Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Hopefully with the week off of Dustloop; people's anger of their main not getting in will have calmed down a bit.

To be honest I did want to see all the salty comments and I should feel bad about it lol 

Everyone and their mothers surely know it already, but just in case.....

Official results of the popularity poll: waifus won, dudebros cry

2nA7wkg.jpg

All the characters are coming anyway. We're just getting Dizzy first.

Edited by Layer

Right, but, Dizzy was a lock for console Xrd Revelator, if not arcade already. Her winning the poll just means ASW can go "yay, we have to work on 1 less character, because the one who won was someone we were already working on!"

Yes, the other characters are coming eventually, like 6 games from now, but Dizzy was coming already this game, so all it did was bring her out faster instead of adding a character. Not a good trade.

Can someone tell me who tuner Is and background please. And since she can chamge forms...makes her like Shang Tsung lol. 

The voting seems like hos stood still but bridget dizzy n baiken rcvd the gang of votes....Baiken almost made it lol 

Also I was getting 500 error..was that everyone else's deal as well?

Edited by youcanwonder
error

Right, but, Dizzy was a lock for console Xrd Revelator, if not arcade already. Her winning the poll just means ASW can go "yay, we have to work on 1 less character, because the one who won was someone we were already working on!"

Yes, the other characters are coming eventually, like 6 games from now, but Dizzy was coming already this game, so all it did was bring her out faster instead of adding a character. Not a good trade.

"Dizzy will definitely be in Xrd guys, she's the most popular character!"

"Dizzy will definitely be in the console version of Xrd, they added Sin so why not?"

"Dizzy will definitely be a DLC character in Xrd, she's too popular!"

"Dizzy will definitely come after Johnny and whoever the shadow is!"

People need to stop saying this shit.  There's no guarantee that any character is ever "a lock" or any of this nonsense.  That's the kind of mentality that gets people threatening to boycott games whenever their main doesn't make it.  There are no foregone conclusions with fighting game rosters.

You're kidding right? Do you know how long it takes them to make a character? (6 months) If she comes out first the other characters will come quicker regardless. They're not going to reduce the character count in a port because of the poll. They clearly have a schedule in place on how many characters they can put into each version.

I was under the impression it was only 6 months per character when they started out and as they got used to the tools and the process it got reduced to about 2 and a half months.

I was under the impression it was only 6 months per character when they started out and as they got used to the tools and the process it got reduced to about 2 and a half months.

4 Months actually, the lead artist (?) called.... Something like Junya C. Motomura I think? stated this when he was asked about it at GDC 2015.

He also said that 4 months (2 for modeling, 2 for animation) was the common time when they started, and it's becoming faster as they get used to their tools just as you said.

Is a shame ASW is not bigger, or the games sell better to allow them to hire more people. 4 months for one character is a lot of time but they have a lot of stuff on their plate, resources must be pretty limited for GG.

Is a shame ASW is not bigger, or the games sell better to allow them to hire more people. 4 months for one character is a lot of time but they have a lot of stuff on their plate, resources must be pretty limited for GG.

You're right on that, if my memory does not fails me; I think he said that they have like 4 guys or so working on the characters, and each artist is asked to do a single one; It's more about workforce than money I guess.

I might be wrong since Junya seemed to get confused with what he was trying to compel and I can't recall everything he said through his conference 

Dynamic shading should speed up the character production process a little bit, that's why I think they did it. 

I feel really bad about HOS losing, but that's just because I'm afraid this was his last chance to make it. Yes, I know Daisuke said he wants all the characters back. But I feel like HOS (being just "another Sol" at some level) will be forgotten in this process. 

Not really mad about the top three from the polls.  Dizzy, Bridget, and Baiken will be good variety to the roster.

Now my one friend who complained that Dizzy wasn't playable will now be unable to contain his icicles.

Dynamic shading should speed up the character production process a little bit, that's why I think they did it. 

I feel really bad about HOS losing, but that's just because I'm afraid this was his last chance to make it. Yes, I know Daisuke said he wants all the characters back. But I feel like HOS (being just "another Sol" at some level) will be forgotten in this process. 

