Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Some up-close pictures of the Famitsu article (by courtesy of @HDKirin)

Spoiler

CbbOdXfUcAAcAbv.jpg:origCbbOdKTUcAEheEc.jpg:origCbbOcZ7UUAQO4y3.jpg:orig

PS: I love the icon of his special gauge. It's somehow cute and disturbing at the same time.

EDIT: Full article rip thanks to @Kurushii. Character selection screen artwork of Kum Haehyun on the bottom right.

Spoiler

e215x9im11w71quzg.jpg

Edited by Danaiden

2 minutes ago, jak d ripr said:

I'm actually more excited for the return of "awe of she", then dizzy herself tbh. Does that make me a bad person?

Too bad that we're not getting the GGX version, if the Sign OST is anything to go by.

On 16/02/2016 at 0:56 AM, Sourenga said:

Move names are:
Gerd Leier (ゲルドライヤー)

I have the Famitsu and it's written as ゲルトライヤー. With a ト, not a ド.

His airdash is a glide that descends quickly.

シュメルツ・ベルク is actually Schmerz Berg (Painful Mountain). バッケン・ツヴァイク might be Wachen Zweig (Guarding Branch). No idea for ゲルトライヤー.

If GG2 was any indication, we probably won't know the intended German romanizations until the English localization comes out.

Uh... huh. I was expecting Raven to be more of a weird zombie/demonic blue guy. Not just some variation of Terumi. The mechanics sound interesting and all but visually I find him a tad underwhelming.

Article says he's characterized by his strange and unpredictable movements, and that he specializes in the midrange game using quick dashes and unexpected long range attacks for zoning. He's also got a strong, easy-to-use anti-air.

His "Hit me right here!" dares the opponent to hit him in order to build up his unique gauge, increasing his damage and changing the properties of his attacks. His "Gelt Leier"  gains additional hits, and his "Wachen Zweig" attack changes so you can chase the enemy after knocking them away.

His Schmerz Berg projectile attack has ground and air versions and applies a slowdown effect on hit.

His airdash is a rapidly descending glide.

1 hour ago, Suzaku said:

Article says he's characterized by his strange and unpredictable movements, and that he specializes in the midrange game using quick dashes and unexpected long range attacks for zoning. He's also got a strong, easy-to-use anti-air.

His "Hit me right here!" dares the opponent to hit him in order to build up his unique gauge, increasing his damage and changing the properties of his attacks. His "Gelt Leier"  gains additional hits, and his "Wachen Zweig" attack changes so you can chase the enemy after knocking them away.

His Schmerz Berg projectile attack has ground and air versions and applies a slowdown effect on hit.

His airdash is a rapidly descending glide.

What are the attacks actually like? I cant tell anything from these almost nonsensical German names.

1 hour ago, Darlos9D said:

Uh... huh. I was expecting Raven to be more of a weird zombie/demonic blue guy. Not just some variation of Terumi. The mechanics sound interesting and all but visually I find him a tad underwhelming.

Raven came before Terumi.  In fact, he was a pale skinned bishie before he was a masked weirdo.

I wanna know if they are going to touch on why axel is now raven I do not understand this concept. If u want u can inbox me so the moderators don't get mad lol. But im still interested.

Just now, youcanwonder said:

I wanna know if they are going to touch on why axel is now raven I do not understand this concept. If u want u can inbox me so the moderators don't get mad lol. But im still interested.

Axl is not Raven, and they aren't parallel versions of each other, but it is known that they are connected in some way.

41 minutes ago, youcanwonder said:

He isn't. That was an old fan theory that Ishiwatari has denied. In the GG2 Material Collection he wasn't willing to completely deny that they could have a link of some sort because "that would be boring," but he's since gone on record (in the Guilty Gear 10th Memorial and Guilty Gear Codex) saying that Raven isn't Axl's parallel existence and that their respective phenomena (timeslipping and immortality) are completely unrelated. He said Axl's parallel existence will be someone unexpected.

24 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

Axl is not Raven, and they aren't parallel versions of each other, but it is known that they are connected in some way.

Huh. Did raven not show up in XX before Accent Core? I thought he did, in his weird blue form.

Just now, Darlos9D said:

Huh. Did raven not show up in XX before Accent Core? I thought he did, in his weird blue form.

He did back in #R

24 minutes ago, noct76 said:

If you wish sorengas videos the info of who the parallel existence is.

Where do I see this at? And thanks guys appreciate the feedback

27 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

He did back in #R

Apparently he showed up all the way back in some GGX visual novel. And in that he looked like he did in the various XX versions story mode (which is where I first saw him). Which is like this:

latest?cb=20111114132958

... rather than some hooded white guy. Granted he was always goth as shit but before he looked a bit more... manly? Now he looks younger and... I dunno, more "modernly" edgelord-ish. I can't really put it into words properly. I prefer the old spikey bodysuited blue guy that I was promised way back in XX.

It was a novel novel, not a visual novel. And it's likely that Ishiwatari never intended for him to have blue skin and black hair, since the novel describes him as being pale and having white hair, which is also how he looked in GG2.

Either way, there will probably be a GGXX-style color palette, so probably not a big deal. Most people don't use the default palettes anyway.

You guys are definitely hella exaggerating.  

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/guilty-gear/images/8/88/Ggxxr_cs2_ra.png/revision/latest?cb=20160216213625

Raven has always been an edgy pretty boy, the only thing that's changed is the art style.  This paranoid insecurity about GG "becoming anime" has gotten so ridiculous lmao.  

18 minutes ago, Suzaku said:

It was a novel novel, not a visual novel. And it's likely that Ishiwatari never intended for him to have blue skin and black hair, since the novel describes him as being pale and having white hair, which is also how he looked in GG2.

Either way, there will probably be a GGXX-style color palette, so probably not a big deal. Most people don't use the default palettes anyway.

Well, okay, it apparently had artwork. One kinda looked like a comic book page so I got confused.

http://guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/File:014515510.PNG

http://guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/File:That_Man_%26_his_servants_Artwork.png

Granted you can't see his skin color but I still like this design better overall. I didn't mean to sound like the skin color was my main issue. It's the whole design.

Also @Poultrygeist my whole Terumi comparison comes mostly from the hooded look. Raven came before Terumi but Terumi wore a hood first. Also if you want to talk about his GG2 design, hell, I like THAT one better too, honestly.

Yeah this is just my subjective opinion and I won't get upset if anyone disagrees but I feel like some people are implying my opinion is based on bad info, but it isn't.

Got a little ninjad by poultrygeist. Yeah he was a waifish edgelord back then too. Just like Testament. I won't argue that. But I guess I dig an 80s/90s edgelord over a post-2000's one, is the thing.