Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I wonder if anyone has links to all the new colors for each character? I keep seeing a handful pop up here and there and would at least like to be able to see what new colors Sol got.

Very surprised to see Raven on the list.

Didn't he already have an in game model?

I was thinking the same thing. I def would of thought he would of been playable by console release. 

As far as the voting goes, the def added people I did not expect..still hoping for old chars though..I see bridget being up there..but Dr. Paradigm. .I think he might take it....Maybe arc will surprise us w a couple releases :)

Actually most of the people here who already have their characters want to vote HOS because they used to sub him.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This is great, glad to see HOS has a solid chance of being added.

About the Raven talk: I'm under the impression the character who wins this poll will be made playable in the arcade version. If a character on the list is possibly also planned for being added in console release, that character winning the poll will probably just fast-track their development time. There's also the possibility that Team Red uses the voting data from the poll to map out their plans for future character additions, though I think that's unlikely. They could even hold a second poll later on if this one is enough of a success.

Just to mention, Fanny had a fanbase back in the GGX years as I recall.

Her fighting style was an expy of Faust's but, if they did add her to the list, she'd probably have to get a new style from the ground up.

Unfortunate that Tyr and Mizuha didn't make the list.  Tyr would've been badass, since he nullifies magic and is all about absorbing projectiles in to making a big one of his own.

Judgement too, even though he died (heck, we might as well include all dead characters what with this resurrection gimmick Justice is on).

Edit: Do you guys know if Burst works with only "some" Overdrives, or all of them?

I'm just wondering what would happen if Sol used his "Burst" while activating Dragon Install for example?  Or what would happen to Bedman's Hemi Jack?

Edited by Blade

I cannot seem to see the voting polls. When does it start exactly? I'm hoping to see Order Sol receiving love.

Would be dope to see Sanma and Inoue have their main again.

I am absolutely flummoxed by the number of people here and on twitter who want Order Sol. The Dizzy/Baiken fan clubs are going to lose their god damn minds when their waifus get the shaft so another version of Sol can be in the game.

Yes I know they play differently.

Edited by 9:02 PM

I am absolutely flummoxed by the number of people here and on twitter who want Order Sol. The Dizzy/Baiken fan clubs are going to lose their god damn minds when their waifus get the shaft so another version of Sol can be in the game.

Yes I know they play differently.

How many of those people are actually capable of voting though.

How many of those people are actually capable of voting though.

JP twitter is talking a lot about HOS; Kazunoko tweeted asking people to vote for HOS, and Ogawa tweeted he wants HOS to be in so Kazunoko has his old main in the game.Hopefully celebrity endorsement is not as important in video game character elections as it is in political elections.

JP twitter is talking a lot about HOS; Kazunoko tweeted asking people to vote for HOS, and Ogawa tweeted he wants HOS to be in so Kazunoko has his old main in the game.Hopefully celebrity endorsement is not as important in video game character elections as it is in political elections.

While I don't have any hopes of seeing Testament win, I do hope HOS doesn't make it. Sure the design is good and his gameplay style is much different from Sol, but it's still a revamped old character when we have so many individuals that are missing from the roster.

About the Raven talk: I'm under the impression the character who wins this poll will be made playable in the arcade version. If a character on the list is possibly also planned for being added in console release, that character winning the poll will probably just fast-track their development time. There's also the possibility that Team Red uses the voting data from the poll to map out their plans for future character additions, though I think that's unlikely. They could even hold a second poll later on if this one is enough of a success.

I think you're onto something here. It is rather odd to see Raven is on the list considering the chances of him getting a spot in the game (console version) seemed pretty freakin' high already. I mean, he does have that in-game model and everything. I was wondering what implications this list had for the plot, too, because like, are they just gonna whip up a quick story for the character(s?) that win(s), or...? Although, as someone brought up a while ago, if Kliff and Justice are anything to go by, then fuck story, lol.

Glad to see my nigga Anji make the list, though. It would make sense if he won, but I dunno how big of a fanbase he has or whatever.

I would much rather see some characters with different/interesting playstyles get priority, such as Testament/Dizzy/Anji/Zappa, but I get the feeling that HOS is going to have a lot of people behind it (And possibly Robo-ky?) - I guess we can just hope that HOS doesn't take that long to make since they already have Sol in the game :v:

Did I come to Smashboards by mistake, because otherwise I have no idea why HOS being the same entity as Sol is even remotely an issue when he's an extremely unique character even by GG standards.  None of you would be bitching if he wasn't the same entity as Sol.  I don't play him and I probably never will but come the hell on...

None of you would be bitching if he wasn't the same entity as Sol.  I don't play him and I probably never will but come the hell on...

That's the point...

While gameplay variety is the most important, I don't think we can shove visual variety aside. Besides, HOS, while unique, is still a "get in and rape" type of character, we have enough of those for now.

Edited by GKHiryu

Well I mean, HOS is an ALTERNATE version of Sol, so is he really any different than all the Valentines we have running around?  If he looked different like had his hair loose instead of a ponytail or something would that make him easier to stomach?  

I don't really have a problem with HOS on his own, what I more have a problem with is because it's a popularity contest, we're less likely to get some of the characters that have a more interesting playstyle (imo) than HOS does.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what I think though since I don't have the ability to influence the vote, I'm just sat here hoping.

Well I mean, HOS is an ALTERNATE version of Sol, so is he really any different than all the Valentines we have running around?  If he looked different like had his hair loose instead of a ponytail or something would that make him easier to stomach?  

Let me answer like this.

I don't have a problem with HOS. I would have a problem with getting second Sol while we still don't even have the full cast from The Missing Link in Xrd.