Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

- REVELATOR's story starts after the events of SIGN's story mode. "Merciless Apocalypse" finally makes its move... - REVELATOR's story is supposed to settle everything else than the fight between "That Man"

The hype. 

Remember guys, if the character is female , it's a waifu moeshit weeaboo bait character :eng101:

Fixed it for you.

Looking the visuals makes me think there won't be a PS3 version this time around. This kinda lighting might be just too much for the old black box. Maybe they'll have a quality/performance switch this time around too, only making a huge difference this time around.

Jack-O' looks cool enough. Probably not my kinda character, but the gameplay footage we have looks interesting.

I don't know man, I think they could still do a PS3 version if they made all these new lighting and texture tricks either not present or toggleable.  It would be pretty crummy to have a game that uses the same engine and balance as the last gen one be exclusive to next gen.  

is this not the most hypest loke test ever?

i can't wait for Jack'o and Johnny. they both look so fun

I don't want dumb people to get their hand on these piece of art 3D models.

urgh, those ps3 kiddies downgrading these piece of art 3D models, am i right fellas

Chances are they're gonna port Chrono Phantasma first, but hopefully now that they've confirmed they're making money off the PC ports, Xrd should be on PC next year.

@burst ODs

I'd prefer burst overdrives to gain new properties rather than just doing more damage. 

Hooray for 6K, moar wallsplats plz. Also Jack-O having mostly jump cancelable normals legitimately frightens me

That usually a human can't mash exactly in the first frame to tech, so holding the button makes everything easier, now, which direction you tech and if there's gonna be an air throw because of this, well that's another story.

You misread my question. The topic never was about airteching. I asked what the difference was between calling a throw break a throw break and calling it "two players who throw on the same frame go back to neutral".

You misread my question. The topic never was about airteching. I asked what the difference was between calling a throw break a throw break and calling it "two players who throw on the same frame go back to neutral".

Throw break implies that you could break it AFTER it happened (that's how it works in most games, even AC had a small, but present throw break window), not just happening when both player try to throw on the same frame. It also depends on whether both players need to be able to throw for a throw tech to happen (I'm not sure how that is in AC, can you throw tech there if you were thrown out of something?).

Okay fair enough, I can see where you're coming from.

Pretty sure you can't throw break in AC if you're not in a state where you could throw.

(I'm not sure how that is in AC, can you throw tech there if you were thrown out of something?).

This, naturally, would be incredibly ridiculous.

This, naturally, would be incredibly ridiculous.

It works like that in Kof13 (which is one of the dumbest things in that game imo), unless you were thrown out of a roll.

Some theory-crafting below this point..

Max. damage roll on Faust's kancho super: 180 (Worst case scenario)

Hellfire state adds 20%: 180 * 1.2 = 216

Assuming Jack-O' has 1.0x defense rating and no GUTS modifier from low health:

Damage increase from regular kancho super and dust kancho super:

420 * 0.8 = 336 --Damage you witnessed

336  / 216 = 1.555x damage boost

So spending your dust gives you a 55.5% damage increase in Hellfire state in our worst case scenario with the given assumptions. Obviously the given 80% isn't super accurate and I have no idea about Jack-O's defense rating, but at least it's something to put in perspective. Non Hellfire state should give you about ~50%. (420 * 0.8 * 0.8 = ~269,  269 / 180 = 49.44% increase)

Again, assuming that damage multipliers are the same for every character, here's some Slayer stuff below.

:SL: Slayer calculations  :SL: 

Regular dust DOT: 140 * 1.5 = 210 damage

Hellfire dust DOT: 140 * 1.2 * 1.555 =  261.24 damage

Based on the quote regarding Sol's Tyrant Rave ver.β damage on Chipp, you're most likely greatly overcomplicating things.

Hell Fire Tyrant Rave ver.β already removes around 50-55% of Chipp's life (222 to be exact, so approximately 53%), so it stands to reason that Burst Overdrives also deal 20% more damage, just like basically every other damage buff state already in the game (Hell Fire, Danger Time etc).

Based on the quote regarding Sol's Tyrant Rave ver.β damage on Chipp, you're most likely greatly overcomplicating things.

Hell Fire Tyrant Rave ver.β already removes approximately 55% of Chipp's life, so it stands to reason that Burst Overdrives also deal 20% more damage, just like basically every other damage buff state already in the game (Hell Fire, Danger Time etc).

Didn't see the Tyrant Rave quote. I think you're right.

Normal TR on Chipp does 186 damage which is 40% of his health. HF TR does 222 damage which is 52,8% of his health. D TR, according to the quote, did 50-55% then, so it's about the same.

HF TR Dust ver. is 266 damage then, following this logic, which is 63% of his health.

So either the "80% of Jack-O's health with Faust's butt super" statement is extremely exaggerated or damage multipliers vary per super move. 

Johnny 6k no longer special cancel able. sad times are upon us :(

As long as it's still MC-able I'm happy.

Psst, how do you think you're able to go into Mist Stance?

It doesn't matter. In #reload 6k wasn't special cancellable either, but it still was a really good move because it was +2 on block and lauched your opponent upwards on normal hit for a possibility of air combo, and on counter hit it just made the launch untechable, not shoot them like two screens away without any possibility of combo except in the corner. I'd say 6k was actually better in #reload, and if they kept the same frame data for this one, it's all good.

Throw breaks are in? Wicked!

Now they just need to remove mash to tech and just use hold. Seriously, I hate it so goddamn much :V

would probably call it - manual tech - it kinda requires precision from the defensive side to escape, as usually precision from the offensive side is required to complete the combos.  guess to tech on the first possible frame 1 frame or 3 frame precision if the inputs are piano'd would be required

such precision on game-play combined with execution techniques such as said - piano - (mainly for reversals) or double taps have sorta been the core of 2D FGs at high levels since SFII days or so

takin' into consideration the overall difficulty the genre can exhibit, guess the same as there can be value in havin' games that sorta "assist" the players by somehow lessenin' the execution requirements (caterin' to new/beginner players).  there can be value too, in games that by usin' such precision requirements, allow advanced players to kinda "go all out".  why would one try to turn the games into the "same game" from game-play point of view?!

I wonder, what will they do to slayer now, since you know.... his VA kicked the bucket.

They could hire a new VA but the old one is very iconic to slayer.

Some say Wakamoto might take up the role...

EDIT: Plz translate

Neat! The homing after 5d HELPS SLAYER SO MUCH. YOU KNOW, WITH HIS 1.1 COMBOS THAT DONT WORK ANYMORE.

2ND test plz...

Say what now?

Where was that posted?