Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

4am. And I'm guess the y will drop 1 more char and a console release date this year . (far fetched yup, but u never know lol)

4am. And I'm guess the y will drop 1 more char and a console release date this year . (far fetched yup, but u never know lol)

4AM JST? EST? And, I do expect a character, not sure about console date.

People expect a console announcement when the arcade version hasn't even come out yet?  Do yall really not know how this works by now?  The announcement is going to be X2 getting yet another revision, Accent Core +RR, and this time they're going to retroactively add danger time and an edition select so you can play vanilla X2, Reload, Slash, AC or + characters.  Oh yeah.

I'm thinking it'll be more than just a character reveal.  I think they got a few extra things up their sleeves they want to mention.

That said, there's also "lots" of evidence to suggest Dizzy may make the cut (not to mention the tweet about how far along Baiken is coming).  I heard there were unused winquotes in Xrd 1.0 that assumed characters were fighting Jam and Dizzy anyway.

On a topic on Eventhubs, one of their employees was acting as if Dizzy would be revealed very soon. The day Jam got announced, someone said something about not liking "that trash Dizzy" or something like that, and the employee responded with something along the lines of "you won't like what's next then".

4AM JST? EST? And, I do expect a character, not sure about console date.

Per SRK: All of the festivities will be broadcast through Niconico Live beginning on August 24 at 4 AM PDT, 7 AM EDT.

On a topic on Eventhubs, one of their employees was acting as if Dizzy would be revealed very soon. The day Jam got announced, someone said something about not liking "that trash Dizzy" or something like that, and the employee responded with something along the lines of "you won't like what's next then".

Source

EDIT: Nvm here it is (http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/aug/15/jam-announced-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-releases-august-25th-arcades/#c842646)

He's an Eventhubs writer, NOT an Arcsys employee.

Edited by Poultrygeist

Regardless we'll find out if that man spoke the truth or not in 8 more hours or so.

To be perfectly honest though, I'm more eager to see Jam videos on Youtube soon!  Maybe some arcade story videos too.

Thanks to Cleverfoxsol, he's streaming the nico live on twitch now! I'm going to be hype!

No sound?

EDIT: Nevermind, it just came on now.

Edited by This Man

Did Bedman just successfully backdash out of Fafnir at point blank?  Shouldn't it have caught him out of that?  Surely they didn't cut the range down on the move, there's no way...no balance changes and all.

Thanks to Cleverfoxsol, he's streaming the nico live on twitch now! I'm going to be hype!

I would appreciate it more if he stay quiet.

I cannot believe how amazing the new lighting looks. And that new arena stage is sooo nice - goes very well with the other stage colors now. 

There's some weird stuff people are noticing about the game (like Sol doing a corner-crossup http://gfycat.com/ClutteredRequiredAntarcticgiantpetrel ) and it seems overall really, hype. Did they specify when will "the announcement" come? 

They just had a competent Jack-O on stream. Boy does she look annoying lol. Can't wait to see more!

I wish I could share that enthusiasm, Revelator to me so far has just been one massive disappointment : / I guess I feel happy for the guys who only care about getting their characters back, but to me the fact that they didn't adjust the gameplay just makes me sad.  I don't know if saying that is considered trolling or not.

I wish I could share that enthusiasm, Revelator to me so far has just been one massive disappointment : / I guess I feel happy for the guys who only care about getting their characters back, but to me the fact that they didn't adjust the gameplay just makes me sad.  I don't know if saying that is considered trolling or not.

No. I feel the same way. How can you have a new version of a game and not adjust gameplay so that every character gets closer to the equator of balance? You would want every character to see around the same frequency of use in your game. Some characters are still missing that 'something' to get them more use in current tournaments. High tiers can be adjusted to need more risk-taking to succeed. Who wants to spend $40-60 for JUST for 2-3 extra characters and some extra story? I also expected the removal Danger Time with it's randomness and momentum-killing attributes. Without changes in balance, there's really not much that's going to change matchups.

Edited by solidscheme

While I fully respect your disappointment with the lack of changes, not changing the matchups etc. was 100% on purpose by Arc. 1.1 is still somewhat fresh, so I'm glad they're not jumping the gun and changing everything already. I expect a fully fledged balance patch when they drop Jam or maybe the console version. At this point there's no use balancing the game that has not been fully tested, at least let Johnny and Jack-O' sink in before they tweak the others around. 

Edited by LockedAndClush

While I fully respect your disappointment with the lack of changes, not changing the matchups etc. was 100% on purpose by Arc. 1.1 is still somewhat fresh, so I'm glad they're not jumping the gun and changing everything already. I expect a fully fledged balance patch when they drop Jam or maybe the console version. At this point there's no use balancing the game that has not been fully tested, at least let Johnny and Jack-O' sink in before they tweak the others around. 

Hopefully that patch comes before releasing the console version so the game doesn't get stuck on store shelves. It's going to be hard playing the outdated version with Revelator now being played. I'll tell ya, they are horrible at keeping their international community together.