Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Well the Arcade version is 720p and doesn't look like poopoo, even the timer and health bars look blurry on PS3 compared to other 720p games like BB.

And the characters start off looking decent on the PS3 then turn into a blurry mess from the processing mode, I guess it doesn't lower the res but the detail.

you can see a bit of johnny's super at about 30s, on the other cab

Yo what are these treasure chests that appear at the end of the match?

Jellyfish Pirate mini-game?

Just noticed that sometimes the models have some blue flames running all over them. I assume that's the same visual cue as the blue Burst icon, meaning that you can power up an OD?

Dynamic drop-down camera angles during round calls?

Dramatic slowdown during close moments at the end of the match?

We Tekken now.

More like Killer Instinct 2 :B

No tweaks to it in any way? Does the counter still last like 10 seconds?

It's defiantly less common since it happened 2 times only these whole 2 days 

It's defiantly less common since it happened 2 times only these whole 2 days 

Making it LESS frequent actually makes it a WORSE mechanic. 

Just get rid of it. 

How does making it matter even less in competitive play makes it worse? Seriously, you guys and your hatred for harmless trinket mechanics.

Because if it only happens in .5 out of 10 matches as opposed to 3, or even 1 out of 10 matches, there's less incentive to prepare strategies for the mechanic. It effectively doesn't exist.

That's a problem, because on those even rarer moments the mechanic DOES rear its head: it's more likely neither player will be capable of leveraging it's appearance and it will randomize/blur the outcome of match results they're involved in even more than they did before. 

- Kimosabae

How does making it matter even less in competitive play makes it worse? Seriously, you guys and your hatred for harmless trinket mechanics.

I think it's more along the lines of "being prepared" as opposed to actual hatred. Typically in fighting games, you would study its mechanics and learn what can be done at a given time. But since Danger Time happens so infrequently (and now reportedly even less so than the percent chance that it was in SIGN), it's not exactly all that easy to study up and learn from it. Doubly so if it occurs in a heated battle and it costs you the match. Think about it, you and your opponent are down to the wire, 10 seconds on the timer, you're trying your damndest to bring this to a close, a clash and then boom wait the few seconds for DT to set in. It's a pretty jarring feeling I imagine.

Personally I'd much rather have Danger Time occur 100% of the time when only specific attacks clash. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume only clashes from HS attacks result in DT. It eliminates the randomness aspect a lot and when it DOES inevitably happen, you'll know and more importantly you will expect it. At least that'd be my personal proposal. Mind you though, I am not picking sides here. Just making observations. I personally have no problems with DT since it is pretty exciting when you watch a match and it happens. But I can understand why some players would rather do away with the RNG aspect of it.

Personally I'd much rather have Danger Time occur 100% of the time when only specific attacks clash. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume only clashes from HS attacks result in DT. It eliminates the randomness aspect a lot and when it DOES inevitably happen, you'll know and more importantly you will expect it. At least that'd be my personal proposal. Mind you though, I am not picking sides here. Just making observations. I personally have no problems with DT since it is pretty exiting when you watch a match and it happens. But I can understand why some players would rather do away with the RNG aspect of it.

EXACTLY was about to edit into my post. 

I think it's more along the lines of "being prepared" as opposed to actual hatred. Typically in fighting games, you would study its mechanics and learn what can be done at a given time. But since Danger Time happens so infrequently (and now reportedly even less so than the percent chance that it was in SIGN), it's not exactly all that easy to study up and learn from it. Doubly so if it occurs in a heated battle and it costs you the match. Think about it, you and your opponent are down to the wire, 10 seconds on the timer, you're trying your damndest to bring this to a close, a clash and then boom wait the few seconds for DT to set in. It's a pretty jarring feeling I imagine.

Personally I'd much rather have Danger Time occur 100% of the time when only specific attacks clash. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume only clashes from HS attacks result in DT. It eliminates the randomness aspect a lot and when it DOES inevitably happen, you'll know and more importantly you will expect it. At least that'd be my personal proposal. Mind you though, I am not picking sides here. Just making observations. I personally have no problems with DT since it is pretty exiting when you watch a match and it happens. But I can understand why some players would rather do away with the RNG aspect of it.

Yea, I definitely agree with this lol. A lot of the time when danger time happens, I start mashing P like a retard because it caught off guard, or turtle up. If they have it happen more often or with certain normals, it'll definitely be a lot more predictable. 

Animeilluminati streaming revelator

If you're not going to link it, can you at least mention which streaming service?