Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I wonder if you can do Kuchinashi transition in to Youzansen?  Youzansen in GG1 used to have a self-cancel loop.

Im wondering ...does she have invisibility when changing from azami to counter...or can she get hit out of it? I wonder bc of the slow start up time from counter

10 hours ago, SolxBaiken said:

Sorry for late reply:

JmY8Tmf.png

So I was right, lol. Makes sense...And the Timer is moved up, instead of down, tho. For comparisons sake...

css.png

10 hours ago, youcanwonder said:

I'm thinkin a surprised 3rd possibly 4th char at console launch

That might be a possibly if the random spot gets moved, but chances are, it may be just those 2 for now.

39 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

So I was right, lol. Makes sense...And the Timer is moved up, instead of down, tho. For comparisons sake...

css.png

That might be a possibly if the random spot gets moved, but chances are, it may be just those 2 for now.

Or if 2 placed btwn may and johnny along w venim and slayer

EVO revealed that will be Guilty Gear Rev 2 used this year, meaning this time that the game won't take too longer from the arcade release, even from an update, which is good

17 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

EVO revealed that will be Guilty Gear Rev 2 used this year, meaning this time that the game won't take too longer from the arcade release, even from an update, which is good

Not sure on that. Last year rev dropped in june for us and evo was in july. If i misread this my apologies lol

15 minutes ago, youcanwonder said:

Not sure on that. Last year rev dropped in june for us and evo was in july. If i misread this my apologies lol

Yeah, not in that way I mean.

What I mean is that the update won't take that longer since it WILL have to be before EVO and since in spring will launch in arcades, so sooner or later will be for the other platforms, because

In EVO rules, if any new content is launched, for it to be legal at the tournament, it needs to be one month earlier the tournament and since they "slapped" Rev 2 in the schedule... the limit is June 14.

And no worries about misreading it.

10 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

What I mean is that the update won't take that longer since it WILL have to be before EVO and since in spring will launch in arcades, so sooner or later will be for the other platforms, because

In EVO rules, if any new content is launched, for it to be legal at the tournament, it needs to be one month earlier the tournament and since they "slapped" Rev 2 in the schedule... the limit is June 14.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but Tekken 7 was in the EVO lineup last year and it very much was not out on consoles yet. Namco provided the equipment for it. If ASW is willing to do the same, then it could have no bearing on their planned console release date for Rev 2.

Now, I'm sure Mr. Wizard knows that people weren't all that pleased with that setup given the inherent disadvantages of some people have easier access to arcades than others. And that might be a reason to have hope. But, until something is confirmed outright, don't have too much hope.

46 minutes ago, werewolfgold said:

Sorry to rain on the parade, but Tekken 7 was in the EVO lineup last year and it very much was not out on consoles yet. Namco provided the equipment for it. If ASW is willing to do the same, then it could have no bearing on their planned console release date for Rev 2.

Now, I'm sure Mr. Wizard knows that people weren't all that pleased with that setup given the inherent disadvantages of some people have easier access to arcades than others. And that might be a reason to have hope. But, until something is confirmed outright, don't have too much hope.

How about the fact that they (EVO Staff) are working with ASW to make sure the update comes out in time and that they're considering doing a demo/early access (like with revelator) so that competitive players can get used to the changes earlier. Check out the Rev 2 part of the announcement stream if you want more details or if you just want to hear it for yourself

8 minutes ago, MLSTRM said:

How about the fact that they (EVO Staff) are working with ASW to make sure the update comes out in time and that they're considering doing a demo/early access (like with revelator) so that competitive players can get used to the changes earlier. Check out the Rev 2 part of the announcement stream if you want more details or if you just want to hear it for yourself

Come to think of it, I do remember someone somewhere saying that in a comments section, but I didn't recall anyone reporting on it otherwise. I will have to check the stream.

Yeah, anyways, that artilce at least has some big screenshots on Rev 2's characters Baiken/Answer, and new moves for the old characters. Along with character art singles for everyone including Baiken/Answer (unless people will rather wait for high-quality img's, to do alt colors in that one thread over in Zepp.)