Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I wonder how long the US version will have to wait, 1.04 took a few weeks.

looks like old replays will work, which is awesome!

ICPM camera bug fixed lol

Wow, that was abrupt.  I feel like Arcsys just threw our collective Burst.

But no, that was just the unexpected oki super.  The Burst throw comes after they officially announce Johnny + Jam at Anime Expo, which is the first Burstable hit in the combo, followed by the burst throw at Evo in the form of "also the rest of the old cast is returning + Gabriel in Xrderderd which releases this winter".

The name Xrderderd is actually them Slashbacking our Burst before the throw.  Because they can.

Cool on more bug fixes.  That always makes me happy.  Any other important notes in their post?  Is Challenge Mode going to be reworked to account for the game play changes?

I have a feeling they named it 1.05 so 1.1 will come with a new character or 2? then 2.0 will be the new $39.99 version. lol

I have a feeling they named it 1.05 so 1.1 will come with a new character or 2? then 2.0 will be the new $39.99 version. lol

I don't want Xrd 2.0

I want Xrd #Reload

Seems odd this would release so close to Texas Showdown, since it's this weekend.  Wonder what they'll do about it?

Seems odd this would release so close to Texas Showdown, since it's this weekend. Wonder what they'll do about it?

Since the release is for the Japanese version only, I doubt Arc cared.

Great news. Nerf them strawberries.

"Japanese version only"? Well when's the patch for other versions coming/why is it not worldwide?

Edit: I'm not actually assuming this is the case.

"Japanese version only"? Well when's the patch for other versions coming/why is it not worldwide?

Edit: I'm not actually assuming this is the case.

I'd hope it works out to be worldwide, obviously the other patches were bug fixes and some quality of life changes that had 2 weeks between them But I'm curious how this patch would work if they didn't update the US versions as well, would netplay lobbies be segregated? What would happen if two players using 2 versions tried to fight? Could lobbies even be instanced for separate versions?

Can't wait. 

edit: I'd like to point out that I'm pretty sure ASW understands that their games will be imported and played outside of Japan, hence the english text update that was released on day 1 that seemed to cater towards importers, so I'm curious if they prepared for that.

Maybe it'll have the option to toggle between 1.0 and 1.1 balance like the +R port did. Functional 1.0 replays sort of suggest that. Shouldn't make any difference for tourneys that aren't happening this exact weekend, though.

Can't wait to K-Pile nerfed Ram until she flies out the side of the god damn TV.

I'd hope it works out to be worldwide, obviously the other patches were bug fixes and some quality of life changes that had 2 weeks between them But I'm curious how this patch would work if they didn't update the US versions as well, would netplay lobbies be segregated? What would happen if two players using 2 versions tried to fight? Could lobbies even be instanced for separate versions?

Can't wait. 

edit: I'd like to point out that I'm pretty sure ASW understands that their games will be imported and played outside of Japan, hence the english text update that was released on day 1 that seemed to cater towards importers, so I'm curious if they prepared for that.

There will probably be a post going up in english some time thursday. They're not going to be making announcements when America is asleep.

edit:re: version toggle

"This patch after application will not be able to return the balance adjustment version to the previous version ."

Pineberry is far from castrated. Just not total OP BS now.

Also, Leo seems to be worse than we initially thought him to be. Kinda the same as with his original console release. He definitely got better, but I'd argue not good enough to stand up to *gulp* new Slayer or Axl.

Any word if the patch will include new Challenges? That'll be good since some characters like I-No and Bedman will have new combo routes.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1535

The game plus the Elphelt and Leo DLCs are on sale for 30% off for a week on the JP PSN store. Apparently to celebrate the soon approaching release of the tournament phone app they promised ages ago.

I'm curious about that app, IIRC it's only going to work with the PS4 version, right? I remember reading about it sometime before release, but haven't seen a word on it since.

I'm curious about that app, IIRC it's only going to work with the PS4 version, right? I remember reading about it sometime before release, but haven't seen a word on it since.

Yes, only for the PS4 version. Apparently it allows for some rather silly tournament ideas.