Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Ramlethal

- 5K: startup reduced from 8f to 6f
- 2D: 90% starter proration added
- 6P: startup reduced from 10f to 9f
- j.8D: damage reduced from 50 to 34; recovery increased from 20f to 24f
- j.D: recovery increased from 20f to 24f
- j.2D: recovery increased from 20f to 24f
- sword setup: hurtbox added; Can now strike swords to prevent them from attacking 
- PP: hitbox increased vertically
- ~4K: more untech time
- 214K: gets meter on hit now
- 214P: gets meter on hit now
- 236K: can only yrc on startup frames now
- Calvados:first hit's damage changed from 8 to 50; other hits' damage from reduced 8 to 6
Calvados: hitbox increased downwards

translated by (and more info in) https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ

- 5P: startup on repeated input nerf reverted

- j.8D: untech time reverted

- j.2/6S or HS: nerfs reverted

- KK: float on hit reverted

- 623P: timing leniency for green ver. nerf reverted

So ram might not be dead after all...

Looks like Leo's buffs got reverted for the most part...I'm fine with that, don't need more Leo mashers online.

Looks like Leo's buffs got reverted for the most part...I'm fine with that, don't need more Leo mashers online.

Leo kinda needed those buffs. Like Kagura, he's a cool concept, but a baaaaad character.

leo debuffs
[2]8S:

Opponent floats higher when the first hit hits, combos on trade
Stance D (b.D):
Damage changed from 60 to 90
[4]6S:
Now has infinite range
Range increased a little

i dont think so, 90 damage is insane, and combo on dp trade too
Its a good character, but he cant win alone, he requires a solid gameplan and a high level of adaptability

Basically Rammy went from wheelchair to sprained ankle. She's viable again and I don't think most Rammy players are too upset about the current changes. We already saw what hell looks like...

i dont think so, 90 damage is insane, and combo on dp trade too

Its a good character, but he cant win alone, he requires a solid gameplan and a high level of adaptability

You can't have a solid gameplan when your almost all your mixups can be OSd through (which to be honest most people don't seem to realise for now), outside of after a throw knockdown you don't have the time to do any real semi-safe mixup with Leo, in all other situations (like rekkas into 236H whiff for exemple) bt.D is pretty much the only thing that beats low block delay 2P.

Actually I would have seen more something like higher float and longer corner wall splat on bt.D instead of the 90 dmg idea, as the latter would lead to stupid damage on light characters, higher float would give better combos on mid and heavy weights so the payoff for a successful counter would be more balanced.

You can't have a solid gameplan when your almost all your mixups can be OSd through (which to be honest most people don't seem to realise for now), outside of after a throw knockdown you don't have the time to do any real semi-safe mixup with Leo, in all other situations (like rekkas into 236H whiff for exemple) bt.D is pretty much the only thing that beats low block delay 2P.

Actually I would have seen more something like higher float and longer corner wall splat on bt.D instead of the 90 dmg idea, as the latter would lead to stupid damage on light characters, higher float would give better combos on mid and heavy weights so the payoff for a successful counter would be more balanced.

Leo can counter OS the defensive players OS so getting out of oki is not free. He is a meta-based character with no guaranteed oki. In neutral he seems normal but once he knocks you down its like he ceases to be a GG character.

Leo can counter OS the defensive players OS so getting out of oki is not free. He is a meta-based character with no guaranteed oki. In neutral he seems normal but once he knocks you down its like he ceases to be a GG character.

And what would that offensive OS be? I never saw anyone talk about that in the Leo forums and I can't think of one myself.

which guy, hiago or me? either way if it wasn't tweeted out specifically that a change was reverted it probably is still in place

also on leo you can bait the oses (some of them at least), it's not the ideal style of oki, but that's leo. he's just a lot of rps and a lot of damage.

which guy, hiago or me? either way if it wasn't tweeted out specifically that a change was reverted it probably is still in place

also on leo you can bait the oses (some of them at least), it's not the ideal style of oki, but that's leo. he's just a lot of rps and a lot of damage.

