Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I bet the developers really want Order Sol to win, much more comfortable to take Sol, modify him a little and bam! new character...instead of creating someone from 0

But i don´t think just 2 people in twitter saying stuff will make people vote him in masse, don´t see someone like order sol having that much of a chance VS the likes of Dizzy or bridget (not only top players are going to play this game, seems obvious some otakus will be motivated to spend quite a bit of money even if it´s just for completing arcade mode to get votes for their waifus, and these guys usually have large incomes)

Edited by ivanchu77

I bet the developers really want Order Sol to win, much more comfortable to take Sol, modify him a little and bam! new character...instead of creating someone from 0

I wouldn't be so sure. Whatever my opinion on HOS may be, he's a very different character from Sol. Sure they might be able to reuse some assets, but with a whole movelist being different there's not that much to work with. Also, seeing how they basically only have the same head I'm pretty sure ASW would have to create HOS model from the scratch.

I wouldn't be so sure. Whatever my opinion on HOS may be, he's a very different character from Sol. Sure they might be able to reuse some assets, but with a whole movelist being different there's not that much to work with. Also, seeing how they basically only have the same head I'm pretty sure ASW would have to create HOS model from the scratch.

Rigging is expensive. Being able to use the same rig and a lot of the overall looks would inevitably help keep costs down. Not as much as for SF4 or MK or something, but still.

They share alot of the normals Animations
Also some moves but he will be changed a lot since Sol inherited alot of his stuff in Xrd.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Allright, I think I get why Focus-Blitz is a thing now. I've always lamented how 2D fighters seem to rarely adopt delayable attacks/normals into their base systems. Outside May, AFAIK, no one in the Xrd cast has a delayable normal. I think, ArcSys, witnessing the ostensible evolution of the Blitz meta, actualized Focus-Blitz to specifically deal with Reverse-Blitz attempts. They're just taking their SoulCalibur inspiration a step further. Through this lens, Focus-Blitz actually makes sense and is a worthwhile addition. 

I'd prefer delay-able normals for the whole cast, though. I'm probably the only one. 

-Kimosabae AKA Fertile Meniscus 

Allright, I think I get why Focus-Blitz is a thing now. I've always lamented how 2D fighters seem to rarely adopt delayable attacks/normals into their base systems. Outside May, AFAIK, no one in the Xrd cast has a delayable normal. I think, ArcSys, witnessing the ostensible evolution of the Blitz meta, actualized Focus-Blitz to specifically deal with Reverse-Blitz attempts. They're just taking their SoulCalibur inspiration a step further. Through this lens, Focus-Blitz actually makes sense and is a worthwhile addition. 

I'd prefer delay-able normals for the whole cast, though. I'm probably the only one. 

-Kimosabae AKA Fertile Meniscus 

To be fair they could just accomplish this by increasing the cancel window of a lot of moves. Which would be nice.  

Edited by ChaseRLewis

how long till the voting closes anybody know??

Side note..as far as the dustloop update went, since it was updated I find myself goin to the next page and having to refresh my page just to get the comments to come up...not sure if anyone else is having that problem or not

Edited by youcanwonder
bc

i've experienced that bug too, not much i can do other than wait for the software to release a new patch and fix it, sorry.

Given how much pressure Jack-O's servants do to you at level 3, I don't think players could live without a charged Blitzshield under all that short of a DP like Sol has.  Will be interesting to see more players use it (i.e. Bedman, Ky, Potemkin, etc).

Still unfortunate that stuff like Sacred Edge and Hemi Jack can't be Burst enhanced.

And yeah, I'd love to see the new colors for everyone, they look a lot better than the first batch, aside from the Tron color DLCs (and Christmas colors only stay interesting once a year to be honest).  Chipp could certainly stand to get some good colors imho.

Also, seeing I-No in her new jacket+shades makes me hope everyone gets an alternate costume at some point... Sol can't wear short sleeves forever (man I miss his GG2 Jacket).

