Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

3 hours ago, solidscheme said:

I wish Arc would map Jam's card specials to the Dust button so she can save them for better mix-up options.

Multi-Button Mapping has always been terrible.  I'd prefer it if Baiken's Azami wasn't the same input as Blitzshield.  That goes for Negative Edge stuff too.

9 hours ago, Anim8rDude said:

I came to say thanks for this! I knew the demo came out yesterday, but it still has yet to appear in the the Canadian store, one day later. I wonder how long it'll be like that, because there's no hints whatsoever that it actually came out.

Glad I can help out. I helped out another Canadian on SRK and wanted to make sure everyone has direct links to the demo, adding Mexico for good measure. I'm pretty sure that's all the storefronts in NA.

10 hours ago, solidscheme said:

I wish Arc would map Jam's card specials to the Dust button so she can save them for better mix-up options.

Wouldn't that cause trouble if they bring back Force Breaks though? I dunno, maybe the H button would be a better choice for carded kick specials? Being able to choose when to use a card over the normal specials would be a nice QoL improvement.

No forum for baiken.. and the kick hs for blitz is super different...but imo your baiken...why blitz when you can counter 

I'd like for Force Break moves to come back as long as they balance it right. I felt Accent Core + got a little too BS at times because of a lot of the loops that existed due to the changed system. I wonder if they would ever make throws a 2 button press instead of forward + HS so you have a throw wiff animation. I think that would be a good change of pace to make throws a little more difficult to land with actual throw breaks (not pseudo throw breaks which only occur when both players throw at the same time, maybe make the window 2-3 frames). Sometimes the whole air throw using as an anti air seems kind of silly because of the huge vacuum grab box. 

Also, would having ground wake up options such as delayed wake up, tech roll, etc be detrimental for the game? 

Lastly, I think all supers should be burst enhancable (not just cinematic). Burst supers should have a newer/updated animations/cutscene to make them look more devastating. A nice added touch imo. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, HGhaleon said:

I'd like for Force Break moves to come back as long as they balance it right. I felt Accent Core + got a little too BS at times because of a lot of the loops that existed due to the changed system. 1. I wonder if they would ever make throws a 2 button press instead of forward + HS so you have a throw wiff animation. I think that would be a good change of pace to make throws a little more difficult to land with actual throw breaks (not pseudo throw breaks which only occur when both players throw at the same time, maybe make the window 2-3 frames). Sometimes the whole air throw using as an anti air seems kind of silly because of the huge vacuum grab box. 

2. Also, would having ground wake up options such as delayed wake up, tech roll, etc be detrimental for the game? 

3. Lastly, I think all supers should be burst enhancable (not just cinematic). Burst supers should have a newer/updated animations/cutscene to make them look more devastating. A nice added touch imo. Any thoughts?

1. Yes. Currently the way throw breaks are seems extremely accidental. It barely ever happens because of how quick a throw is. Having an actual throw attempt animation would be more realistic than that magic vacuum thing going on right now. That's so old-school.

2. I mentioned that some months ago where it would be cool to use 25% tension to roll away in the desired direction. It would add more mind games and not make oki so auto-pilot. pressing a direction with two buttons would cause a roll escape left or right (that's vulnerable at the very end) and a neutral two-button press would result in the delayed get up. Both players are then playing a guessing game. Tension would then become even more valuable than it already is.

3. I always thought it was weird that they chose which Overdrive was given that benefit. Your other forms might be the one you actually need in some situations.

7 hours ago, HGhaleon said:

Also, would having ground wake up options such as delayed wake up, tech roll, etc be detrimental for the game? 

Trick question. They're detrimental to any game.

As far as Forcebreaks go, they were better off as Overdrive extenders, so we got Burst Overdrives for that reason.

YRCs pretty much enhance anything else now.

Enhancing Special Moves should be about the same as Mist Finer Coins, QV, or Asanagi Breath, there's a risk to set it up.

Beyond that would tread in to SNK Boss Territory, though they could treat Forcebreaks like how KOF14 does as part of Max Enhanced Mode.

So can someone explain this again to me?

Rev 2 is being released 5/26/17 as a physical copy for $39.99.

And the Digital expansion is going to cost $15?

If I buy the physical copy, I will get all the DLC from Rev for free on the Disc. But if I download it. It will not add any of the missing DLC?

Also, If I buy the Physical copy will it share the Rev 1 trophies?

1 hour ago, LeDelmo said:

So can someone explain this again to me?

Rev 2 is being released 5/26/17 as a physical copy for $39.99.

And the Digital expansion is going to cost $15?

If I buy the physical copy, I will get all the DLC from Rev for free on the Disc. But if I download it. It will not add any of the missing DLC?

Also, If I buy the Physical copy will it share the Rev 1 trophies?

