Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

On 8.8.2016 at 3:23 PM, Angry Guy of DE said:

One comment that a friend who is trying Dizzy is a little annoyed with is that her 4S can be low profiled by some really random things like...

Leo's cross-up slash

or

Sol's running animation (is what he said)

probably also doesn't help her when only her c.S is + on block where everything else is minus and a frame or two slower on start-up than other characters.

Replace 4S with 5P and you've got Axl (with some differences like no self-chaining ground jabs, poor mobility and poor mixup). All the characters are designed for different playstyles and their tools are created and balanced for that purpose. Dizzy is still pretty new so she might get buffs (or nerfs if people unlock some secret potential in her), but otherwise you just have to live with what you got.

3 hours ago, Penguinator said:

Replace 4S with 5P and you've got Axl (with some differences like no self-chaining ground jabs, poor mobility and poor mixup). All the characters are designed for different playstyles and their tools are created and balanced for that purpose. Dizzy is still pretty new so she might get buffs (or nerfs if people unlock some secret potential in her), but otherwise you just have to live with what you got.

Sol running under Axl's 5p is one thing, but fucking KUM, of all people, running under it is ridiculous. Add the fact that Kum is probably as tall, if not taller, than Pot but can crouch under jabs and instant overheads that Pot can't.

Something is definitely off about Xrd's hit detection.

8 hours ago, Ash of Arcadia said:

Sol running under Axl's 5p is one thing, but fucking KUM, of all people, running under it is ridiculous. Add the fact that Kum is probably as tall, if not taller, than Pot but can crouch under jabs and instant overheads that Pot can't.

Something is definitely off about Xrd's hit detection.

kum crouching under things pot can't crouch means her hurtbox is not as tall.

unless you mean lore-wise

then alright, that's cool

faust

2 hours ago, greatfernman said:

kum crouching under things pot can't crouch means her hurtbox is not as tall.

unless you mean lore-wise

then alright, that's cool

faust

I was actually making two different points, but I was in as rush. 

Either way, hitbox/hurtbox dissonance is bad.

On 8/6/2016 at 7:17 PM, MX_Engellier said:

The thing here is, that her strongest Oki tools are way too f***ing unreliable, take her K Fish as an example, you need to have "the feel" of how fast every character wakes up in both face down/up position in order to delay precisely her Fish so that it becomes a meaty, you don't need that kind of knowledge for Millia where you can just knockdown > HS Tandem Top > Mixup. And even if you somehow screw up the Tandem Top you can just 2K/2S to avoid a backdash/jump and go for a mixup anyways.

That's why you see most of the Dizzy players (Myself included) just going for 2D > H Fish since it's more of a safer choice, and, while H Fish may be an easiest Oki compared to the P/K version (Except on certain characters like... Ky/Johnny I think where even H drake whiffs), it lacks of mixup options, and yeah, you can just summon P/K Fish > Meaty 2K > Blockstring, but come on, any of you guys that have played her enough time to get a general idea of how she works will agree with me when I say that doing that isn't worth because of the mixup options compared to a proper K Fish meaty/H Fish.

And, I'm just throwing this one out, but I actually don't think she's more technical compared to before, she just needs REALLY bad some QOL changes, mainly, make it so that her P/K Fish are less of a pain in the a** to use as an Oki tool, if they do this single little change, even if they don't change her awful buttons (fS trading against certain 5P? The f***?) it'd be okay, since you'd still have to work you a** off to score a KD, but now you could ACTUALLY focus on pulling off the crazy difficult setups instead of going "Oh crap, let's see if the Fish doesn't whiff".

having to time meaties does not make oki unreliable lmao

Her oki is good. The fish is kinda annoying and allows her a somehow long pressing.

But she truly lacks a standing overhead (other than dust obviously). Her pressure is weak, which is a shame. She can throw you alright but meh.

On 8/11/2016 at 8:32 AM, BladeOfJustice7 said:

@Destin I'm guessing her Slash version was her worst, and GGX being her best or one of her best iterations due to faultless dash cancels.

Her slash was her worst because it's her only previous version (IIRC) where her fish dissipated when she was hit.  This made it fairly difficult to use fish the way we were used to, but I played a ton of Slash dizzy and really got to appreciate the extra caution required (even though slash dizzy was very weak). 

Yeah X dizzy was strong, but I mean dropping the hammer x1000 isn't really a feature of the character.

4 hours ago, youcanwonder said:

Whats been goin on...any news at all..thisnhas been dead for awhile now

The Digital Figure Mode can be seen next week at TGS, the 1.04 patch this fall, the concert DVD/CD/BD at the end of this month and the novel TBA. I believe that's all when it comes to GG.

12 hours ago, White Man said:

What's this about a novel? I'm assuming it's for Japan only, but is it going to be a novelization of the games' plot or another side story?

As far as I know I don't think there is info available, but probably a side story.

1 hour ago, BladeOfJustice7 said:

Is it just digital figure mode? Or is this a balance update as well?

If anything, it was just advertising the D.F. mode mostly, guess we'll find out on said date what the update list entails for 1.04 besides the figures if a balance patch is included.

Also, does anyone else have lobby match, and online problems in general if they play the game on ps3? Every time I play someone in the arcade lobbies, the system/game doesn't return to the lobby and I have to exit the game entirely.

Additionally, it's been getting harder and harder to sync with people in the arcade lobbies as well, and been getting more messages of "failed to connect". I don't know if this is a personal problem, a ps3 problem, or a Canadian problem