Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

19 minutes ago, RWA Announcer said:

WOW, these Dizzy buffs!  She's gonna be AWESOME if she gets to keep all of this!  Surprised all Ram got was the new moves.  Hopefully they're good.  They sound like they'll be "Sword Rekkas" of sorts?  I'll miss Jump-Cancelable 6P, but Raven seems fine, if not a bit better, thanks to the Super improvements.  I-No changes are GREAT, and Elphelt changes sound pretty reasonable.  I am a bit concerned about that Health nerf though.  (Going to assume she's just been bumped down to Ky/Venom Tier?) but being able to Special Cancel ALL the 5Hs sounds REALLY FUN!  I doubt she's dead by any means, but considering she's been nothing but nerfed since she dropped, I can respect people being disappointed, even if she WAS insane when she was first released.  All in all this looks really interesting, and at the risk of upsetting a few people, I'm enjoying collecting all of these delicious Millia tears in my bucket right now!  Hasn't she been S Tier in literally EVERY Guilty Gear since GGX?

Not really, I think she's been A in 2 or 3 games (AC+R included) and B in Slash, and she seems to be going for the Slash route this time around.

9 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I admit, I don't play Elphelt that much, but wasn't after last EVO where she was very nerfed, with Sin and Johnny? I do remember another patch, 1.0.4, but was Elphelt's changes during that time compensating, I really don't remember, sorry.

All three of them were fine after the EVO patch, it's apparently just common for people to confuse "top tiers getting nerfed" with "welcome the new low tiers".

7 hours ago, MX_Engellier said:

Not really, I think she's been A in 2 or 3 games (AC+R included) and B in Slash, and she seems to be going for the Slash route this time around.

Was she? I saw Kazuki tweet about her j.H change reminding him of Slash and saying that she was still top tier in that one.

18 hours ago, BladeOfJustice7 said:
18 hours ago, Tokkan said:

Ky has a new 6HS

Fuck... something is telling me this is bad...

Indeed, my excitement has turned to fear.  Any further news on this?

30 minutes ago, SolxBaiken said:

Can't help with that, but on the Baiken loktest doc we have a few gifs (click on move

30 minutes ago, SolxBaiken said:

Can't help with that, but on the Baiken loktest doc we have a few gifs (click on move names with links) of moves now ' 3'

Your the phucken man 

2 hours ago, GunBlazer said:

Seems to be actually better than the old 6HS, unless it doesn't leave Ky that much in positive is actually faster so it should be more easy to use it as a meaty and the opponent will have to react more quickly if it wants to BS it without having to guess, the trick of FD the first hit and IB the second hit should be a little more difficult as well with that animation.

23 hours ago, Sneakman said:

PLEASE tell me you're serious, like I need proof of this.

This is the one change I (and a lot of others) really wanted.

Yeah but we lost 6H crossup and a 2K 5H Gatling route in exchange.

Any Bedman players have observations?

Ky had no 6H in Missing Link.  His old 6H was 5H in Missing Link.  New move looks like Zwei Voltage the way he swings it.

1 hour ago, Blade said:

Yeah but we lost 6H crossup and a 2K 5H Gatling route in exchange

:vbang:

I'm curious if 1HS for Bedman also lost its launching properties like the 2/3 variations did. If so some of his swagnificent air juggles midscreen will be changed. Air Deja Vu is reaaaaaally interesting, though... I just can't think of any crazy potential right now. Ooh maybe using it after a knockdown you could do the j.D instant overhead and if it is blocked you can use Deja vu but if it hits you can RC air dash downward for combo like usual or something. 

Unless they give Bedman more air jump options or air specials, I don't see Air Deja Vu being as useful as it potentially could be.

I anticipated they would nerf 6H because most can't react to it off blocked Task A' unless they throw.  But that really kills his offense.  Especially 3H and 2H.

5 hours ago, BladeOfJustice7 said:

It's so pretty... o.o

When you say old, you mean Missing Link?

It looks like the one from Reload. Not sure how old that version of 6HS is but I started out on this series with Reload so that's where I recognize it from.

35 minutes ago, Vulcan422 said:

It looks like the one from Reload. Not sure how old that version of 6HS is but I started out on this series with Reload so that's where I recognize it from.

No, he had the same 6hs in GGX from what I recall.