Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

In older Guilty gears, the longer the character takes priority over the projectile (drill) in this situation.  So a low BS would not affect the situation.  Not sure how it works now.

yeah when I tested yesterday I did damned > unblockable and noticed the low hit first. it seems like they switched the simultaneous attack priority in Xrd and it's not just a blitz shield quirk :v

+R works the opposite way, as destin says - on certain characters (can't remember who), if johnny does 2D(1) xx upcoin and meaties the opponent, the coin will actually whiff, whereas it would hit if you do nothing. lol

I play slayer so I usually bdc jump against my local zato, but when I think about it, after taking air FD into account, it's still better meter-wise to low blitz. if your reversals are on point I almost feel like there's no reason not to low blitz. traditionally, XX eddie could delay the overhead to make the low hit first but this no longer appears to be the case in Xrd

Nage just ocved 4 teams in a row and won the 3v3 tournament @ mikado today.

Those teams had players like Hase. Last team he ocved was Sharon, Karinchu and FAB.

Nage just ocved 4 teams in a row and won the 3v3 tournament @ mikado today.

Those teams had players like Hase. Last team he ocved was Sharon, Karinchu and FAB.

Daaamn!

It seems almost every iteration of GG had Faust at least mid to high tier.

Im surprised RF doesn't play GG anymore. Godlike Faust.

Daaamn!

It seems almost every iteration of GG had Faust at least mid to high tier.

Im surprised RF doesn't play GG anymore. Godlike Faust.

RF won IGT2015 last weekend.

It's just an exhibition matches against foreigner players.

I was the first to go down.

I was sad. You got such a beautiful CH 6HS but didn't blow up May with it ;-;

I hate character crisis. I really like Millia, but I'm not good enough at the game to really excel with her and I'm thinking I might see more success by switching to Ky.

`If you're not confident in yourself when it comes to Xrd, Millia is probably the character you should be playing. 

-Kimosabae

Hm?

Millia is pretty safe and you can just keep pressing buttons. It's a good beginner oki character for people who don't actually understand how oki works. She's easy to learn but as you get better with her, you'll learn more and more oki options.

Millia is pretty safe and you can just keep pressing buttons. It's a good beginner oki character for people who don't actually understand how oki works. She's easy to learn but as you get better with her, you'll learn more and more oki options.

I think they call that Ky Kiske.

I disagree, but maybe I'm biased because I play Ky. You can learn Millia in about 15-20 minutes. You basically need one combo that helps corner carry and a basic understanding of oki. Learn to IAD j.d and make sure you always end your BnBs with j.H. Know that Tandem Top initiates your high/low game, make sure whatever you hit them with ends in j.H, initiate the vortex, wash, rinse, repeat. 

Ky's BnB might be simple but he suffers from the Ryu syndrome of people just being too familiar with his tools and despite being an oki character, his oki isn't anywhere near as straight-forward or just plain good as a lot of characters. 

If his j.S wasn't trash in this version, maybe we'd be having a different conversation.

I disagree, but maybe I'm biased because I play Ky. You can learn Millia in about 15-20 minutes. You basically need one combo that helps corner carry and a basic understanding of oki. Learn to IAD j.d and make sure you always end your BnBs with j.H. Know that Tandem Top initiates your high/low game, make sure whatever you hit them with ends in j.H, initiate the vortex, wash, rinse, repeat.

Ky's BnB might be simple but he suffers from the Ryu syndrome of people just being too familiar with his tools and despite being an oki character, his oki isn't anywhere near as straight-forward or just plain good as a lot of characters.

If his j.S wasn't trash in this version, maybe we'd be having a different conversation.

This is hilarious.

Millia definitely has a higher margin of error to learn than Ky, I don't even know how that's being debated. Ky's amazing normals can carry you through many matchups by themselves even if you're just learning him, not to mention he doesn't bleed like hell every time he gets hit. Obviously Millia has the superior oki, but Ky's is nothing to scoff at either - you're still forced to respect whatever he's doing no matter how basic the mixup is. Just getting the opponent to sit still on wake-up is effective enough.

The opponent doesn't begin knocked down at the start of the round. The Millia earned the knockdown in the first place by winning the neutral, which you won't learn by just grinding out in training mode.

Why is Ky even being brought into this discussion for comparison? There's no doubt Ky has a great neutral game, the point that was being made was, ultimately, Millia is not that hard to learn, but like Vash pointed out, has a higher margin of error. Her defense is almost non-existent so at a beginner level, you can get away with quite a few mistakes (assuming you're playing against other beginners) since they may not be able to capitalize on said mistakes, but you can easily get blown up for 3/4s of your health if you're not careful as you move on up. Hence, "easy to learn, hard to master". Her execution is not that difficult compared to a lot of other characters. You still have to eventually learn the variety of mix-up and pressure options she has to truly get good with the character.

You know what? Ky or Millia, blondes just want to have fun. Press buttons.

While Millia is definitely easier to pick up in this version, I kind of have to side with king of heart. Ky too ez. Vashimus makes a good point in that it is much easier to force respect with Ky's oki, which is generally a higher priority against most newer players, who tend to be a little too eager to fight back.

Ky can only easy mode you up to like, middle high.  After that I think he hits a wall where you better know your neutral very well. 

That being said, I would never line millia up with the easy characters... I mean, her oki is easy, but her neutral is actually pretty difficult!