Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I'm on PS3 and not only did it take 7 minutes to boot it's taking 1 minute to load anything afterward.

I know PSN is having issues but why is this happening when we're not connected to PSN...?

That sounds like an issue with your ps3 crapping out or the disc being damaged or something, honestly. Scary stuff x.x.

I think it's taking shitloads of time to boot up because of PSN's current issues. The PS4 version, at least.

Dude, I'm still unable to connect to the PSN on the PS3.

That sounds like an issue with your ps3 crapping out or the disc being damaged or something, honestly. Scary stuff x.x.

Considering I was playing online 2 days ago just fine and haven't done anything since, I'm betting it's an issue with Xrd...

EDIT: It booted up just fine after I turned my PS3 off and back on.

The lizard squad Ddos'd PSN and XBL... so that's what the issue is.

signing out of PSN entirely should fix it.

apparently XBL got hit much worse though, the hackers bragged that it was significantly less secure than PSN (apparently Sony beefed things up after the 2011 outage).

EDIT as the attack slows down more people should be able to get on.

Not to mention, bad for the population of the game too. If someone were to browse through some forums and look at things to see if they should get the game...Some vocal individuals can easily sway people to just not buy the game. 

Well, we aren't ArcSys' marketing department, so that's not really our problem. Plus, it is early days for people to find cool shit out and most of that will be in the character boards.

No comment on netcode since I've used it like once or twice and got one horrible match and a pretty decent one. Still, why would netcode discussion need its own thread? It's gameplay related.

No one probably cares with all the netcode arguments but Xrd won best looking game of the year from Giant Bomb :)

Very happy to see this game getting some mainstream attention.  More people playing GG the better.

Well, we aren't ArcSys' marketing department, so that's not really our problem. Plus, it is early days for people to find cool shit out and most of that will be in the character boards.

No comment on netcode since I've used it like once or twice and got one horrible match and a pretty decent one. Still, why would netcode discussion need its own thread? It's gameplay related.

Well...if you play the game and enjoy it you would like it to flourish, no? I never saw the point in just thrashing a game that doesn't exactly deserve it. Makes things look worse than they are, makes the community look foolish too

But, this is coming from the MMO player in me. If I was debating on playing one, first thing I did was go and gauge the doom n' gloom on the forums. Too much? I wasn't going to bother. I'll go out on a limb and say there are a decent amount of people that do the same.

Butttt, I'd ask if anyone has noticed an increase in people online since I'd bet that at least someone got Xrd for Christmas but...PSN, so yeah.

Still, why would netcode discussion need its own thread? It's gameplay related.

This thread is ultimately a general one; full blown tangents deserve their own threads because they're too specific. It'd be otherwise okay if the netcode discussion only lasted a few posts.

Anyone find a fix for missing colors for Ky even after buying the All Color Character pack?

Still having this issue too, on both my Japanese and US copies. Anybody at least found a workaround for this? Is Arc Sys or Aksys aware of this issue?

So have any of us Canadians gotten the LE yet? I hear VGP shipped out earlier this week, but being right on the border in ON it's possible their shipment comes direct from the US. Future Shop / Best Buy still have my order showing as "In Progress".

I got my LE from amazon.ca shipped on the 22nd and arrived the 24th with the expedited shipping option.

Still having this issue too, on both my Japanese and US copies. Anybody at least found a workaround for this? Is Arc Sys or Aksys aware of this issue?

I got my LE from amazon.ca shipped on the 22nd and arrived the 24th with the expedited shipping option.

I still haven't had any luck.  :?:

If you are using a PS4 copy of the game and are having issues loading (you see the timer on the bottom-right but then it freezes), simply disable your internet connection for now (Settings > Network > Connect to Internet > Uncheck). With all the backup issues on PSN, you can at least do some training mode until everything is resolved.

Well...if you play the game and enjoy it you would like it to flourish, no? I never saw the point in just thrashing a game that doesn't exactly deserve it. Makes things look worse than they are, makes the community look foolish too

Maybe they think it is that bad.

Again, no one here is doing PR for ArcSys, if people think the netcode is inexcusably bad, they have every right to discuss that. Keep in mind that bad netplay will wreck the game for people who don't have local players too.

I feel like the biggest issue with this entire forum at large is that people try to back seat mod and reprimand others wayy to often so you'll literally have a discussion, then a break down on why that discussion doesn't belong in an already slow moving thread.

Anyway

I can't even get on psn.

Does anyone know why the netcode does the odd different input delay per person?

Wouldn't that technically put us at different points in the match, which is even weirder?

PS4 users shouldn't have as many issues loading into GGXrd with an internet connection now that PSN seems to be resuming service for PS4 users, but in case if chokes again, remember to disable internet. Now I can get Leo. heheh.

The lizard squad Ddos'd PSN and XBL... so that's what the issue is.

signing out of PSN entirely should fix it.

apparently XBL got hit much worse though, the hackers bragged that it was significantly less secure than PSN (apparently Sony beefed things up after the 2011 outage).

EDIT as the attack slows down more people should be able to get on.

You are joking right? PSN (on ps4) has been down for everyone I know for 12/25/14 till the 27th I know because all of my ps4 buddies have been trying to play GG XRd while we've been off from work (no dice) meanwhile I've only had a few hiccups on Xbox Live on my Xbox One since Christmas day. I listened to the interview with 2 of the hackers on a BBC interview and they said MS took care of the issue while PSN clearly did not. Also every website and even news stories have been reporting on how Xbox live was up by the end of Christmas day while PSN was down until late last night.

Having said all that I hope the "hackers" have a nice spot in hell reserved for them I live too far from my buddies for local play so online GG XRD it is for me.

Xbox One users were actually having difficulty getting online yesterday too. Seems to be all dandy now and slowly coming back.

This thread is ultimately a general one; full blown tangents deserve their own threads because they're too specific. It'd be otherwise okay if the netcode discussion only lasted a few posts.

Thank you. I'm glad people are getting the idea.

Also, as for complaining potentially scaring people away... maybe? But you're free to discuss the game as you see fit (in the proper threads pls). There are plenty of sites heaping praise upon the game to balance us out.

For my part, netplay since 1.03 has been plenty smooth in my experience. 3F delay to locals without slowdown. Need to play more in general, but it seems fine.

Bear in mind that no netcode will magically make every connection playable. Wireless, packet loss, distance, routing are all still real problems. The game seems to do a better job of setting an appropriate delay, but ping jitter can still cause issues if the game doesn't adapt to it fast enough. And of course there are still desynch issues, but even "the god tier" GGPO has those. For what it is, the netplay is solid.

Unlike the PS3 version of AC I didn't have any freezing so far, but I do had that problem of the "please wait" in Player Match sometimes and then again not any real problem in Ranked Match except that now I do had some annoying delays playing there as well.