Jump to content
Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Recommended Posts

Well guys, Famitsu goes nuts on GG Xrd Rev 2 info. Google Translated so far, lol.

Beisdes the release date that we already know, the prices for both the Physical and Digital (non-upgrade) are 4,800 Yen+Tax, 2,000 Yen+Tax (paid upgrade). Those that pre-order the JP physical version will get Rev 2's mini soundtrack CD with 9 songs included. Those themes will include Answer's, Baiken's, and Dizzy's.

And for those in JP, there's going to be a GG Xrd Rev 2 event on March 26, 2017 JST. Where there will be exhibition matches, Daisuke doing signatures, and Talks. Other things are mentioned in the article. Answer and Baiken will be playable at the event.

Also, Rev 2's new UI, sleek and stylish!

C57Mrd7WYAAYAnM.jpg:large

Official JP Rev 2 site updated with price info on both PS3/PS4 versions. Nothing on PC version yet, sadly.

Also, Gematsu has more info on Rev 2 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Anji players, rejoice! Let's hope for more cast returners. Also...

Rev 2 in the US coming out same week as the JP release, and I assume EU version to follow suit. $20 Digital Upgrade for all systems (hoping cross-buy on both PS3/PS4, steam will be its own thing, of course), and $40 PS4 disc. No word on PC/Steam date yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a feeling Anji would show up in Baiken's story mode. I will F5 for screenshots I need to see my man!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the cat is out the bag, it is a little hard to hide it now.

Hm... I wonder if IK are allowed now, to see both newcomers IK and Dizzy's IK on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Now that the cat is out the bag, it is a little hard to hide it now.

Hm... I wonder if IK are allowed now, to see both newcomers IK and Dizzy's IK on them

Well, since its the final loketest, I think they should be available to preform if the animations for the IK's are already done by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

sdgsdg.png.258bfeb8e4bc40ba12e7a9f297a36352.png

from reddit

Justice was in story mode from SIGN (but in her giant form). Cause there's no source, i think this is fake. But Justice is the perfect boss for this REV2 versione. C'mon ASW !!!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they're going to be adding more characters? Dizzy was #1, but Baiken was #3. How are you going to skip Bridget (#2) like that? If we're adding more characters, this mistake must be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked out the game at the arcade. I never really used Baiken with any regularity, so I can't comment too much on what's different. But, her 236236+S super definitely did less damage than I expected it to. She doesn't seem to be lacking in tools to make up for it, though.

She also has this Yamazaki-style, mob-boss strut going on when she walks forward. Arched back and everything. It's goofy-looking as hell in comparison to her inching forward in the past games. So, you can look forward to that. Her intro and outro involve this kind of long-winded samurai period-drama narration. It's pretty funny.

 

I really like Answer. His shenanigans are fun, but I definitely did not unlock any potential in one playthrough. I really want to play this character some more when the game hits. Nothing like Chipp at all if anyone was worried.

He is actually on the phone throughout the entire match. Like, having full on convos while fighting you. Even a few strained lines when he gets hit. Dude's a multitasker. lol

 

Also, Zato has a glowing red outline now. Akin to how in the previous games he would fade into black continuously.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that's new. If it's not, I'm sorry.

 

And a minor spoiler regarding something in Dizzy's episode mode regarding Ky...

Spoiler

There's a flashback to GGX and he has a model with short hair and the Thunderseal. I doubt this is enough of a visual change to really want as an extra costume or something, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, werewolfgold said:

Checked out the game at the arcade. I never really used Baiken with any regularity, so I can't comment too much on what's different. But, her 236236+S super definitely did less damage than I expected it to. She doesn't seem to be lacking in tools to make up for it, though.

She also has this Yamazaki-style, mob-boss strut going on when she walks forward. Arched back and everything. It's goofy-looking as hell in comparison to her inching forward in the past games. So, you can look forward to that. Her intro and outro involve this kind of long-winded samurai period-drama narration. It's pretty funny.

 

I really like Answer. His shenanigans are fun, but I definitely did not unlock any potential in one playthrough. I really want to play this character some more when the game hits. Nothing like Chipp at all if anyone was worried.

He is actually on the phone throughout the entire match. Like, having full on convos while fighting you. Even a few strained lines when he gets hit. Dude's a multitasker. lol

 

Oh, btw, did you noticed their defense modifers? Just to know. I wonder if Baiken still with her paper-thin defense, the (almost) same works with Answer, since being a Ninja, like Chipp, would make him a paper character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Oh, btw, did you noticed their defense modifers? Just to know. I wonder if Baiken still with her paper-thin defense, the (almost) same works with Answer, since being a Ninja, like Chipp, would make him a paper character.

Hmmmm... I don't recall feeling like I had Chipp health or anything when I was using Baiken. But, the computer was kind of a pushover, so I was the one dealing it out more than receiving it. Sorry.

I did feel a little vulnerable when it was Answer vs. Slayer. But, you know...it's Slayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, silly me. I forgot the funniest thing about Answer. For his dust attack, he quick summons a giant frog that licks you up into the air. And for his mid-match win pose, he summons it again (while he's still talking on the phone) and it eats you. Then, it decides it doesn't like you and spits you back out. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs2/outline/

Rev2 includes an "After Story". Additional story is planned for free release after launch.
Online Lobby is now independent of Ranked and Player Matches, meaning it's now a true 3rd mode of netplay like in BB and not a required sign-in to play the other modes of netplay.
Ranked match now allows rematching up to a FT2.
Player match now allows you to spectate a match that has already started.
You can switch back to the original Revelator in the options menu if you wish to netplay with a person who hasn't upgraded yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×