Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Excellent FT2 on ranked match!! Thats pretty mush the only thing i really really wanted (except for Maximus to be playable ;-) 

Well done Ark sys for doubling the fun on ranked!!! 

You know, people who say stuff like "Anything besides Versus Mode is useless" or "Dragon Install is useless" or "2nd Player Menu is worthless" sound like total GG newborn Babes to my ears.

When an option is viable, it's an option.  P2 Movelists are so you can know your enemy better if you're new to the game.  2P has the right to agree to rematches or not.  Dunno who was yacking away during the stream, but they need to play more GG instead of griping.

27 minutes ago, Blade said:

You know, people who say stuff like "Anything besides Versus Mode is useless" or "Dragon Install is useless" or "2nd Player Menu is worthless" sound like total GG newborn Babes to my ears.

When an option is viable, it's an option.  P2 Movelists are so you can know your enemy better if you're new to the game.  2P has the right to agree to rematches or not.  Dunno who was yacking away during the stream, but they need to play more GG instead of griping.

Pretty sure that was just Mr. Biscuits not so subtly making fun of Street Fighter V. 

1 hour ago, Blade said:

I guess I'd have to hear the context lol.

Meh he essentially started to talk shit about SFV while the stream was starting (the clipping issues, lack of 2P rematch options, lack of 1P modes) then kinda fizzled into sarcastic jabs at the state of the game the further in it went. 

You didn't miss much. The guy love to hate Capcom fighting games.

On 2/10/2017 at 7:28 AM, chump_fighter said:

Why did they change the input for Judge Better Half again? The change in Revelator made sense, to make room for the Burst version, but why change the button again? I just got used to it being on H haha. Also "Roll into shotgun stance" sounds fun.

The current input for JBH is a pain ,especially in combos. If I want to use Geniose mid combo,for some damn reason if I input it too fast,I get JBH instead

5 hours ago, BlackJustin13 said:

The current input for JBH is a pain ,especially in combos. If I want to use Geniose mid combo,for some damn reason if I input it too fast,I get JBH instead

Hmm, I never had this issue. If others have though, then I can understand the change.

Sorry for the double post, but I've been watching some of Jonio's stream from last night, just wanted to leave some thoughts.

Ky's new 6HS still looks like a solid oki tool, seems to have huge advantage on block. It actually reminds me a bit of his old 6HS in GGX (I think it was that one.)

Skimming through the Ky vs. Faust matches in the beginning, I only saw one of Faust's new items, the box of donuts. Seems like the big versions are really rare, but really funny. Later a giant chibi Faust came out, made me laugh. Near the end of the stream, a giant meteor drops and Jonio freaks out.

Baiken gets a meterless combo off of throw in the corner. It also looks like Baiken players are having trouble finding how to get a knockdown after some of the longer combos.

Answer looks nuts, looking forward to trying him out.

Air Bandit Bringer just looks like it will always knockdown now. I'm not too excited for Sol's new 6HS. The animation is cool though. Also, I thought I had read somewhere that Wild Throw causes a camera angle change in Rev 2, but I don't think it does. Maybe that was removed after the loketests?

Millia. I have no idea what they've done to her. It doesn't look like her new j.HS knocks down. There was a player doing something with the hairpin at the end of his air routes, maybe someone who knows Millia better can tell what he's going for. I think she has to a pin to get the knockdown now.

There were a few Elphelt matches, I think the player was Fumo. Feels like she has the defense of a tissue. He did the shotgun loop off of CQC xx Grenade Pull, and an the unblockable setup after that, so maybe she's not as gutted as some of us feared.

Still not sure what Ram's new moves can be used for. 

I-No's new hoverdash angle seems wacky, I'm wondering if anyone will find a good application for it.

Raven predictably looks like he has to make more use of his excitement mechanic.

It's kind of hard to see the changes for these characters (translator's note, I don't know these characters well enough,) but there was also some footage of Haehyun, Slayer, Johnny, Venom, Dizzy, Jam, Potemkin, Zato, and Axl, if anyone is interested in checking out some gameplay of their character. I didn't watch everything (it's 12 hours,) skimmed through a lot so I certainly missed some stuff.

Festive.

"Small Easter Egg. Baiken's (Christmas) color 16's Tatami Gaeshi isn't a 'tatami'."

I wonder if Faust's doors do the same thing in color 16.

Just checked, but sorry Faust's not as festive.

Millia's Chroming Rose is though.

By the way, can anyone help grab me Answer and Baiken's Intro-Outro Kanji?  I'm not very good at reading paintbrush Kanji.

Chipp's Kanji too while I'm at it.

Sweet, first look at the English version of Rev 2. Hope they answer some doubts of how the physical and digital upgrades will work out properly.

20 hours ago, Blade said:

Just checked, but sorry Faust's not as festive.

Millia's Chroming Rose is though.

By the way, can anyone help grab me Answer and Baiken's Intro-Outro Kanji?  I'm not very good at reading paintbrush Kanji.

Chipp's Kanji too while I'm at it.

Off-hand, I know Chipp's is Shiki Soku Zekuu (色即是空). It's a Buddhist mantra that means "All is nothing." or "Matter is void".

I'll try to find the rest when I get up in the morning.

Okay, I'm back. Sorry. It was a long day and I'm kind of sick. Answer's took me 15 seconds. Baiken's intro and outro took me...longer than I want to admit because WTF IS THIS? lol

Answer (Intro):

• 直行直帰
  • (Chokkou Chokki)
  • "Going straight home without stopping" :v:

Baiken (Intro):

• お頼み申す お頼み申す 卒爾ながら冥府わ何処 外道が笑えば民が泣く 諸行に埓なき沙汰あれば魔道の始末を請負いたす 己は尾籠の三一侍 士道死花無用の所存
  • (Otanomi mousu, otanomi mousu: sotsuji nagara, meifu wa izuko? Gedou ga waraeba, tani ga naku. Shogyou ni rachi naki sata areba, madou no shimatsu wo ukeoi itasu. Onore wa birou no sanpinzamurai. Shidou shinibana muyou no shozon.)
  • "I humbly ask, I humbly ask: though 'tis sudden, where doth lie Hell? Whilst the demons laugh, the people weep. Since it doth lie outside the bounds of virtuous deeds, I shall undertake the task of felling the Netherworld. For I am a vulgar samurai of lowest rank. I have not intent of dying the honorable death of a warrior."

Baiken (Outro):

• 詮議 成敗 御上の政 仇討ち是非なし阿鼻にて野放図 なにとぞ良しなに閻魔殿 なにとぞ良しなに閻魔殿
  • (Sengi! Seibai! Okami no matsuri! Adauchi zehi nashi abi nite nohouzu! Nanitozo yoshinani Enmadono, nanitozo yoshinani Enmadono...)
  • "Inquisition! Judgement! The rule of the Emperor! Vengeance unleashed inevitably throughout the lowest levels of Hell! Pay thy respects to the palace of Yama pay thy respects to the palace of Yama..."

Yama = the god of death. So, I'm 90% sure Baiken's outro is telling you that you died and you now have to face judgement in the afterlife. lol

Answer Combos:

I saw some stuff for Baiken, but it also includes the beginning of her story mode and what not, so I'll be posting it in the story forum.

EDIT:

Re2 Dizzy Combos: