Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Back to discussions that Actually Matter - regarding gameplay - Recently I-no players have found that they have not been getting repelled, even with the new Projectile Blitz change.

Here is evidence.

According to a Twitter convo between Hasegawa, Ogawa, and Rokka:

Hasegawa's theory is that there is 2F of invul post YRC, and that the Blitz projectile repel active frames is only 1F long, so within that overlap, I-no is not getting repelled, Regardless of Distance. Ogawa was making a comparison to Burst Blitz, but that is an entirely different property/situation, which has not been seen yet on video.

More needs to be tested, but Ogawa wants to blow up projectile Blitz as much as possible. 

-Mynus

Source: https://twitter.com/hasegawaino/status/578903673314488321

Can you guys be nice to each other please? All I ask ;w;

Actual gameplay and news discussion from this post down please. Arguing about patch notes stops now please.

Back to discussions that Actually Matter - regarding gameplay - Recently I-no players have found that they have not been getting repelled, even with the new Projectile Blitz change.

Here is evidence.

Source: https://twitter.com/hasegawaino/status/578903673314488321

the invul on YRC is frame 6, and then there's time freeze, then you get another frame of invul, so it's effectively 2f of invul after 5f of startup.

you probably have to YRC 5 or 6f before the opponent gets up, regardless of VCL startup or whatever, and line up the 2f window with the first frame the opponent can act. it'll be like meatying with a 6f startup 2f active move

this is strange though, does blitz not repel DPs? I can't actually recall. Or maybe projectile blitz works different for confirming the rejected state since it's proximity based. might be like throw range (as opposed to like leo counter) and so you can invul through it since you dont have a hurtbox in range.

Is it consistent? Seems like you'd have to YRC just at the right time (or get lucky) since the invul isnt until frame 6. I suppose I-no and maybe Millia or OTG Sol setups are the only ones really affected by this... actually has there been any word about what Bedman's A' does when blitz'd?

so instead of saying this you decided to tell people that  it's their fault for living in America and arcsys doesn't care about them.

good move, well played

I sincerely think that people took this the wrong way. It's pretty obvious to me that English is not their first language. What I got from that was that it was a Japanese location test and the notes were made for the players attending who happen to be overwhelmingly Japanese. I don't feel that what they meant to say is "the game is made for Japanese people, not Americans.".

So quick to grab pitchforks...

Aside from Golenrody and the Mikado twitch, does anyone know of anywhere else that will be showing/capturing 1.10 play this early into release?

ino YRCs VCL on f7, slayer blitzs on f11, YRC screen freeze happens on f12. D:

also, i was able to reproduce this with leo's counter... he does the counter attack and it dead ass whiffs completely unless i manually jump into it post-yrc. lol

ino YRCs VCL on f7, slayer blitzs on f11, YRC screen freeze happens on f12. D:

also, i was able to reproduce this with leo's counter... he does the counter attack and it dead ass whiffs completely unless i manually jump into it post-yrc. lol

oh what it dodges leo counter as well? leo can counter moves that are invul though. how weird.

Back to discussions that Actually Matter - regarding gameplay - Recently I-no players have found that they have not been getting repelled, even with the new Projectile Blitz change.

Here is evidence.

Source: https://twitter.com/hasegawaino/status/578903673314488321

My friend did a video about this 2 frame invincibility around a week ago.

https://youtu.be/8VWyv-D1ip0

oh what it dodges leo counter as well? leo can counter moves that are invul though. how weird.

i reckon it has something to do with the super flash as opposed to invul per se

i reckon it has something to do with the super flash as opposed to invul per se

In case of invincible moves.

The hurtbox disappear first then the hitbox appear then the hurtbox reappear.

That's why you can BS them.

It's the opposite in case of Attack YRC where a the hurtbox disappear after the appearance of the hitbox.

Can we speak about patch-notes about 1.04? Seems like it dropped today, online matches seems to start faster and lobbies have a clock now in the upper left corner! Does anyone have patchnotes for this patch? I recon it's just netcode fixes but would be nice to read.