Digital upgrade is $20, not $15. I believe the upgrade will add any missing characters from Rev 1 but don't quote me on this as there is no direct confirmation. 

As for the trophies, I believe Aksys Games said they are not sure if they carry over. More than likely they would in my opinion but take that with a grain of salt.

The build for REV 2 they were using at KSB had prompts during start-up asking whether you wanted to transfer various bits of REVELATOR save data over to REV 2 (separate prompts for System Data, Story Mode Data, Replay Data and Digital Figure Mode Data), so yeah.

^Well, that's good, at least, your progress will stay transferred over.

Trophies however, more than likely, the same list from Rev 1, with a possibility of Rev 2's own separate side of trophies as DLC. Though I guess we'll wait and see until the usual Trophy/Achievement sites get the list.

Anyways, if you happen to have Rev 1 on PS3/PS4, you might have had your game updated recently. And here's what it entails in preparations for Rev 2.

(1) "Added REV 2 Upgrade Package", the catalog data necessary to prepare for the upgrade to the newest addition to the series, "REV 2".
(2) "Lobby", "Rank Match" and/or "Player Match" now function independently of each other.
(3) Changed controls for Online Mode functions. Please refer to the button guide at the bottom of the screen for more information.

Not only that, but a couple other things in the game has also been added. The spaces where Baiken/Answer are in the CSS are locked, the Extra Story is locked, more spaces in the gallery are included, but are also locked, this brings the total unlocks in the Gallery to 319, for the rest however...(Preliminary guesses, but more than likely...)

1. Artwork: Key Art and Cover Art + Baiken and Answers Character Avatar.
2. Movie: 4 Intro's/Endings for the characters that don't have an episode story until now (Jam/Haehyun/Raven/Dizzy), with Baiken and Answer's Episode stories. Along with Rev 2 intro/etc. and possible after story ending.
3. Voice: A couple of voice items are also locked (8 of them at least).
4. Music: Only 2 spaces with added music. (Baiken's X2 Theme - Momentary Life, and Rev 2 OP Theme - Break a Spell, confirmed in the Digital Figures track list. Nothing for Answer, false alarm guys.)
5. Character: Baiken and Answer's color's 7-11 and 12-16.

Plus GG World has some new logs added, along with some ??? in the side. And like in the Demo, your W$ will always be displayed in the main menu for convenience.

Other stuff I have found yet so far...

You can now have your entry in Ranked Matches in any other mode when you pause the game, it also includes the option of either pressing start/options to fight your opponent or fight the person automatically. Training Mode character switching while pausing is now available. R-Code icons now include collaboration icons (not available yet.). "Rev 1" info will be displayed in stuff like Replays and R-Code (More than likely, the same stuff will be mentioned if "Rev 2" is selected.) "Hot News" now has more space to show instead of highlighting it to scroll. You can now Rematch for best 2 out of 3 matches (in Ranked). Your avatar now has the circle of pre-selected quotes to speak. And also, you can spectate other people's matches in progress at any time on Player Matches.

Either way, the rest of the Rev 2 additions will become available once its out soon.

Edited by NeoStrayCat
Updated Rev 2 Info!

11 hours ago, ___Chester___ said:

Will PSN not sell the digital/DLC before date release?

Well, EU/PAL regions are, at least (Its the full game however, not the digital DLC). In either case, nope, gotta wait until next week for it to show up.

Cause they're not there, and there's probably no plans to do so until next week's release.

So what's the verdict on people's impressions of Baiken and Answer, more so Baiken. She's looking kinda weak still in my opinion, haven't fought her yet though. Just going based off footage

Hunh.  I wonder what you have to do to register a Collaboration Icon?

My blog is an 'entity' of sorts, though mostly for information purposes I do collab with people sometimes.

On 5/20/2017 at 1:29 PM, BladeOfJustice7 said:

So what's the verdict on people's impressions of Baiken and Answer, more so Baiken. She's looking kinda weak still in my opinion, haven't fought her yet though. Just going based off footage

Personally I think she's fine. j.S > j.D corner loops are easy to confirm and decent meterless damage. Air Tatami is a bit slower but still a solid oki tool. Her pressure and mixup game isn't stellar but a good Baiken player will make sure the opponent is scared of an Azami and CH follow-up.

That will be the key to making Baiken a real threat, smart use of Azami.

As for Answer, I dunno. From the footage i've seen he likes to go nuts with IAD mixups and jumping everywhere on his kites. I think people will have a huge problem with him at first until they learn to deal with his kites. Then he'll settle.

7 hours ago, Allister said:

That will be the key to making Baiken a real threat, smart use of Azami.

The startup and recovery of Azami is making it look kinda weak so far. Haven't played the matchup yet, but players are still struggling to make optimal use of it, and opposing players have little reason to respect it.

I can barely call Baiken a defensive character so far from the footage I've seen.