To be fair they could just accomplish this by increasing the cancel window of a lot of moves. Which would be nice.  

Wouldn't accomplish the same thing, though. That would require putting the opponent in blockstun or hitstun first. 

- Kimosabae 

Given how much pressure Jack-O's servants do to you at level 3, I don't think players could live without a charged Blitzshield under all that short of a DP like Sol has.  Will be interesting to see more players use it (i.e. Bedman, Ky, Potemkin, etc).

Still unfortunate that stuff like Sacred Edge and Hemi Jack can't be Burst enhanced.

And yeah, I'd love to see the new colors for everyone, they look a lot better than the first batch, aside from the Tron color DLCs (and Christmas colors only stay interesting once a year to be honest).  Chipp could certainly stand to get some good colors imho.

Also, seeing I-No in her new jacket+shades makes me hope everyone gets an alternate costume at some point... Sol can't wear short sleeves forever (man I miss his GG2 Jacket).

It the same jacket of Order Sol?

Worth noting that charge blitz auto-corrects against cross-ups. I had assumed cross-ups would be one of the counters to charge blitz when it was first being reported, but I guess you really have to throw it or super. Check out ~17:50 in this vid. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27032195

None of you would be bitching if he wasn't the same entity as Sol. 

Yeah well... He is, hence the bitching.

i've experienced that bug too, not much i can do other than wait for the software to release a new patch and fix it, sorry.

No biggie just wanted make sure i wasnt  the only one lol. Thanks for  updating tho

Worth noting that charge blitz auto-corrects against cross-ups. I had assumed cross-ups would be one of the counters to charge blitz when it was first being reported, but I guess you really have to throw it or super. Check out ~17:50 in this vid. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27032195

this made me sad...reminded me of street fighter IV auto-corrects :(

I-No has a new outfit?

New blitz doesn't give invincibility when used against projectiles, correct? If that's the case, projectile oki actually gets strengthened by the new system, especially single hit projectiles like Gun Flame.

New blitz doesn't give invincibility when used against projectiles, correct? If that's the case, projectile oki actually gets strengthened by the new system, especially single hit projectiles like Gun Flame.

You blitz again for free (no extra meter required) every time you blitz a projectile. So projectile oki actually got heavily nerfed, sad for Ky players like me :(

Yeah well... He is, hence the bitching.

in case anyone doesnt wanna wait on nico loading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8KcXdsRoRM&feature=youtu.be

You blitz again for free (no extra meter required) every time you blitz a projectile. So projectile oki actually got heavily nerfed, sad for Ky players like me :(

I think it will turn into more of a pas de deux than that. If you do like CSE YRC through a grinder, they'll have to blitz on wake-up, so if you're diligent and are looking out for it you should be able to just punish them in one of the ways that beats it. They should be forced to blitz through the whole thing, I don't think they can blitz one hit and charge right through the beam with the attack portion. Will probably play out similarly against Mawaru or other really active oki tools.

I was thinking specifically of things like Sol's GF YRC oki, especially in the corner. If you do the setup for the corner crossup, but then normal jump instead of IADing, you don't get rejected if the opponent uses Blitz, and since Blitz no longer has invincibility, you can just land and do Wild Throw to punish.

For multi-hit oki like Ky's CSE, you can probably do a high/low 50/50 from further away (max range sweep or Dust), or just wait for them to finish Blitzing the entire projectile and then run up throw.

EDIT: Just watched that video, note the end where Slayer gets CH out of the fully charged Blitz attack. So that's another option, since they lose the Blitz hitbox once they release the attack.

Has this been posted yet? Xrd framerate stage comparison on PS3:

So basically his conclusions were:

Lightest: Japan
Light: Central Organ Tower, Royal Court, Babylon in Five Years, Colony
Heavy:
 Arena, Illyria Castle, 5th Skywalk, Nightmare Theater
Heavy in the beginning: Edinburgh, MagicalPolis

All the rest is a little bit worse than "light".