Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm having trouble with the PS4 version of XRD. I just bought it from Amazon last week, confirmed that it's the USA version, and my PS4 download the 1.04 update that includes the balance changes, yet none of these updates are affecting my actual game. I'm playing as Slayer and my 2H is still the same 1.0 2H, nothing has changed. I'm using my same PSN from my PS3, could that be it? I don't know how to fix this and I'm pretty SOL by now.

8 hours ago, dwajio said:

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm having trouble with the PS4 version of XRD. I just bought it from Amazon last week, confirmed that it's the USA version, and my PS4 download the 1.04 update that includes the balance changes, yet none of these updates are affecting my actual game. I'm playing as Slayer and my 2H is still the same 1.0 2H, nothing has changed. I'm using my same PSN from my PS3, could that be it? I don't know how to fix this and I'm pretty SOL by now.

It's version 1.05 that has the balance changes.

My thoughts on Jam/Dizzy:

Jam:
What I've seen so far of Jam is that nobody is taking advantage of her meterless parry. Ā She has a lot of stuff she can do without the Kick cards (her charge moves), and I think she can use the charge move as a stance cancel instead of an RC to add to her pressure.

Not only that but her air-to-air looks much the same as it has in many games, so it's not great but it's not bad either.

Hyappo Shinshou crossup as a YRC mixup will be as bad as Bedman's 6H once people figure out how to use it.

People are still learning how her normals work yet, so once that's done, I think people will make her work.

Don't ever tell Amadeous that Jam's design is boring though.... he'll get mad at you!

Dizzy:
I've always liked her fish inputs from AC, and it's not like everything in AC was completely scrapped if I-No and Sol are anything to go by.

Even if she loses the additional stuff from AC, she still has Ice Spike YRC, and her normals were always great in GGX, though they got a little nerfed in #Reload.

Also her Gamma Ray was a little different from others as it had that 2 beam startup from Necro, which was closer to an anti-air in some respects, so it's not quite the same as Ramlethal's.

And hey, they might use Necro's Anger as a catch trap like her EX version... you never know these things.

1 hour ago, Blade said:

My thoughts on Jam/Dizzy:

Jam:
What I've seen so far of Jam is that nobody is taking advantage of her meterless parry. Ā She has a lot of stuff she can do without the Kick cards (her charge moves), and I think she can use the charge move as a stance cancel instead of an RC to add to her pressure.

Not only that but her air-to-air looks much the same as it has in many games, so it's not great but it's not bad either.

Hyappo Shinshou crossup as a YRC mixup will be as bad as Bedman's 6H once people figure out how to use it.

People are still learning how her normals work yet, so once that's done, I think people will make her work.

Don't ever tell Amadeous that Jam's design is boring though.... he'll get mad at you!

Dizzy:
I've always liked her fish inputs from AC, and it's not like everything in AC was completely scrapped if I-No and Sol are anything to go by.

Even if she loses the additional stuff from AC, she still has Ice Spike YRC, and her normals were always great in GGX, though they got a little nerfed in #Reload.

Also her Gamma Ray was a little different from others as it had that 2 beam startup from Necro, which was closer to an anti-air in some respects, so it's not quite the same as Ramlethal's.

And hey, they might use Necro's Anger as a catch trap like her EX version... you never know these things.

I feel the same way you do, altough in AC+ her ice spike deals damage in the very first frame the actual spike comes out (At least that's the impression I get from what I see), so I have my doubts about it being YRCancelable like I-No's Chemical Love or Millia's Tandem Top, Don't you think?

Any way, even if she somehow managed to be god awfulĀ I'd still use her since I love her personality, story and gameplay just like I do with Millia :P

On 11/7/2015, 4:45:11, Blade said:

The gap between arcade and console versions of Xrd is still significant because they're basically converting everything that was in the Arcade version in to a PS3 and PS4 version AND adding new content to boot. Ā That takes time, and given PS3 was initially hard to develop for... a lot longer than you'd think.

Even in Revelator's case, even with a "foundation", they still have to make sure everything that needs fixing GETS fixed while adding whatever they have planned for the Console version. Ā Still going to take time.

Oh yeah and they're working on BlazBlue Central Fiction while doing this AT THE SAME TIME.

