Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

So we figured out the cause of the 12f delay, it's from PS3 to PS4.

The PS3 user will get 12f, while the PS4 user will get like 2f.

I disagree. I have played several people on PS4's now (I am on PS3) and we had solid 2-4f matches on BOTH ends.

Bridget, forgive, but until you come back...I'm rolling with Zato-1. *sniff* Hopefully, Bridget comes back, but Zato-1 is just...amazing. I don't know what it is with me and puppeteer characters in ArcSys games.

People need to stop assuming the crossplay stuff. When you're trying to find the problem, if you see a person who happened to experience the same thing as you, you start assuming that's the cause.
No - the connections are all over the place and seem to be random as far as high lag goes. It's probably nothing but that 'ol ArcSys unreliability.

I'm another person who an average has better matches with PS4 people.

People need to stop assuming the crossplay stuff. When you're trying to find the problem, if you see a person who happened to experience the same thing as you, you start assuming that's the cause.

No - the connections are all over the place and seem to be random as far as high lag goes. It's probably nothing but that 'ol ArcSys unreliability.

I'm another person who an average has better matches with PS4 people.

See this is the problem. Since it's happening to several people for, what it seems, random reasons it's really hard to pin point the exact cause. Which makes people grasp for straws to fix it.

I'm really hoping they announce the upcoming patch before Christmas.

I disagree. I have played several people on PS4's now (I am on PS3) and we had solid 2-4f matches on BOTH ends.

Are you on the US version?

I believe that hasn't received the patch for 1.02 yet?

Still no colors for Hong Kong. If you try going to the PlayStation Store via Network menu in game it actually has Colors listed as a category, but where its preview image should be it just says "Missing Image" and if you select it it just takes you to a store page with no items. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

So where is that EU release?

We didnt get accent core plus, i doubt arc can be arsed to translate into 4 or whatever languages and dlc most probably wont be included. Import now my friend the fat that eu facebook pages for blazblue and persona are advertising import versions for sale says it all. If arc would be a little more transparent and could explain the situation rather than saying "eu be patient" is what makes me angry.

Still no colors for Hong Kong. If you try going to the PlayStation Store via Network menu in game it actually has Colors listed as a category, but where its preview image should be it just says "Missing Image" and if you select it it just takes you to a store page with no items. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Kinda sucks doesnt it? Hopefully we get it soon.

You can buy JPN colors for HK game.

Things is, most of us that bought the HK version have a leftover funds, so we rather just wait for the HK store to release the colors and not spend more money.

I just wonder how many people are on wifi vs hard wired people. I know plenty of people who refuse to hardware their machines for some strange reason, but believe they are not the problem for laggy gameplay be it this game or others.

Also as it has been noted before offline > online for best results if possible, but honestly online is too important for fighters these days see KoF to see how a great game gets held back by net code issues.

I just wonder how many people are on wifi vs hard wired people. I know plenty of people who refuse to hardware their machines for some strange reason, but believe they are not the problem for laggy gameplay be it this game or others.

Also as it has been noted before offline > online for best results if possible, but honestly online is too important for fighters these days see KoF to see how a great game gets held back by net code issues.

Not everyone is blessed with a housing situation where they can be wired and it really depends on the person's connection.  Wired will always be better but it doesn't mean it's shit just because it's wireless.  I have played people who have wireless and they had godlike connections, not in Xrd but in other games.  Also not everyone takes the netplay as serious as others to figure out what is wrong with the connection.  My point is people need to stop pointing the finger, their will always be wireless players in any online game and that doesn't excuse bad online.  You can tell when its one person or if it's the games netcode.

The netplay is all over the place from what I have played.  I have had games where their was no visual lag however their was input lag out the ass. It would show 12f of lag but their was no lag that you could visually see and this was a match from PS3 to PS4.  When I play PS3 to PS3 it works pretty well but again it depends on both connections and still I do notice input lag but not as crazy as PS3 to PS4.

Since they use 3D models now, has ASW ever said anything in regards to alternate character costumes?

In one interview, Ishiwatari mentioned that there were ideas for that, such as "what the cast would wear if they were in a different setting," but it didn't sound like there were actual plans for such. So they know could do it, but whether or not they will is unknown at the moment.

Since they use 3D models now, has ASW ever said anything in regards to alternate character costumes?

If the leaked Pachinko art that was found about a year back is anything to go by, they will most likely bring Alt costumes out at some point. My guess is they're waiting till they roll more characters out before they start releasing costumes etc. But it would be odd of them to not release Alt costumes with the models being 3D this time around and stuff. I'm hoping for a Dr. Baldhead Alt, I NEED DAT!

The problem I see with that is that certain characters like Ram use their clothes when they attack so I don't see how she could have a different costume.

The problem I see with that is that certain characters like Ram use their clothes when they attack so I don't see how she could have a different costume.

Funnily enough, in story mode she already has an alt outfit :3 However Arcsys special way of framing moves means adding alt isn't as easy as it could be for some other games(like how to model the new outfit to conform with certain moves, I guess maybe her skirt just grows in length to mimic the cloaks actions.)

I hope they might though, original Millia and many other wonderful possibilities :3

I want Ishiwatari Sol voice set DLC, would pay so hard for that. I'm content with it being only during gameplay, dustloop just doesn't sound the same with Nakata's. :(

Have more people run into the issue?  Aksys pounced on the I-No/Faust voice pack issue, so I get the feeling that if it was as widespread they'd have jumped on that too.

Have you already tried deleting the game data (not your save data) and reinstalling stuff like those color packs (probably would also have to reinstall Elphelt/Leo and other DLC)?