Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Shoryuken has set up its own poll: http://shoryuken.com/2015/09/04/shoryuken-poll-who-should-join-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-s-cast

As of the beginning of this writing 1,585 people voted, with top seven: 

1. Baiken - 352 votes, 22%
  2. Dizzy - 195 votes, 12%
  3. Zappa - 134 votes, 8%
  4. ABA - 132 votes, 8%
  5. Bridget - 117 votes, 7%
  6. Testament - 115 votes, 7%
  7. Holy Order Sol - 101 votes, 6%

My own pick, Justice is at 38 votes, 2%.

Edited by shinr

Of course it's not the official one. The official one would have votes in the hundreds of thousands.

It's too bad they didn't set up a voting system for vanilla Xrd online, instead of just featuring it in the Arcades only, it would certainly have been more accurate to what people want (though to be honest I'm sick of all the Waifu voters, GG isn't just about hot chicks with boobs... the 'triumvirate' of fanart being Dizzy, Baiken, and Millia usually).

I just wish voters would vote not based on "appearance" but also gameplay potential and story potential...

Well, anyway... despite her being "Fanservice", I haven't seen Jack-O's Story Episode (with English subtitles) yet... does anyone have a link to it on Youtube?

It's too bad they didn't set up a voting system for vanilla Xrd online, instead of just featuring it in the Arcades only, it would certainly have been more accurate to what people want (though to be honest I'm sick of all the Waifu voters, GG isn't just about hot chicks with boobs... the 'triumvirate' of fanart being Dizzy, Baiken, and Millia usually).

I just wish voters would vote not based on "appearance" but also gameplay potential and story potential...

Well, anyway... despite her being "Fanservice", I haven't seen Jack-O's Story Episode (with English subtitles) yet... does anyone have a link to it on Youtube?

To be fair Millia has more normal porportions in comparison to the other female characters and isn't showing any skin whatsoever in Xrd. Well, depending on what colour you pick.

Also here's Jack-O's Episode Intro.

And for sure I thought Bridget would be up there on top. Maybe in the actual poll though...*shudder*

Edited by swordsman09

I really hope Japan makes the right decision and brings back Bridget! #NoBridgetNoBuy

just bc u char is notin the game doesn't mean u should not support the game.Learn a new char and support the developers. ..smh...its not like there isn't a good amount of chars to select from that would benefit w ur style of play...or even who knows u might find a new main..I mean after all that's how u main w bridget bc u tried him out

If you played Bridget before you have like 4 characters who have at least something in common with him.  It's not a perfect comparison but you do have Axl who has similar long ranged moves, and you have Bedman who has DV which works very vaguely similar to Roger.

I'm surprised by how much NA loves ABA. Not many people play her at all, her subforum's been dead since forever. Same for Zappa.

I'm also astonished by how little love HOS's got around here, wow!

To be honest, I don't see Bridget winning, unless all of the people that want her aka the people who don't play game go vote, then yea, HOS or Baiken will win, and even then, HOS is a better character :^) 

I want Baiken to win if Bridget has no chance. Or literally anyone that isn't an alternate version of a character already in the game.

They don't even play the same, come on now...

Anyone else feels Jack'O's playstyle a month from now and neutral will be very obnoxious? Or is it just me, I still don't quite get those Angry Birds Angels and how they work or even what cause them to explode randomly,a dn they seem to level up in exp thrughout the round.

But it already looks like she'll be a very difficult character ot approach, especially if you don't have zoning tools fo your own.

Anyone else feels Jack'O's playstyle a month from now and neutral will be very obnoxious? Or is it just me, I still don't quite get those Angry Birds Angels and how they work or even what cause them to explode randomly,a dn they seem to level up in exp thrughout the round.

But it already looks like she'll be a very difficult character ot approach, especially if you don't have zoning tools fo your own.

I find it SUPER obnoxious. Just the idea sounds ridiculous to me. I can imagine at least four little demon things out at once with some more spawning. We'll see how it turns out in the long run.

They don't even play the same, come on now...

They don't, and I know that, because I actually like Order Sol. But, I don't want him in. Not when we're missing so many characters that are actually separate people.

Welp, sorry guys but it's time to cut Ramlethal, Elphelt and Jack-O because they're all alternate versions of Aria.  Looks like we can't have Dizzy either.  We're stuck with Justice forever, RIP.

Welp, sorry guys but it's time to cut Ramlethal, Elphelt and Jack-O because they're all alternate versions of Aria.  Looks like we can't have Dizzy either.  We're stuck with Justice forever, RIP.

All of them are actually separate people that originate from Aria. It's closer to Ky and Sin than to Sol and HOS.

I don't mind Order-Sol, but I'd rather see them bring back someone else. Not because he's another Sol, but because there are characters with more unique playstyles not represented in Xrd so far. Zappa, A.B.A, Baiken and Testament are examples of characters that I think would diversify Xrd's character roster more from a gameplay perspective. Sure, Order-Sol have a few things that makes him unique, but his charge gauge is still not all that different from Sin's food mechanic and he still shares some similarities with regular Sol. To me it also feels like Xrd has enough fast, offensive rushdown characters like Order-Sol. In reality though, I think we can expect either Dizzy, Bridget, Order-Sol, or Baiken. But in the end I won't complain no matter who is chosen.

Edited by SQNR

If you played Bridget before you have like 4 characters who have at least something in common with him.  It's not a perfect comparison but you do have Axl who has similar long ranged moves, and you have Bedman who has DV which works very vaguely similar to Roger.

While I do agree that Bedman is similar to Bridget to some extend, unlike Axl Bridget is not a character that is able to win with just making use of his long range normals, he always needs to get a knockdown and have a yoyo to make them think twice before doing anything reckless, while Axl is a character that even if he has no "extra help", in the right hands he can win a match without letting anyone get close to him from beginning to end.

I want Baiken to win if Bridget has no chance. Or literally anyone that isn't an alternate version of a character already in the game.

giphy.gif

Edited by Hecatom

They don't, and I know that, because I actually like Order Sol. But, I don't want him in. Not when we're missing so many characters that are actually separate people.

I'm not even sure what to respond. Clearly, you do not remotely like him as much as you'd like us to believe.

Spot on... :o:lol:

I don't mind Order-Sol, but I'd rather see them bring back someone else. Not because he's another Sol, but because there are characters with more unique playstyles not represented in Xrd so far. Zappa, A.B.A, Baiken and Testament are examples of characters that I think would diversify Xrd's character roster more from a gameplay perspective. Sure, Order-Sol have a few things that makes him unique, but his charge gauge is still not all that different from Sin's food mechanic and he still shares some similarities with regular Sol. To me it also feels like Xrd has enough fast, offensive rushdown characters like Order-Sol. In reality though, I think we can expect either Dizzy, Bridget, Order-Sol, or Baiken. But in the end I won't complain no matter who is chosen.

How is A.B.A any more special? She's crap in her normal mode and is a sitting duck. When she turns into Moroha Mode, she's an offensive freak. How's that any more "different" than Order Sol?

I used to think Order Sol's charge gauge was similar to Sin's food meter before Xrd dropped. They don't work the same, and don't have the same purpose.

I find y'all have petty reasons for hatin' on Order Sol. Before trial polls came out, everybody was wishing for Order Sol. Now that he hit 1st, oooh people need to act like proper hipsters.

Real talk, the way I see it, just vouch for the character you want instead of giving petty reasons you don't want x and y in.

Saying that his "playstyle isn't different enough" of the rest of the XRD cast is mad BS if you compare most of the other popular candidates aside from Baiken, who truly has a different playstyle considering her defensive nature.