Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

If you don't want your opponent to gain 75% tension, I think there's only so many answers.

1. Don't ever let them Gold Burst you.
2. Don't let them move around (because running/walking/air-dashing = Tension)
3. Make them spend Tension on other things (like Dead Angles, Blitz Shield, Faultless Defense, etc.)
4. Don't do long combos (cuz damage to some degree = tension too).
5. Don't get hit (cuz being combo'd = tension).

If they're the type who IB (Instant Block) everything to gain meter, you're screwed.

Most cost 75 Tension, it doesn't matter how good they are, they require enough resources to be this good. 

Hahaha, I was about to ask "Are ODs YRC able in this game!?" as that's as rarely as I've ever seen them. I'd like to think that if someone is having a problem dealing with this then they are letting their opponent gain way too much meter. That shit is so expensive and off the top of my head, rarely viable.

Anyone know if there was anymore footage released besides whats was posted earlier?

If there were I'm someone would've posted it by now. And then a page or two later someone else would post that same exact video because they didn't wanna weed through reading the last couple mind numbing pages.

Hahaha, I was about to ask "Are ODs YRC able in this game!?" as that's as rarely as I've ever seen them. I'd like to think that if someone is having a problem dealing with this then they are letting their opponent gain way too much meter. That shit is so expensive and off the top of my head, rarely viable.

They are, I YRC Bedman's Hemi Jack Sheepie all the time!

And don't talk to me about viable... I do what I want.

Ramlethal Calvados YRC is legit, does ton of chip and gives a mixup. She can deploy swords during the beam as it comes from nowhere.

Spending 25 meter to turn a bad reversal super into momentum anyway is 100% viable, and really dumb.

I thought Johnny and Jack-O' didn't have IKs yet. I'm pretty sure someone said doing an IK with them during the loketests just displayed some sort of placeholder message.

Correct. The cast didn't have their IKs during the Xrd location tests anyway.

Spending 25 meter to turn a bad reversal super into momentum anyway is 100% viable, and really dumb.

Except that you're spending 75% meter in total, and it doesn't guarantee anything. Additionally, it only works on whiff, so if someone was baiting and trying to just block, you get nothing, or if you have 100% meter you get red RC, which is great, except you just used 100% meter.

Any idea if they will mess with chars again? like dunno, Elphelt and her obnoxious (and most of the time inexistent) hurtbox?, Potemkin no being lame so hard?(I'm still butthurt about 5p no hitting anything crouching), this new dust will retain the wall splat if is applied in the corner?

Is it only the PS3 version that lags on some stages during netplay(and versus too possibly)? PS4 to PS4 can play any stage online?

Except that you're spending 75% meter in total, and it doesn't guarantee anything. Additionally, it only works on whiff, so if someone was baiting and trying to just block, you get nothing, or if you have 100% meter you get red RC, which is great, except you just used 100% meter.

On the ones that aren't 0 frame, you can just mash out the YRC the instant second you see them not doing anything; see, tyrant rave yrc wild throw earlier. If you abuse it too much they can try to punish you during the YRC start up frames but the YRC itself in unreactable, and once you're in the slowdown you're stuck blocking or trying for a reversal throw. Maybe you can go for your own DP, but IDK my character doesn't have a reversal at all.

With how many reversal supers are also + on block, I don't like it because it makes so that even if you had a confident enough read to back off and you were right, it still becomes unpunishable. They're out 75 meter, but you get so much in Guilty that you can afford to yolo 50 out into a reversal, and then spend 25 more to reset to neutral instead.

On the ones that aren't 0 frame, you can just mash out the YRC the instant second you see them not doing anything; see, tyrant rave yrc wild throw earlier. If you abuse it too much they can try to punish you during the YRC start up frames but the YRC itself in unreactable, and once you're in the slowdown you're stuck blocking or trying for a reversal throw. Maybe you can go for your own DP, but IDK my character doesn't have a reversal at all.

That might work if you have godlike reaction speed, but to visually verify after the cutscene that the other person didn't do anything and THEN YRC without the attack actually connecting seems pretty unlikely. Not to mention that even if you did it right, all you get is a scaled Wild Throw combo for 75% meter. I know that conceptually it sounds really good, but Sol is so reliant on meter that this cannot be called a no-risk play.

Any idea if they will mess with chars again? like dunno, Elphelt and her obnoxious (and most of the time inexistent) hurtbox?, Potemkin no being lame so hard?(I'm still butthurt about 5p no hitting anything crouching), this new dust will retain the wall splat if is applied in the corner?

Corner dust does wall splat in the 2nd location test.

With how many reversal supers are also + on block, I don't like it because it makes so that even if you had a confident enough read to back off and you were right, it still becomes unpunishable. They're out 75 meter, but you get so much in Guilty that you can afford to yolo 50 out into a reversal, and then spend 25 more to reset to neutral instead.

The only two characters with reversal supers that are + on block are I-no and Bedman. Potemkin has Giganter, which is 0 on block. Is this really that big of an issue?

You may think you can just YOLO blow meter, but as you get better, you're not gonna have those opportunities as often.

Away from topic: If this YRC Super stuff is such a big deal I'd would've expected to see it more (well, at all). I'm inclined to believe that if you're getting so often burned by someone spending 75% meter to either reset their pressure or mix you up then you've probably got bigger problems. I'm sure most of us would be glad to help you plug the holes in your game.

BacK on topic: Second location test has been pretty quiet. I take it that it was mostly adjustments to new characters? Evo's around the corner too, does anyone know what the registration numbers are looking like? It's an ArcRev qualifier too, should be some big names.

I'm not steady on JP news but are they seeing Elphelt's hit+hurtboxes as silly too, even post patch?

I've got a gameplat related question: How do you play in a way that is conservative but still trying to control the opp and take adv of situations? I find it REALLY hard to control people who just go nuts with rushdown and keep attacking. It might be because I am not a high lv player but I do want to get there eventually. Any ideas?

It's not even a matter of getting burned, I've only seen it used a couple of times outside of flat out whiffs, I mostly just really intensely disagree with being able to spend that meter on a whiffed reversal to make it safe. Yeah, now I'm back at neutral with a meter advantage as Venom, which is honestly a really good place to be, but it's still annoying and I hate it.

The only two characters with reversal supers that are + on block are I-no and Bedman. Potemkin has Giganter, which is 0 on block. Is this really that big of an issue?

I fight a lot of these guys, so that might tilt my POV a lot. I felt like it was much more than that.

Stick hitboxes in their faces. If they run straight at you, do something like 6H/f.S/2D/stinger aim. If they jump at you, 2H/6P. You need to make them respect the angles Venom is good at covering.

So ggxrd is free?

Can i make a fake account on

ps4 to get it ?

Ps. So since its free.. that pertty much says revelator will be a full disc release ..

If you have PS+ and a Japanese account then yes it's free, and of course Revelator will be a full disc as ASW doesn't do upgrades like Capcom does.

Venom

Well of course they will rush you down since they don't want to end up being in your pace.

Throwing blitz shield sometimes

And poking with both f.S and 6HS.

Would make them approach you more carefully.