That's a lot on the schedule to juggle, so be sensible.

Even if we don't have a solid date, they're shooting for Spring, which is what they said they'd do. Ā If they don't make it, it's not going to kill people to wait.

I waited for ACPlusR patch, I can wait for Revelator.

If you don't want to get pwned by Japanese players at EVO so badly, learn your mains (unless you plan on maining Revelator exclusive characters, which I doubt will be supported at EVO anyway).

that just means after Revelator and Ā Central Fiction They will finally have time to work on that Cross over ( so that Hazama and Testament can finally have sometime for each other Wink Wink )

12 minutes ago, Evil edge said:

that just means after Revelator and Ā Central Fiction They will finally have time to work on that Cross over ( so that Hazama and Testament can finally have sometime for each other Wink Wink )

Didn't someone in ARC say now,that they got Guilty Gear back they ,can do it ? I mean Guilty Gear Ā is an already, establish series while Blaze Blue is ,Finally an established, seriesĀ and as far as we lived in this planet ,Arc Systems Ā is the only fighting company to not do a cross overĀ yet.Ā 

Just now, red13 said:

Didn't someone in ARC say now that they got Guilty Gear back they can do it ? I mean Guilty Gear Ā is an already establish series while Blaze Blue is Finally an established series Ā  Ā and as far as we lived in this planet Ā Arc Systems Ā is the only fighting company to not do a cross over yetĀ 

I don't think Ishiwatari will agree to something like that right now, I mean; if I was in his place with such a beloved and established franchise like Guilty Gear I'd rather focus on making a complete character rooster rather than a new game.

Then there's the deal with the art, 3D or 2D? In any case they'd need to do from scratch either 2D sprites of Xrd's characters or 3D models of BlazBlue ones.

I guess thatĀ if Mori was in charge of such project it could be possible, but I hate BlazBlue's balance so I wouldn't play anything Guilty related with Mori as the leader.

36 minutes ago, Evil edge said:

you guys are talking like you seen asĀ Dizzy's gameplay in Xrd when we have no idea how she plays yetĀ 

Um...no? Ā Who is doing that? Ā Everything said so far has been in relation to her old versions (specifically Reload and +R). Ā 

32 minutes ago, MX_Engellier said:

I don't think Ishiwatari will agree to something like that right now, I mean; if I was in his place with such a beloved and established franchise like Guilty Gear I'd rather focus on making a complete character rooster rather than a new game.

Then there's the deal with the art, 3D or 2D? In any case they'd need to do from scratch either 2D sprites of Xrd's characters or 3D models of BlazBlue ones.

I guess thatĀ if Mori was in charge of such project it could be possible, but I hate BlazBlue's balance so I wouldn't play anything Guilty related with Mori as the leader.

I'm pretty sure both Isiwatari and Mori have said the same thing: "We think it'd be interesting, but now's not the right time."

As for the art style, Mori brought up the possibility of BB being done in a similar 3D style to Xrd, so it wouldn't be surprising if a crossover just went full 3D.

And GG's balance is honestly no betterĀ than any given BB game, so it wouldn't really matter who headed a crossover between them.

It's already been said a bunch of times.

The reason GG went full 3D was because they didn't want it to compete with BlazBlue in that field.

Assuming (read: begging/pleading) for a crossover between both games isn't really reasonable right now, especially given BB isn't over yet, and GG is a faaaaar cry from being over since the roster isn't full yet.

Just wait. Ā I'm sure they'll think of something.

4 hours ago, MX_Engellier said:

Ā I heard Ā Ishiwatari and Mori are very good friends and sure I'm sureĀ Ishiwatari would have no issue,Ā oh I know it won't happy right now but the fact they did even about (2014) tells meĀ Ā they want to never mind the fact that a lot of the Japanese Arc fans want itĀ but I think the one thing theirĀ having issue on his Ā who would be in charge,and how would the game play how they would chose Characters,because unlike Tekken X street fighter who had two Company's this one and Ā I'm sure they would use the Xrd engineĀ 

38 minutes ago, Blade said:

It's already been said a bunch of times.

The reason GG went full 3D was because they didn't want it to compete with BlazBlue in that field.

