Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

1 hour ago, werewolfgold said:

Oh, silly me. I forgot the funniest thing about Answer. For his dust attack, he quick summons a giant frog that licks you up into the air. And for his mid-match win pose, he summons it again (while he's still talking on the phone) and it eats you. Then, it decides it doesn't like you and spits you back out. lol

I love this. I'm very much looking forward to Answer.

7 hours ago, werewolfgold said:

Oh, silly me. I forgot the funniest thing about Answer. For his dust attack, he quick summons a giant frog that licks you up into the air. And for his mid-match win pose, he summons it again (while he's still talking on the phone) and it eats you. Then, it decides it doesn't like you and spits you back out. lol

So even in GG, they HAD to do a Konosuba's tribute? LOL

9 hours ago, Tokkan said:

http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs2/outline/

Rev2 includes an "After Story". Additional story is planned for free release after launch.
Online Lobby is now independent of Ranked and Player Matches, meaning it's now a true 3rd mode of netplay like in BB and not a required sign-in to play the other modes of netplay.
Ranked match now allows rematching up to a FT2.
Player match now allows you to spectate a match that has already started.
You can switch back to the original Revelator in the options menu if you wish to netplay with a person who hasn't upgraded yet.

What's FT2?

1 hour ago, Aegis High said:

Again? The story mode is not in the disc, it has to be download?

I read it more as being the same as Revelator, where there was story on disc and then another story block a couple of months afterwards. Could be all just downloaded though, not sure honestly.

Just to be sure, yes, Rev 2 is doing the same thing like SF V in a later update in ranked matches. Best 2 out of 3. Which is nice.

Also, yeah, if anything, the extra chapters to the original Rev's story had to be downloaded in an update. (Assuming PC version had it from the start, obviously), so yeah, the same thing applies, hope its not a long wait, of course.

At least I did mentioned before that Rev 2 would go the way of version switch ala AC+ and +R.

My only concern is "how much" will be added?  You can only add so much to Rev2 without calling it a sequel.

Website is kinda vague on that, unless Strangely Compelling updates the U.S. website.

Any new characters added is going to warrant yet another set of location tests, so I think Baiken and Answer are all we'll get for now.

Still, I wish they'd tweak M.O.M. at least, Level 120 Prices on items is hellish.

29 minutes ago, Blade said:

Any new characters added is going to warrant yet another set of location tests, so I think Baiken and Answer are all we'll get for now.

There's always the option of adding poorly tested/balanced characters as DLC. :v:

5 hours ago, Blade said:

Eh, each XRD version so far has had a console release character which never showed up in arcade loketests, so it's not totally crazy to think about. Also so far every set of added characters has been in 3's so we could end up with a surprise come console release date (I don't see it being later than that just because of Evo, although it could be announced then like Dizzy was.)

If there’s going to be more DLC, it means there is going to be another revision like Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 3 or GGXrd Rev Slash? Arc System Works doesn’t leave added content as digital only.

5 hours ago, MLSTRM said:

Eh, each XRD version so far has had a console release character which never showed up in arcade loketests, so it's not totally crazy to think about. Also so far every set of added characters has been in 3's so we could end up with a surprise come console release date (I don't see it being later than that just because of Evo, although it could be announced then like Dizzy was.)

Despite of that being true, since Raven and Haehyun were exclusive to console release and never been in the Loketest earlier, Rev 2 acts more like a paid update instead a full game, so it is a little hard, actually, for a third character coming in. It is not impossible, however, but chances are slim, maybe a little higher than that after EVO.

3 hours ago, Aegis High said:

If there’s going to be more DLC, it means there is going to be another revision like Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 3 or GGXrd Rev Slash? Arc System Works doesn’t leave added content as digital only.

A revision from a revision? I don't want to be cruel or rude but I don't see it positives at all honestly. Even though we got Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R and that stuff, it was for PS2, where didn't exist digital upgrade, DLC or stuff like that. Also, GGXrd story isn't over yet, so, after Rev2, they're probably going after the next part.

It stings to think about, but they never actually "fixed" ACPlusR on PS3, just the Steam version.

I want to hope they'll be more attentive with any Rev2 issues.

I remember how buggy the Installation of Chaper 6 of Revelator was for me ("That Man's" talk with Sol wasn't loading all the room elements and I had to reboot the system just to fully install it, like watching floating heads talk in half a room with a flattened camera angle.  Freaky.)

Adding new characters and THEN loketesting them seems to be ARC's pattern, but I think they'd have to revise a lot more assuming they'll add new characters.

Spoiler

Anji, Justice, Robo Ky, Zappa, and Paradigm notwithstanding.

Yeah, I get what you guys mean, and yeah, there's the old ASW 3 character pattern between revisions/sequels/etc. And then 2, after, and so on.

I mean, to me, the only thing I can space out is if the random select space gets moved to the middle again and have a character in that place. Anyone's welcome.

More info from an official stream.

Arcade release on the 30th of March (this coming Thursday)
The After Story is in 3 parts; 1st part is available day 1 and the 2nd and 3rd parts will be added in later updates. You will need to have watched the main story first.
The Online Lobby includes an official twitter feed.

Rev 2 Custom Theme, though it seems to be a Rakuten JP only bonus with Rev 2 there from the stream. Hope this comes out overseas.58d7617bddfcc_Rev2theme.thumb.png.861096542211c5ad54bf6193dee61431.png