Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

@KoozebanianFazoob:  Thanks for the explanation.  That clears up a lot.

@greatfernman:  Yeah, I can't get consistent repro either.

Ok, I guess this is good news.  Hopefully the tweaks to the input buffer in 1.1 don't make it any easier.

*Edit*

So...  6H > plink K+S.  Attempts throw, if fails does neutral YRC.  This one is really easy to do.

If you want to tick throw someone you can do this to catch them jumping away.  Seems kind of expensive, but might work for some characters that don't have good alternate options among 5H/6H/c.S/6P/5K/6K for throw OS.

So has anyone tried downloading the 1.03 update? For some reason I can't download it,every time I try it just stays at 0%. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit:Nevermind just tried it again and it worked.

So has anyone tried downloading the 1.03 update? For some reason I can't download it,every time I try it just stays at 0%. Has anyone else had this problem?

No I just downloaded it right now when I booted the game. 

What is it for? Hopefully those changes from the arcade update?

No I just downloaded it right now when I booted the game. 

What is it for? Hopefully those changes from the arcade update?

I think it's just supposed to be netplay improvements if I remember correctly.

About BlitzShield in 1.1... how does it work on stuff like I-No's Note projectile or Sin's Voltec Dein or Ky's Sacred Edge?

You can't blitz supers at all so Voltic Dein and Sacred Edge would counterhit you straight off.

You can't blitz supers at all so Voltic Dein and Sacred Edge would counterhit you straight off.

Plus, Blitzing I-no's note won't affect her since she is not near enough to be affected by the blitz blowback. Only time this would come into play is if she YRCs the note and dashes in alongside/in front of it, then she would be close enough to Blitz.

Still a huge gamble, which if you've been watching 1.1 I-no vids, usually costs the opponent the round by guessing wrong/getting baited.

What's the new patch for? Also just go to notification and downloads, it preps for download first maybe that's why you're at 0%.

Has anyone find out anything about what the 1.3 patch has to offer?

I think you mean 1.03? It's all network/QoL stuff and bug fixes. Nothing regards to gameplay.

Has anyone find out anything about what the 1.3 patch has to offer?

It's just bug fixes. Nothing related to any character.

I think you mean 1.03? It's all network/QoL stuff and bug fixes. Nothing regards to gameplay.

Reduction of lag? Or just a different way of packet transffer?

Since a few people have been asking these are the 1.03 changes,nothing really special just a some netplay changes and a few other things.

Various bug fixes and additional functions will be added in a patch that releases during March.
Here are the details:

Various Fixes
Network
- Improved the cross-platform play stability
Player Match
- Fixed the issue where your MOM character's level was displayed incorrectly
- Fixed the issue that you could only rarely play with some players (?)
Trophies
- Fixed the issue that you couldn't earn the Trophy "Single" (*Those who have failed to get it, will earn the Trophy by fighting a one match)
System Voices
- DLC System Voices are now adjusted, so they are easier to hear.
Library
- Fixed typos and omissions

Improved Functions
Network Lobby
- Increased amount of Beginner Lobbies, changed the Lobbies place in the list
- Added a function that forces you out of Lobby if you stand-by (No inputs) for too long. When you've been in stand-by for 5 mins, your avatar will turn sideways and after 15 mins it'll exit the Lobby
 Ranked Match
- We changed the Waiting function so that it doesn't briefly stop as often.
Player Match Room
- Added voices that tell when it's your turn to fight
- You can now quickly move back to Waiting Area by pressing the X button (Most probably O button in the localized version)
- Voice Chat is now forced off once you enter a Voice Chat Banned room
- You can now change character while you're seated on fighter seat
- Date and time is now displayed on the top of the screen
Player Match
- Font size and scroll-speed of the Comment function are now optimized
Ranking
- Added a menu that let's you retrieve a player's profile
Replay Theater
- You can now skip the victory animations while watching a Replay
Option
- Removed the function to reset your D-Code

_____

More importantly, that text lists that another patch will be released later this year.
This patch will have 1.10 balance, support for the tournament app, added "Room Disband Notice" function for the Room Owner, and added "Random" option to System Voices.

They also write they have found a way to fix the issues with PS4 Rank Match search, but it'll take some time and they are not sure if it'll make in time for that patch...

So Ishiwatari attending AX means that he might attend Evo also.

Which probably means that we might get an announcement regarding the next Xrd game.

Which probably means that we might get an announcement regarding the next Xrd game.

I so hope they just let 1.1 run its course. They could concentrate on making BlazBlue Xrd, or GGGraphic novel, or GGxBB dating sim or ASW brand coffee makers, as long as it keeps them from shuffling the balance again and again.

I so hope they just let 1.1 run its course. They could concentrate on making BlazBlue Xrd, or GGGraphic novel, or GGxBB dating sim or ASW brand coffee makers, as long as it keeps them from shuffling the balance again and again.

How about concentrating on bringing some more GG-veterans back.

How about concentrating on bringing some more GG-veterans back.

They wouldn't put in more characters without additional balance changes. I'd love to see an update with new characters two years from now, but they shouldn't set that as the new priority.

(Yes, I know that save for war or conflagration there's no way they won't update the game within a year, but hey I can dream)

Besides we already have a sizeable, varied roster. There's more than enough characters to pick someone new.

Besides we already have a sizeable, varied roster. There's more than enough characters to pick someone new.

I'm already picking new guys, i'm just saying..

instead of doing something like a GGxBB dating sim that noone profits from they could also throw in some more well-liked characters without any balance changes to the rest of the cast (if we're just messing around with unrealistic scenarios we would prefer...)

*ahem* But not to detract from any real news *leave*

Or they'll announce 1.1 coming out to consoles  :eng101:

Or they'll announce 1.1 coming out to consoles  :eng101:

Only thing better than that would be if he announced that as of the time of announcement the patch is released :D

one thing worth investigating for all you arcsys trivia bowl champions: in the previous guilty gear, if a projectile and a physical attack (e.g. drill special + j.K) collide on the same frame, the physical attack will hit first, and then the projectile will hit on the next frame.

but blitz shield causes the opposite behavior apparently???

simple test. in the corner, have a millia dummy do 2D xx H disc into immediate haircar. do a standing blitz, and the disc gets rejected while haircar remains active. wtf?

here's the big implication. if zato does the unblockable and drill special is meaty ('done correctly'), you can low blitz and not worry about the overhead at all. quick testing on my end confirms this, but without a capture card I can't be 100% sure I meatied the overhead properly. if you're bored I think this is worth checking out!

if you have a friend (or maybe it's doable alone?) you can do it in veruses then watch the replay and frame skip thru it,

@SuperJ

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.  If the Drill and the j.K hit on the same frame, you block low first, then high.  Also, I'm pretty sure that once BS has rejected something you go into an invincible state that lasts until the recovery ends.  That's why there's a tutorial that teaches you to BS through the buzz saw and reversal throw Zato's pressure.  I could be wrong though.

But yeah, it's honestly not that hard to practice.  Use a simple Damned Fang > Drill setup, but get 2 separate recordings.  One normal one, and one with a YRC right before the Unblockable (like when he tries to bait a DP).  You'd want to learn to adjust your timing on reaction to block/BS both versions.  If you can do a 1-frame link you can block the unblockable.  Row row fight the powah.