Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Venom

Without seeing how you actually play, I'm gonna guess the problem is too many balls, not enough normals. You've got to create space with your buttons to get the room to keep balls going.

If you have PS+ and a Japanese account then yes it's free, and of course Revelator will be a full disc as ASW doesn't do upgrades like Capcom does.

Unless there's actual confirmation on this (unlikely since the arcade version hasn't even been released yet) you probably shouldn't say things like that, for the benefit of the new/inexperienced players who don't know any better and take what's posted on here as fact.

Unless there's actual confirmation on this (unlikely since the arcade version hasn't even been released yet) you probably shouldn't say things like that, for the benefit of the new/inexperienced players who don't know any better and take what's posted on here as fact.

You have to be a fool if you even consider the possibility of Revelator being DLC and not a new disc. It has almost all the hallmarks of a "new game" for ASW; a new HUD, a new character select screen, a new story, new system mechanics, new characters. They've even upgraded the visuals of the game.

Needs to be e more chars minimum. 4 chars I'd be ok w new game......though I'm gonna buy it anyways..

Remember how many characters were added in AC?

Remember how many characters were added in AC?

That's a fair rebuttal but people outside of Japan were probably not phased since they didn't get Slash.

That's a fair rebuttal but people outside of Japan were probably not phased since they didn't get Slash.

Even then, Slash added just as many characters as Revelator.

Although you could argue that ac already has a big rooster of character that adding more was just the icing. We did get an entire new mechanic with FB which was actually fun and very useful. And various characters got additional moves rather tweaking of frame data or property.

I have never understood why people always say they want more characters. Like nigga you ain't about to play all the new characters anyways

I have never understood why people always say they want more characters. Like nigga you ain't about to play all the new characters anyways

I want new characters because there's nobody I want to play on the roster right now.  GG's cast bores me too much, I need some flavor!

People want their old mains to return, I don't think it's that strange. I never found a character I really enjoyed playing in -SIGN- so I'm all for more characters.

I think a mere two new characters is a bit underwhelming. Not counting future DLC, I personally hope they add two more characters in addition to Johnny and Jack-O', for the console release.

I want new characters because there's nobody I want to play on the roster right now. GG's cast bores me too much, I need some flavor!

Just play Ramlethal. Full of flavor! Chocolate deliciousness to be exact =)

People want their old mains to return, I don't think it's that strange. I never found a character I really enjoyed playing in -SIGN- so I'm all for more characters.

I think a mere two new characters is a bit underwhelming. Not counting future DLC, I personally hope they add two more characters in addition to Johnny and Jack-O', for the console release.

This is true. I would like to see baiken and zappa return. Tho I am able to play a good portion of the cast. I like i-no (which is who I am maining now) but want my Olds back lol.

I'm sure the will be changed based on this returns to reload standpoint. The only chars that I really can recall were added to ac was kliff and justice, but they were in the previous as well. But the roster was alot bigger as well

Because if people didn't get to constantly complain about Xrd's cast; no one would ever even post in this thread.

Without seeing how you actually play, I'm gonna guess the problem is too many balls, not enough normals. You've got to create space with your buttons to get the room to keep balls going.

Yeah that's probably it, for example there are some nutty Ky players who rush me down and I have troubles creating space for summoning since he's on my face the whole time

Honestly, the hardest part of Venom, mentally speaking, is finding the right balance between ball sets and creating space for ball sets. That balance changes from matchup to matchup too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't feel frustrated, it's a struggle that every Venom has to work through and it can be a long process.

I want new characters because there's nobody I want to play on the roster right now.  GG's cast bores me too much, I need some flavor!

I will never understand people who think Venom isn't rad as hell.

I pick who I want I do what I want in GG, viable or not, whether I'm good or not.

If GG was only about picking one character you wouldn't have "character select" you'd have *cue announcer voice* 
YOU'RE STUCK WITH THIS CHARACTER!

Play pong if you only care about one character, man...

As far as blowing Tension goes, the trick is to only blow tension when you think it'll count towards something.  Gotta read the signals of the match to do that.

As for a "New Full Disc" for Revelator... that's up to ARC, they've done patch updates before, and Accent Core Plus technically counts as an "Append patch" as it came as an add-on disc at a lower price than the original disc.

Seeing as they released this as a Digital Game and not just a Disc... we could see it in many forms.  Maybe as a Digital Add-on for a price.

And don't forget, a lot of content on GGXrd's disc was unused, so they planned on using it for SOMETHING.  To say nothing of what they plan to do about adding information content for Database Library Mode.

Honestly, the hardest part of Venom, mentally speaking, is finding the right balance between ball sets and creating space for ball sets. That balance changes from matchup to matchup too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't feel frustrated, it's a struggle that every Venom has to work through and it can be a long process.

I will never understand people who think Venom isn't the rad as hell.

Venom was my character before Xrd but I dunno, I guess I don't feel him like I did in the Reload days.

I pick who I want I do what I want in GG, viable or not, whether I'm good or not.

If GG was only about picking one character you wouldn't have "character select" you'd have *cue announcer voice*

YOU'RE STUCK WITH THIS CHARACTER!

Play pong if you only care about one character, man...

As far as blowing Tension goes, the trick is to only blow tension when you think it'll count towards something. Gotta read the signals of the match to do that.

As for a "New Full Disc" for Revelator... that's up to ARC, they've done patch updates before, and Accent Core Plus technically counts as an "Append patch" as it came as an add-on disc at a lower price than the original disc.

Seeing as they released this as a Digital Game and not just a Disc... we could see it in many forms. Maybe as a Digital Add-on for a price.

And don't forget, a lot of content on GGXrd's disc was unused, so they planned on using it for SOMETHING. To say nothing of what they plan to do about adding information content for Database Library Mode.

Read signals. Fucking pro

Look at it this way, if the other guy has 100% Tension and I have 75%, I am less likely going to use a gutsy move or take risks than if he had an empty meter or empty Burst.

Likewise, if he's smart he'd be cautious around me and how I spend Tension.

Most of the time it depends on what they use Tension for on a regular basis, depending on their character and style, not to mention how the match is going.

Some use it for YRCs all day, some use it for PRCs or even RCs, others actually USE it for Overdrives and Reversals/Hellfire.

That's also why it's a good idea to train for situations when you DO get Gold Bursted.

And now that there's even MORE ways to spend Tension AND Burst, people's styles will really differ.

ArcSys said multiple times that only a fraction of ACs roster will end up making a comeback. This also makes sense. If they port everyone then the default roster is at 30+. How do you sell expansions for that? How are you supposed to properly balance 40+ characters? How is the series supposed to evolve/develop if you just copy paste everything? And if you port 50/60/70/80/90% of them, who do you leave out? The cut had to be made somewhere. People would bitch no matter what. They really need to understand that this is supposed to be a revamp of the series. Not just a HD version.

Want to play the old AC characters? Then fire up AC and play them. The game didnt suddenly vanish. The game has been out for more than 6 months. Pretty dumb to still complain about 'muh main is missing' especially after having seen how much they reworked Johnny. Who says that these people would even like the Xrd version of 'their main'?

Well nobody (I hope) is saying bring the WHOLE AC cast back.  The thing is, everyone wants THEIR character back, and considering that everyone in the playerbase has different preferences that means someone is inevitably going to be disappointed.  

ArcSys said multiple times that only a fraction of ACs roster will end up making a comeback.

Uhh, what? Most sources I remember say that Ishiwatari would like to make all the characters come back over time. And why wouldn't he, really?