Yeah but then why did they mention the 6HS nerf again, which was already mentioned before the loketest started. And this time they didn't say it was unthrowable...ugh

Well you can bait the delay 2P one with counter like I said, but low block delay neutral YRC pretty much beats everything you can do from stance if not done after a throw knockdown, I think he would just need a bit longer knockdowns overall to set decent stance mixups that couldn't be OSed too easely, but I really doubt we'll get that.

you could frame trap with K>K and hit them out of YRC startup

edit: oh i may have misunderstood you. you mean like block low then yrc during the time you would be in blockstun if leo had done K?

then just delay your normal. leo can beat whatever you do, it's just that then you have options to beat what he's doing to beat you.

hence rps. it's not nice and even like rps, and in some situations leo has to bait stuff super hard but it's essentially rps (with a lot more than 3 possible options)

If bt.K gets IBd, the opponent can YRC and block in time for another bt.K, yes you can delay bt.K to beat that OS, but it beats every other option Leo has, it's not really RPS because when you know what to do, you almost never have to worry about bt.H and bt.D, which are the damaging starters in stance, bt.K doesn't lead to much damage outside of very specific situations (corner with 50% meter).

Like Zidane said in his overview video, it's a guessing game that doesn't favor Leo at all, once you opponent knows what to do, you have to hard read everytime.

I keep seeing people talking about how Leo does so much damage, am I missing something? Outside of the insane damage from his BT super, I just don't see him doing much.

You too? Honestly he does more than average midscreen from 5H and CH fS/2S thanks to rekkas, but that's nowhere near things like Ram's CH fS damage, outside of that and the BT super, he does decent to good damage overall, but it doesn't strike me as really high.

I specified it isn't even chance rps. I never said its in Leos favor. I'm just saying Leo has answers, its not like he's helpless. You just have to go hard

And what would that offensive OS be? I never saw anyone talk about that in the Leo forums and I can't think of one myself.

Hit up Zidane on Twitter (@Zidanel33t). I created some anti-Leo OS tech and he came up with OS's to counter. Some directly focusing against Faust 5D & Backdash.

Well you can bait the delay 2P one with counter like I said, but low block delay neutral YRC pretty much beats everything you can do from stance if not done after a throw knockdown, I think he would just need a bit longer knockdowns overall to set decent stance mixups that couldn't be OSed too easely, but I really doubt we'll get that.

He actually NEEDS longer KD to set up at least respectable Oki. You can only hope. RPS for a GG char is really weird, and the conditioning level involved is nuts. 

Not everyone is on DL frequently, especially Josh. And I don't play Leo so...

Honestly a lot gets dumped onto Twitter first and transferred to the Forums second.

I specified it isn't even chance rps. I never said its in Leos favor. I'm just saying Leo has answers, its not like he's helpless. You just have to go hard

We do agree on that, I don't have a problem with doing reads for mixups, actually, it's just I think it's a bit too much with Leo.

Hit up Zidane on Twitter (@Zidanel33t). I created some anti-Leo OS tech and he came up with OS's to counter. Some directly focusing against Faust 5D & Backdash.

Thanks, just done that, for those two things I know you can bt.K then OS YRC when the meter is between 25-49%, and that will give bt.K > bt.P on block or hit, but maybe he has other things.

I keep seeing people talking about how Leo does so much damage, am I missing something? Outside of the insane damage from his BT super, I just don't see him doing much.

A lot of people like to mash against him for some reason and end up getting blown up by CH confirms, so that may be the reason.

PS3 is $20 and PS4 is $24 on PSN flash sale for GG Xrd at the time of this posting. If you have friends who wanted to buy the game, now's the time to tell them to step on it! 

I figured this counts as news so I posted it here.

PS3 is $20 and PS4 is $24 on PSN flash sale for GG Xrd at the time of this posting. If you have friends who wanted to buy the game, now's the time to tell them to step on it! 

I figured this counts as news so I posted it here.

On one hand, awesome that more people will pick it now. But on the other, I have this terrible feeling that the game bombed hard everywhere. :(