Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Oh my dear sweet god in heaven, no.

If Ky and Sol can have reversals like that (frame-wise) that actually do damage, why can't Venom have something reiable to get out of pressure? The teleport just moves him like Chip's teleport, but with less control (situational). None of his supers are good in that wakeup situation.

If Ky and Sol can have reversals like that (frame-wise) that actually do damage, why can't Venom have something reiable to get out of pressure? The teleport just moves him like Chip's teleport, but with less control (situational). None of his supers are good in that wakeup situation.

There's a reason they have that and Venom doesn't.

But hey, S tier Venom hasn't existed in GG History so why not (unless he is Petit 2...)

They tried that with character specific stuff in BB CP 1.0 and I think they took it out because people complained.

Ah I suppose as much as people love to complain locked inputs may not work as well in a much more dynamic games like airdashers. Good thing I play Bedman/on hitbox, so I've no need for DP motions/good control over specific directions.

EDIT: Venom with reversal sounds terrible. Unless we'd go with the route that everyone should have a reliable, meterless DP. I'd like to see a game like that tbh, but not if it's muh GG.

EDIT2: Woo hoo, another loketest. I hope they have console patch in the works simultaneously.

Don't count on anything close to a simultaneous patch for consoles, the point of the update is technically to get people to go back to the arcades. Probably going to be a few months before the update comes to consoles I'd guess.

Don't count on anything close to a simultaneous patch for consoles, the point of the update is technically to get people to go back to the arcades. Probably going to be a few months before the update comes to consoles I'd guess.

I know all too well how it works. Even if they had it all done simultaneously and actually wanted to release it asap it would take at least a month to actually release. What I meant was "I hope they plan to have only a few weeks between arc and console release", which I think is possible.

Im hopin when they actually drop the console patch maybe they will put a new char or 2 as well. I know we wont see a patch for console prolly till at least summer is my thought.

That sorta highly unlikely since this is routine put console characters in the arcade patch. We sadly aren't gonna see another new character until next year. Luckily, since we have a lot of established characters, it'll be easier for them to add like 8 or more characters next version.

Also, since I havn't paid a lot of attention to prior loketests from Ark, are the loketests usually this close together?

Somebody here loves to spam dolphins lol

It actually works fine even here in Japan.

I saw a 9th Dan Slayer losing to a Smart Dolphin spammer with no card lol.

Venom also has insane neutral and corner pressure/lockdown.  Give him a DP and it's overkill.  How many "I don't give a fuck about your options" tools does one character need?

Potemkin with anything from zero up on forward megafist would instantly be A tier :D

He would need a helluva lot more than that to be A tier, but it would be a good place to start.

One would hope that it is more like a month (ideally less) as anything more than that and it would IMO greatly interfere with anyone who isn't from Japan's preparation for EVO.  I really doubt that ASW cares about this but they really should.

I don't mind them taking their time releasing the patch on consoles, potemkins bottom tier but I'm still so bad at the game that his position on the tier list doesn't really matter. I just hope the patch comes out before EVO, would hate to be playing an obsolete version of the game at EVO.

Either way, can't wait to see what changes await potemkin this weekend.

Let's just hope in this next test Rammy isn't still confined to that wheelchair she was in the first one :(

That feels like the worst result to any changes with a character; not good or bad, just boring now.

Faust looks like he'll continue to demolish even though his far slash has more recovery and his hitbox when getting comboed is closer to what he actually is.  Who mad the hitbox where his legs don't count?

Did they really buff Ky's 6HS?  that move seemed to just lock down a lot of the cast without a good reversal and it got better?

Well its good that Bedman looks better based on Ogawa's opinion.