to see if they were pretty fucked up before.

I can't wait to see people really get into these changes. I REALLY hope it's not one of those balance updates that buffs balance but nerfs "fun" y'know ?

I remember when JoJo Allstar Battle came out and they released a patch that got rid of the big obvious bugs and infinites but they also got rid of a bunch of cool tech that people  discovered and the game actually felt worse because it became so bland. They later patched the fun back in which was nice.

Obviously  I'm not doomsaying its only day 1 but I'm optimistic these changes, even the bigger ones, only make the game more fun and engaging for the long run.

53 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Bedman apparently got a hitbox nerf on his grab? Hmmmmm... I guess not too bad. Guess they thought his tick throw game was too good so they decided to shrink down the AoE.

Regarding beddy i wonder if the changes on other characters hurtboxes will effect his character specific combos positively..

1 minute ago, antonymichiru said:

Do I have to wait more on the japanese store cause I can't find dizzy

If she's supposed to be up at the same time it does for the regular Thursday updates, it'll be a while; those happen at noon Japan time, and it's only a quarter to 1 AM there right now.

*Instant Kill*

SURRENDER!!

Ok, yeah . . . I'm seriously thinking of switching mains just for that lolol