Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Will they be getting rid of Danger Time (or at least fixing that nonsense)?

They'll do so once they see you find something remotely cool off a Mortal with Leo. I sure couldn't.

How is this paucity of information from the loketests even possible?

Yeah, there was a good flow of information after the first loketest and even the second one, so far not much from this third one. 

Yeah, there was a good flow of information after the first loketest and even the second one, so far not much from this third one. 

Is there any sort of embargo or whatever on loketests? I vaguely remember there being something like that with the first ever loketests of Xrd. Although I doubt they'd suddenly start getting stingy with info after 2 loketests.

Since danger time is random, is could be removed by lowering the rate to 0%.  Other than that though, it's here to stay.

Just wish ppl would let the danger thing go. Its there..it doesnt happen alot..just deal w it and quit asking for it to be removed there is alot more that we can talk about....like baikens return lol

Danger time is an universal hated game mechanic that every player wants removed.

Maybe the loctest patch is so good people play instead of tweeting?

I personally think danger time should be tweaked to be a sort of extreme version of getting the guard bar cranked ALL the way up, and only affect the person who's guard bar is up. Also in general I think guard bar needs to grow just a little bit quicker than it does now.

Feel free to sit there but I'm going in. It's supposed to be risky/rewarding, this is more or less a random mechanic literally than a dumb one Imo.

Just watching the slides (in english) gives a higher appreciation for the work put in Xrd and why it looks so pretty.

Just wish ppl would let the danger thing go. Its there..it doesnt happen alot..just deal w it and quit asking for it to be removed there is alot more that we can talk about....like baikens return lol

Very much agree.  In general it actually seems to screw up more combos than it assists/enables.  Also while functionally different at least...

2cdfhgy.jpg

Never heard of someone wining or losing a tournament because of danger time.

Anyway I heard that Axl's rensen YRC was removed in the 2nd loketest.

If that so. Then it's back now.

Clash a non jump cancelable move against Potemkin and trigger Danger Time when you're a character that doesn't have a frame-1 airborne or throw invul attack.  Good luck not getting Pot Bustered after the 3-2-1-Go.  If it was just a regular clash the Pot would have to predict it to take advantage of the clash, which would be risky considering that he'd otherwise special cancel into a throw on block if there was no clash and whiff because of the restriction on throwing someone that's in block stun.

You can tell that they tried to implement it in a way that randomly adds "danger" without skewing things too far toward either player, but there are still some minor things like this that can come up.  The 3-2-1-Go is necessary to give a fair chance to react and plan for the sudden change in risk/reward, but the extra time to react causes a problem in that very specific situation since Pot Buster is fast enough to beat pokes and has enough range that it'll work in plenty of instances where clashes would occur.

*Edit*

I think overall people are more annoyed with the random factor involved with it activating than what it does.  If this happened every time on a clash, you'd know to zone your moves differently if you wanted to intentionally trigger it or avoid triggering it.

Relevant:

For the record, Ishiwatari outright said it's meant to be jarring and nonsensical, recalling older FGs like Samurai Shodown where you'd suddenly find yourself mashing for dear life because of a mechanic you weren't expecting at that moment.

Whether or not that's a good idea is debatable, but he and Pachi did also talk about the train of thought that lead to how it is now.

can't wait for the interesting player statistics at evo this year. "time spent in danger time vs. time spent in fafnir hitstop"

I'm actually more annoyed by people that bitch about Danger Time than Danger Time itself. Like, yeah, I get it; it's not great. But it's there. You bitching about it on forums or every time it happens onscreen doesn't make me think of you as someone "better" than a bad mechanic. Just makes me think of you as a whiny little bitch. 

- Kimosabae