Assuming (read: begging/pleading) for a crossover between both games isn't really reasonable right now, especially given BB isn't over yet, and GG is a faaaaar cry from being over since the roster isn't full yet.

Just wait. Ā I'm sure they'll think of something.

That true GG just got revived IĀ was, thinking if they would go the Tekken X Street fighter,route for GG Characters who didn't make it into Xrd could have, a chance with this cross over. Ā Ā 

I'd rather see a BB X Persona crossover a lot more. Something with GG now would be too...forced.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:

I'd rather see a BB X Persona crossover a lot more. Something with GG now would be too...forced.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yeah I doubt everĀ that going to happen since Ā Atlus and Arc are twoĀ Ā different companies and lets not forget the fact that Arena is just a spin off to the JRPG games so ARC Ā would have no real say on the matter oh lets not forget theĀ licensing issues that will most likely come from this Ā  I want believe that after central fiction and whatever Ā game comes afterĀ Revelator Ā is when they will do the cross over Ā or the next Arc system anniversary which reminds me when is the nextĀ anniversary ?

6 hours ago, Evil edge said:

you guys are talking like you seen asĀ Dizzy's gameplay in Xrd when we have no idea how she plays yetĀ 

Yeah, let's discuss potential crossovers instead. Oh, wait, this is not the thread to do that.

On 06/11/2015, 22:57:43, Blade said:

Do note the #Kappa in Poultrygeist's post. Ā Sarcasm intended.

Only people who don't give a crap about GG make fun of it or say it's for nerds.

Also satire doesn't work on the internet.

Also I do theses on GG all day because nobody gets it. Ā I have to explain everything because nobody gets it (or cares to).

Get it?

Probably not.

Well if you want to bust those sort of semantics, his sentence structure implied his Kappa usage was directly referring to his Virtua Fighter comment. Also your blog is about lore, not meta details of GG character playerbase. So that doesn't particularly increase your accolades to mention in this matter (and don't everyone start telling me their merits and accolades that would somehow bolster their comments on this largely frivolous matter).

Ā 

Kappa. :arg:

1 hour ago, SoWL said:

Yeah, let's discuss potential crossovers instead. Oh, wait, this is not the thread to do that.

yeah I kinda realized that I soundĀ hypercritical hereĀ ^^;Ā 

9 hours ago, Evil edge said:

Yeah I doubt everĀ that going to happen since Ā Atlus and Arc are twoĀ Ā different companies and lets not forget the fact that Arena is just a spin off to the JRPG games so ARC Ā would have no real say on the matter oh lets not forget theĀ licensing issues that will most likely come from this Ā  I want believe that after central fiction and whatever Ā game comes afterĀ Revelator Ā is when they will do the cross over Ā or the next Arc system anniversary which reminds me when is the nextĀ anniversary ?

Anyone else read this in Bedman's voice?Ā :v:

On November 11, 2015 at 01:36:35, MX_Engellier said:

I feel the same way you do, altough in AC+ her ice spike deals damage in the very first frame the actual spike comes out (At least that's the impression I get from what I see), so I have my doubts about it being YRCancelable like I-No's Chemical Love or Millia's Tandem Top, Don't you think?

Any way, even if she somehow managed to be god awfulĀ I'd still use her since I love her personality, story and gameplay just like I do with Millia :P

All moves do damage on the first frame. You can put a yrc at any point in a move and still have it come out and do damage. Ā They choose not to with normals as that would look silly, the ice spoke would be a rather easy and very fair usage of yrc. Ā That and bubble should have no problems being fully yrc able

3 hours ago, Destin said:

All moves do damage on the first frame. You can put a yrc at any point in a move and still have it come out and do damage. Ā They choose not to with normals as that would look silly, the ice spoke would be a rather easy and very fair usage of yrc. Ā That and bubble should have no problems being fully yrc able

UHHHHHHHHHHH

moves have startup bro

4 hours ago, Destin said:

If this was true I'd be good at the game.

8 hours ago, greatfernman said:

UHHHHHHHHHHH

moves have startup bro

I suppose I should have worded that first active frame. Just like i-no chemical loveĀ as the post I was replying to mentioned.