Is it consistent? Seems like you'd have to YRC just at the right time (or get lucky) since the invul isnt until frame 6. I suppose I-no and maybe Millia or OTG Sol setups are the only ones really affected by this... actually has there been any word about what Bedman's A' does when blitz'd?

It has been consistent so far. So far Hasegawa, Otouto, and Rokka have confirmed. Highly doubt that it is tied to throw range since Slayer's is already above average, and every instance they note that they were point blank. Ain chimed in that Sol's 2D> 2K OTG> GF YRC setup is also Blitz safe, but this is most likely tied to the range that the OTG push back causes.

Can we speak about patch-notes about 1.04? Seems like it dropped today, online matches seems to start faster and lobbies have a clock now in the upper left corner! Does anyone have patchnotes for this patch? I recon it's just netcode fixes but would be nice to read.

Present For You

EDIT: NInja'd. You win this round!

It has been consistent so far. So far Hasegawa, Otouto, and Rokka have confirmed. Highly doubt that it is tied to throw range since Slayer's is already above average, and every instance they note that they were point blank. Ain chimed in that Sol's 2D> 2K OTG> GF YRC setup is also Blitz safe, but this is most likely tied to the range that the OTG push back causes.

I was about to say that in the Sol forum.

Yh i kept doing otg into gunflame YRC and my opponent wasn't able to do anything.

Until once I did a will spaced KD into GF YRC Oki and got rejected.

In case of invincible moves.

The hurtbox disappear first then the hitbox appear then the hurtbox reappear.

That's why you can BS them.

It's the opposite in case of Attack YRC where a the hurtbox disappear after the appearance of the hitbox.

That's my point, its weird that YRC dodges counter because the counter still catches people who are midinvul

That's my point, its weird that YRC dodges counter because the counter still catches people who are midinvul

It won't because there is no hurtbox that would trigger the getting rejected event.

**And CL is a projectile that isn't a part of the character's hitbox.**

It's almost like there is no one to interact with during these 2 frames.

**Edit actually I was wrong .

What they did here is that that they made BS actor react to the projectiles hitbox the same way it react to a normal hitbox if the character's throwbox (since it's usually bigger than the hurtbox) is near by.

But still just like my in friend's video.

Even the throw box disappear during the 2 frames inv of YRC.

So it won't trigger any event.

It won't because there is no hurtbox that would trigger the getting rejected event.

And CL is a projectile that isn't a part of the character's hitbox.

It's almost like there is no one to interact with during these 2 frames.

Yes, my point is counter catches people if theyre close when the projectile hits the counter, and it ignores invul like dps and burst. So it seems strange to me that it doesn't ignore YRC invul.

It was just a 'oh that's weird' comment. Because it ignores invul and doesn't care if the hitbox is disjoint from the character.

Yes, my point is counter catches people if theyre close when the projectile hits the counter, and it ignores invul like dps and burst. So it seems strange to me that it doesn't ignore YRC invul.

It was just a 'oh that's weird' comment. Because it ignores invul and doesn't care if the hitbox is disjoint from the character.

Just like i told you before invincibility comes before the attack in inv moves.

But it comes after the attack in CL YRC.

Just like i told you before invincibility comes before the attack in inv moves.

But it comes after the attack in CL YRC.

And why would that make a difference mechanics wise, you're not providing an explanation

I directly checked in training mode with Leo and I-no (in 1.0 obviously) and it seems that no matter how fast I try to do VCL YRC, she still gets caught before the YRC even kicks in. Currently using Leo and having I-no as the training dummy. Tried with jump forward VCL YRC and hover dash VCL YRC. Also made I-no do a third pattern where she does jump forward VCL YRC but VCL whiffs.
In those three situations, I-no was hit by the followup attack everytime.

Am I doing something wrong here or maybe they either nerfed Leo's counter or changed how YRC invul works ?

Edit: Guess he meant he did it in 1.0 and not 1.1. Must have been me then.

Leo doesn't care about anything. If you are in range for the counter attack to trigger nothing will save you. Its basically just an unblockable attack that is unavoidable if you are in its range.