"Ishiwatari sir, it seems like a lot of players want Order Sol to be in Xrd, the top 4 were pretty close to each other, but the difference between fourth and fifth place is huge"

"LOL WHO CARES ABOHT cLONES FUCK HOS ALSO FUCK ROBOKY BECAUSE HE'S JUDT LIKE KY TOO LAMOO"

Edited by Mumm-Ra

"Dizzy will definitely be in Xrd guys, she's the most popular character!"

"Dizzy will definitely be in the console version of Xrd, they added Sin so why not?"

"Dizzy will definitely be a DLC character in Xrd, she's too popular!"

"Dizzy will definitely come after Johnny and whoever the shadow is!"

People need to stop saying this shit.  There's no guarantee that any character is ever "a lock" or any of this nonsense.

This this this, all of this. All of the people whining that she won the poll need to get over themselves.

With regards to how long it takes to make a character, Motomura (the 3D lead who spoke at this year's GDC) said that it varies. He initially started saying that it took around two months to make a model and two more to animate it, but went on to say that that actually wasn't universally true even when they started on the game. Since then, however, I have seen some stuff indicating that they're learning some stuff to be more efficient; Motomura even said on his Twitter account that he found out about some things done with Sunset Overdrive that apparently would've cut down on time with Xrd had they known about them at the time. I don't remember him talking too much about morphing animations, though, so I dunno if that's gotten easier for them, but that would obviously be a big deal with Dizzy, so hopefully they're better at it than when they were working on Sign.

Lol at the person ITT who thinks because dizzy got voted in, they would just put the art staff on paid version because she was a "freebie"

honestly i just wanted diz in the console version, this gaurentees that.

Here's to hoping that Testament being the gatekeeper will be added in next installment, or at worst the one after that.

Ah, I'm sorry. I could have sworn I read in the article about Johnny he took 6 months since they couldn't use the story mode model. The GDC talk would be a better source anyway.

Can someone tell me who tuner Is and background please. And since she can chamge forms...makes her like Shang Tsung lol. 

http://gear-project.tumblr.com/tagged/Tuner

Here's to hoping that Testament being the gatekeeper will be added in next installment, or at worst the one after that.

He might show up as a cameo in Revelator.  He seems to be keeping in contact with Johnny according to GGXrd's Library info on him.

I can only imagine the logic that story mode models could be used for a playable version...just seeing Johnny doing T-poses when they were testing his move-list.

As funny as this sounds, it tends to make for a good foreshadowing of how ARC wants to plan things.  And unlike what people were saying above about Dizzy being a possible "lock-in" or whatever (which is never guaranteed as said), at MOST it just indicates the character will eventually show up at some point.  Dr. Paradigm has been in the story for HOW long? and he hasn't been playable yet.  Same goes for "That Man".  Even Justice has been bobbled around but hasn't been playable either.

Still, like I said earlier, Dizzy is just the "chosen" character... there's still console characters to think about.

You've got a Story Mode character who probably unlocks after Story Mode clears (or is unlocked after spending a small fortune in World Dollars in-game currency, like Sin was).

And you've got your typical DLC characters... one of which will probably be a Pre-Order Bonus I'm betting.  Sure, it's a cash cow, but it's a well-thought-out bovine if you ask me.

And besides, we might even get yet another election after this one, and with Dizzy no longer on the ballot, that will be other characters' chance to shine.

If I had to say who I'm most looking forward to (besides Justice and "That Man"), it's probably Raven or maybe even Fanny just for kicks.

Oh DL is working now. 

So Dizzy [Ky's waifu/Sin's mommy] won in the end it seems. Guess Holy Order Sol fans who won the mid result either ran out of steam, failed to attract a lot of the bandwagon from low place voters, got cocky from winning the mid result, Dizzy and rest got more hungry, or simply a combination of all like I earlier brought up that possible scenario. 

Guess the playable Ky family is being expanded now with Ky, Sin, and now Dizzy. Needs Justice now. 

Ayyyyyyyyyyy my boy Anji got fifth which is cool. I really wasn't expecting that. But jeah good for Dizzy happy, 'gratz to the people who use her