Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Slayer changes please me.

P dandy pile CH will hopefully wallbounce. BIG BUFF.

6p midscreen wallbounce is godlike HUGE.

Bite change is good.

K pile wallstick on normal is pretty amazing. If you can combo off a normal pile, this is HUGE.

Seems they are opening up his combo game a lot more with these changes. More opportunity for damage.

Increased input times are going to make his hard links easier. Looking at aircombos.

Changes look good, a bit scared of the close range repel blitz, but I was initially worried about blitz and it turned out ok.

I still don't actually like the mechanic but eh.

Change list seems good. Honestly expected Sterilization Method to get nerfed a bit in range at least, but the move actually got better (surprised that it's no longer CH during recovery). Curious to see new STBT hit. Pineberry changes are great. Also glad to see some common sense changes like Eddie not getting gauge back during cinematics.

Blue Burst RC change makes sense I suppose. Would still like see stick shaking added for stagger.

Expected a bit more "balancing up" but this seems pretty good.

(No changes to it, but Danger time is still dumb. Maybe next iteration.)

EDIT: Also totally was expecting I-No air throw slightly range reduction (It's back to being godlike) but thankfully didn't happen. Would still like to have 2S be low again...

I'm worried about the blitz shield change. Wouldn't that hurt a lot of characters oki if they can blitz shield projectiles back up close?

The real question is Blitz instant on startup? Can you not meaty a character trying to BS on wakeup?

If its anything like now, yes.

The real question is Blitz instant on startup? Can you not meaty a character trying to BS on wakeup?

You can reversal it on wakeup so no meaty. Also, I am an i-no player and I REALLY HOPE THIS ONE DOESNT STAY IN

I'm worried about the blitz shield change. Wouldn't that hurt a lot of characters oki if they can blitz shield projectiles back up close?

Yes, now you have to actually think about your oki.

Change list seems good. Honestly expected Sterilization Method to get nerfed a bit in range at least, but the move actually got better (surprised that it's no longer CH during recovery). Curious to see new STBT hit. Pineberry changes are great. Also glad to see some common sense changes like Eddie not getting gauge back during cinematics.

Blue Burst RC change makes sense I suppose. Would still like see stick shaking added for stagger.

Expected a bit more "balancing up" but this seems pretty good.

(No changes to it, but Danger time is still dumb. Maybe next iteration.)

EDIT: Also totally was expecting I-No air throw slightly range reduction (It's back to being godlike) but thankfully didn't happen. Would still like to have 2S be low again...

I would trade all these proposed buffs for 2S being a low again...(except maybe that H STBT change)

so YRC option select will no longer be a thing against bursts since RC'ing during an opponents blue burst gives you a RED RC now. 

I also wonder if the increased input buffer will make reversals on meaty easier.

Currently, wakeup Blitz Shield will still always counter meaties, but the tight timing (2f) makes it challenging. If the window for wakeup moves is relaxed + Blitz Shields on projectile Oki... RIP I-No, Elphelt 

keep in mind that while the yrc burst os is gone, it shoudl still exist vs dead angles and rejected > blitz

why they didn't fix it for all of them baffles me

edit: i actually ahven't tried vs blitz, but i'm pretty sure it'd work

I'd be fine with the blitz-shield change if they'd get rid of reversal blitz-shield. I'm concerned it might mess up some characters' oki pretty badly.

Then again, that really depends on the ranges we're talking about here. If it only works on projectiles within, say, throw range, then it may not matter much. I'll try to reserve judgment until we see how the location test goes.

Edited by Orrax

I am wondering what they're going to Ram now, because effectively losing her oki, crippling her damage and nerfing her wall game makes her an almost nothing character. It's fine to nerf things but taking things away is bizarre. How will she be played now? Just plain keepaway? Even that will be hard because of the extended sword recovery (which was tricky in the first place, and something Ram players had to learn to deal with). I wonder when this will be patched to consoles. I'm loyal to characters but I picked Ram up to replace Dizzy and her "oh shit I'm on the floor now what do I do?" shenanigans. Without that she's kinda pointless.

Okay man. You can go complain in her forum now. This is like your third post saying the same thing. Enough.

I don't think Zato's changes are as damaging as some people think.

There are a couple of inaccuracies I think.

The shadow regen time increase should only be after the gauge runs out or Eddie is hit, and the gauge lock I believe is for Overdrives (like using Executor for guage stalling) not all specials.

Being able to hit the pools doesn't seem like it will change things as much as might be believed.

Much of the time, the pool is going to be behind the opponent anyway.

If you IB a drill, you're still not going to have much time to poke away the pool even if your hitbox reaches it.

Even if you're able to, instead of instantly killing Eddie, you remove the pool and Eddie is summoned close instead of being out of the match like he would be if you predict a summon.

It should mostly reduce the risk of dashing in from midscreen than reduce the effectiveness of Zato's pressure. It may even prevent unnecessary Eddie deaths in more scenarios.

Hard to say how the command grab buffs will improve things or not. I notice Ogawa using it a little more recently, but typically only to finish a round, and possibly because he's just screwing around.

Soooo, until we hear more, I think the end result is Zato is just a bit more unforgiving than he was.

Seeing how it plays out in testing will be the real indicator.

As a side note, the Blitz Shield buffs should actually be an indirect buff to characters without strong reversals of their own, which Zato should definitely benefit from in matchups vs Millia or I-No for example.

Yo secret buffs for slayer! taken from slayers gameplay discussion

@hc0519: Slayer secret buffs: (1/3)
- P>2S link added
- HS, longer shaking status on hit
- 2HS, bigger hitbox, longer untechable time

@hc0519: Slayer secret buffs: (2/3)
- 2D, bigger vertical hitbox
- 6K, landing recovery 7F->5F
- Helter, jumps up lower

@hc0519: Slayer secret buffs: (3/3)
- Under-tow, longer untechable time
- forward step, increased distance when canceled with jump