Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I'm with Layer on this one, though, Baiken players might not like the changes as well as they expect to.

Azami is essentially Hakumen's Zanshin pose, players are gonna get wise to it and figure out ways around it/bait it.  No more "Surprise! You can't hit me because I guard cancel everything!"

I wonder if Azami even works well on Bedman's crossup 6H?  You'd have to reverse the input, maybe?

Answer seems like a "vertical" version of Hibiki's Double Chase if his clones can attack for him.  Might make him hard to read.

No sounds like u need to do azami 1st to essentially gc. Im a baiken user ..makes sense..rather then it being free at anytime..u have to azami to gc...unless  i am understanding this wrong

Azami is the only 'True GC' she has now, outside of Dead Angle.  I think it's like old Suzuran only stationary.  Not sure if Azami has to be hit to trigger other specials though.

guess as she can do Azami while on blockstun, she would technically still have Guard Cancels, only sorta a 2 step process now.  seems timin' might be quite strict, so like in the sense of Red Parries probably  

Red Parries would be too strict, especially for Netplay.  I think the window would be as big as early-frame Instant Block in to Blitzshield timing at the very least.

New moves:
Ky has a new 6HS
Millia has a new j.HS and also an added HS version of Silent Force
Potemkin's F.D.B can now be charged.
Axl has a new j.6K and j.2S
Venom has a new 2HS
Bedman has a new 6HS
Ram has two new specials: Marteli (236S w/sword) and Forpeli (236HS w/sword). If Marteli hits, you can follow up with Forpeli.
Sin's "Still Growing" can now restore more calory gauge with repeated button presses.

13 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

New moves:
Ky has a new 6HS
Millia has a new j.HS and also an added HS version of Silent Force
Potemkin's F.D.B can now be charged.
Axl has a new j.6K and j.2S
Venom has a new 2HS
Ram has two new specials: Marteli (236S w/sword) and Forpeli (236HS w/sword). If Marteli hits, you can follow up with Forpeli.
Sin's "Still Growing" can now restore more calory gauge with repeated button presses.

Fuck... something is telling me this is bad...

Best news I got so far, Baiken's JD loop confirmed!
Azami succeed > D (Yashagatana) = projectile, can be YRCed.
Suzuran (63214K) > Counter Attacks(Same as Azami) confirmed.
Gabari (41236SorHS) : S is Anti-air, HS is ground. Himawari(P bottom) is throw.
6HS and 2HS motion changed. Can't jc 6HS.

I just loved most of Raven changes (236S and 236HS) and Dizzy's buffs (even without playing her at the moment), on the other hand, it seems the game REALLY doesn't want me to play as Elphelt, because COME ON! The woman already got so nerfed that I really doubt people would still play with her, sheesh!

EDIT: By the way, what has changed in Bedman "replays"? It is highlighted in yellow, but the inputs remains the same.

EDIT2: (By the way)², we have the changes in japanese here http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/ggxrd/GGXrdR2_Changes.pdf

25 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

EDIT: By the way, what has changed in Bedman "replays"? It is highlighted in yellow, but the inputs remains the same

you can do deja vus in the air now

9 minutes ago, Solid Gold Wall said:

you can do deja vus in the air now

PLEASE tell me you're serious, like I need proof of this.

This is the one change I (and a lot of others) really wanted.

32 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

on the other hand, it seems the game REALLY doesn't want me to play as Elphelt, because COME ON! The woman already got so nerfed that I really doubt people would still play with her, sheesh!

You say when she actually turned out not to be that bad off after the last couple of updates, and these changes are hardly unreasonable.

That being said, as always, it's important to remember that loketests tend to have changes that don't stick, so people shouldn't get too excited/upset/ecstatic/despair-filled just yet.

16 minutes ago, redsilversnake said:

You say when she actually turned out not to be that bad off after the last couple of updates, and these changes are hardly unreasonable.

That being said, as always, it's important to remember that loketests tend to have changes that don't stick, so people shouldn't get too excited/upset/ecstatic/despair-filled just yet.

I admit, I don't play Elphelt that much, but wasn't after last EVO where she was very nerfed, with Sin and Johnny? I do remember another patch, 1.0.4, but was Elphelt's changes during that time compensating, I really don't remember, sorry.

I know Loketests do have changes that don't stick but... you know, it happens to hype during these moments...

BTW, when and which site will the loketest start?

21 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I admit, I don't play Elphelt that much, but wasn't after last EVO where she was very nerfed, with Sin and Johnny? I do remember another patch, 1.0.4, but was Elphelt's changes during that time compensating, I really don't remember, sorry.

I know Loketests do have changes that don't stick but... you know, it happens to hype during these moments...

BTW, when and which site will the loketest start?

Loketest started already, and so far, I can't see nothing but darkness for Millia players. (Pls don't suck new badmoon)

If anyone's wondering, its already the 20th in Japan, so its already started. (As evidenced by ASW's twitter.)

So yeah, waiting on good notes, possible footage (though I saw the signs of no cameras, lol.) and anything else.

The only things, besides notes, is...Where's Baiken/Answer placed on the CSS? Also, if anyone is willing to pull off their IK's. Cause their names for them are both ??? in their move list, obviously, lol.

6 minutes ago, MX_Engellier said:

Loketest started already, and so far, I can't see nothing but darkness for Millia players. (Pls don't suck new badmoon)

Where I can watch?

WOW, these Dizzy buffs!  She's gonna be AWESOME if she gets to keep all of this!  Surprised all Ram got was the new moves.  Hopefully they're good.  They sound like they'll be "Sword Rekkas" of sorts?  I'll miss Jump-Cancelable 6P, but Raven seems fine, if not a bit better, thanks to the Super improvements.  I-No changes are GREAT, and Elphelt changes sound pretty reasonable.  I am a bit concerned about that Health nerf though.  (Going to assume she's just been bumped down to Ky/Venom Tier?) but being able to Special Cancel ALL the 5Hs sounds REALLY FUN!  I doubt she's dead by any means, but considering she's been nothing but nerfed since she dropped, I can respect people being disappointed, even if she WAS insane when she was first released.  All in all this looks really interesting, and at the risk of upsetting a few people, I'm enjoying collecting all of these delicious Millia tears in my bucket right now!  Hasn't she been S Tier in literally EVERY Guilty Gear since GGX?