Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

GGXrd Rev 2:

New balance, some added moves. All characters without an Episode Mode will now have one. Also, a new chapter will be added to the story mode and a new online mode will be added.

A physical PS4 version also will be released. Only digital or paid update for everybody else.

So, hey, you don't have to buy another disc.

Well, I'm really surprised, lol. This time, Baiken properly revealed besides that (fairly decent) img shop a while back. And Answer, hmm, I wonder how his playstyle will be, and see how he works, lol.

And yes, the infodump a plenty.

Well, there's the trailer, not much on Answer, but looks good in action, Baiken, well, hopefully people will piece some differences from this and her previous iterations.

And...what I'm also thinking...

css.png

Baiken and Answer in the middle? Cause that seems to be the obvious positions that would make sense of it though, and they'll probably move the Timer (infinity) under it, I presume. (Unless otherwise noted or changed.)

32 minutes ago, werewolfgold said:

GGXrd Rev 2:

New balance, some added moves. All characters without an Episode Mode will now have one. Also, a new chapter will be added to the story mode and a new online mode will be added.

A physical PS4 version also will be released. Only digital or paid update for everybody else.

So, hey, you don't have to buy another disc.

THANK GOD, ARC!

Btw, so it means it will release already for the console? Cool!

Since it will have a new chapter from story mode, means new characters, means Asuka is closer to play with.

I never expected to Answer becoming a character. And he looks like he plays like Chipp, very much, probably will be paper thin too.

About Baiken... well, it is Baiken, right?

36 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

THANK GOD, ARC!

Btw, so it means it will release already for the console? Cool!

Since it will have a new chapter from story mode, means new characters, means Asuka is closer to play with.

The console release date hasn't been announced yet. Arcades in Spring. Gotta get that nickel and dime going.

The new story chapter won't really be after the REV story. Kind of like addition small stories focusing in on certain characters.

1 hour ago, NeoStrayCat said:

And...what I'm also thinking...

css.png

Baiken and Answer in the middle? Cause that seems to be the obvious positions that would make sense of it though, and they'll probably move the Timer (infinity) under it, I presume. (Unless otherwise noted or changed.)

They could place them on the outsides of I-no and Axl as well. Then if they add a third character, they could move the random between Slayer and Venom.

Wow, definitely didn't expect that Answer fella to become playable... But I'm actually pretty cool with that, love his design.

Now the question that bothers me is - I don't own a console, but they (somewhat surprisingly) already released Revelator for Steam. When this DLC is out, how will they handle the PC release date, I wonder? Or could it be that, since it's DLC, there's finally hope for a simultaneous release?

55 minutes ago, In&Out said:

Wow, definitely didn't expect that Answer fella to become playable... But I'm actually pretty cool with that, love his design.

Now the question that bothers me is - I don't own a console, but they (somewhat surprisingly) already released Revelator for Steam. When this DLC is out, how will they handle the PC release date, I wonder? Or could it be that, since it's DLC, there's finally hope for a simultaneous release?

Apart what Shini (the ASW rep) said on the steam forums for Rev...

"We already said Spring for all 3 cons- I mean, platforms." / "I won't know anything that's not confirmed and rock solid, and as far as I know, apart from "Spring 2017", Baiken and Answer and new moves for characters (I'm scared to put the word "all" here), nothing else is being transmitted to me."

That's as much info we'll get for now, until later on for more concrete info.

2 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

"We already said Spring for all 3 cons- I mean, platforms." / "I won't know anything that's not confirmed and rock solid, and as far as I know, apart from "Spring 2017", Baiken and Answer and new moves for characters (I'm scared to put the word "all" here), nothing else is being transmitted to me."

Thanks! Didn't even think to check for Shini's comments. Well, sounds reassuring enough for the time being. Now if only we knew anything about CF on PC

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

SHE LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUKK'N COOL!! <3 <3 <3

Baiken so badass. Her OD looks OD with the added flair like the moon and stuff. Answer looks fresh as hell too. I mean I was hoping for Anji announced with Baiken but I saw a sweet Izuna Drop so end of the day I'm ok with this too, haha.

Also I think Rev2 being DLC is the best news ever. Great way to start the day

3 hours ago, werewolfgold said:

The console release date hasn't been announced yet. Arcades in Spring. Gotta get that nickel and dime going.

Please, not another 6-month between games.

By the way, we are back full speed ahead! Everybody aboard the hype train!

Jokes aside, considering that arcade will come first, it may happen to have more one character, like in Revelator, where came 3 characters, the triple J (Johnny, Jam and Jack-O')

Robo-ky is kinda obvious nowadays because Story

Dizzy! Faust! You two will have some work to do with reactions for my little fun!

Im thinking there might be another surprise or 2..maybe even zappa...BUT ITS FUCKEN BAIKEN :yaaay::yaaay::toot:

Answer kinda reminds me of Bang from Blaz...

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Team Red surprised us with this shit. Take note, Mori. This is HOW you handle paid update and new characters. HOORAY FOR BAIKEN and Answer as well.

Very cool news! Also really glad ASW is offering a choice between a new full game and a downloadable add-on for owners of the original. I think this is the first time they've done something like this since the AC Plus append disc for the PS2.

2 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Well, from this Arcsys twitter, it said that Arcade comes in Spring, and both console & PC version come after that. Correct me if I misunderstand.
Also in this 4gamer report, it seems that Daisuke said Arcade version will release when sakura blossom.

My wallet is ready and so are my Tatami Mats.

Waited a long time for this, now I can fully invest into getting good at Revelator.

She looks even better than the original fake by quite a lot.

Can't wait for most the people who kept crying about Bacon to play the game for a week and then drop it.

48 minutes ago, Layer said:

Can't wait for most the people who kept crying about Bacon to play the game for a week and then drop it.

Seriously? Posting that here from all places?

Personally I think it's great to have equal number of old chars back as newcomers. Love Answer's design.

1 hour ago, Oniros said:

Seriously? Posting that here from all places?

Personally I think it's great to have equal number of old chars back as newcomers. Love Answer's design.

Oh I don't have any problem with Bacon coming back. Just the people who kept demanding her back who probably won't stick around that long after they quickly get bored.

I'm glad I'll be able to play Momentary Life again.