Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Logo.png

Old thread has gotten a bit full, and the console version is out, so it's about time for a new one. You can find the previous thread HERE.

Real quick I'm going to lay down some rules:

•  This is for Gameplay and News discussion only. Anything else will be deleted, and warnings will be handed out. If it's about colors and character models, go to Zepp. Story mode? Zepp. In depth character discussion? Probably better on that character's board. I've been known to be a bit lax on this if you don't go overboard, so please try to follow it.

•  All site rules do apply here. This is simply a reminder. Seriously, don't whine and be a crybaby, and don't be an asshole.

•  If you feel like something is thread worthy or deserves its own thread, go ahead and make one. Anybody can make threads, we are not stopping you. Also if something already has a dedicated thread already, go to that thread to discuss it.

So, question about IK combos. Do you need 100% meter for the time slow or 50%? The last couple of times I've tried them in match, the RC wouldn't freeze them as I went into IK mode, they'd just fall like normal.

After all these years I get the play Guilty Gear on consoles.  I'm getting a new PS3 arcade stick, but its not here yet.  So I have to play with a PS3 controller.  After playing a whole day, my wrists and my left thumb are sore as hell.  Totally worth it though. :)

So, question about IK combos. Do you need 100% meter for the time slow or 50%? The last couple of times I've tried them in match, the RC wouldn't freeze them as I went into IK mode, they'd just fall like normal.

You need 50%. They have to be in hellfire and you have to be on match point. Typically you will need 100% meter to combo into them as you will need an RRC to slow time long enough to land the IK itself.

For anyone wondering, the JP DLC does in fact work with the HK version. I downloaded the free JP christmas colors and they work on my HK version. Also, does anyone happen to know when does the HK store update?

You need 50%. They have to be in hellfire and you have to be on match point. Typically you will need 100% meter to combo into them as you will need an RRC to slow time long enough to land the IK itself.

I'll look back at it but I'd do like, wild throw RC IK mode and they'd fall normally rather than be slowed.

Is there a video somewhere with all the navigator voice ?

Edit : Thanks FinalDoomGuy !

Is there a video somewhere with all the navigator voice ?

Okay. This is probably the definitive video, right here. A playlist of all the announcers from the character select screen. No versus quotes, but you know. Be sure to thank the uploader.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi6OQpZ0JJj9WEuNMprgyyA-FXL3y1GP9

From the ArcSys Voice Acting thread. Both Japanese and English.

I bought all the color packs on PS3, but can't download them on PS4 even though the DLC is cross buy and the xmas colours work fine, the JPN PSN on PS4 seems weird. Also on PS3, it installed all the color packs, except Ky, and there's no way to install his individually, even if I choose just Ky, it then goes and re installs them all (except Ky) again. rekt.

Check in-game on your PS4 to see if you have the colors. Alternately, go to the JP PSN store on your PS4, then go to Libraray and select Xrd there, it will show you all the recent DLC that was downloaded. Mine did it automatically for Elphelt and Sin.

To clarify: color 13 is the Christmas color. It's available for free to all users for a limited duration. Japan: 12/18 until 12/24. USA: 12/23 until 1/13.

Color 14 is the PlayStation Plus color. It's available for free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, also for a limited duration. Japan: 1/8 until 2/3. USA: 1/13 until 2/10.

I bought all the color packs on PS3, but can't download them on PS4 even though the DLC is cross buy and the xmas colours work fine, the JPN PSN on PS4 seems weird. Also on PS3, it installed all the color packs, except Ky, and there's no way to install his individually, even if I choose just Ky, it then goes and re installs them all (except Ky) again. rekt.

These DLCs are unlocked automatically in the PS4 version when you purchase them. No need to download a key or anything unlike the PS3 version. As soon as you enter the main menu, game will detect and validate the DLC so you can use it.