Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

So I've just discovered that voices may still be posing an issue for online.

I have the PS3 HK copy currently and had my voices set to default (Jap) and was ONLY getting 12f delay vs everyone I played. Mind you, I have 60 down 65 up and I am hardwired.

I just decided to switch my voices over to English and so far I have consistently had 5-6f delay matches.

Being that I have HK copy, my game has not received the update from today, so maybe this is somewhat of a fix?

Edit: I do know that the voice issue was supposedly fixed so maybe I'm just a random case.

Its fucking amazing that companies still dont have this shit figured out. Like seriously, instead of spending all that time on developing ONE new character, just develop the netcode and matchmaking for christs fucking sake. Hell they can sell me the new netcode like its a character anti will fucking buy that shit if its good rollback stuff. I'm constantky pissed off by these companies that only test netcode in japan and yet sell the game worldwide. Fucking stupid.

They patched the netcode twice within 20 days, what more do you want? they are working on it.

If this was their first rodeo you would have a point. But i dont know how many online fighting games they've released as a company, but its definitely over 5, probably over 10 and approaching over 20. So... What more do i want?

Them to get it right on their +20th try would be a good start especially when the technology to make it better has been around for years and has only gotten better as internet speeds and computer technology has gotten better across the globe. Better matchmaking would be a further improvement so that Canadians arent playing against japanese in ranked unless both parties specifically want to do that, being able to release in australia/Europe/ the english speaking countries simultaneously would be pretty good as well, them not selling dlc a week after the game drops would be cool because it would show them having good planning and being a professional company that can hit timeline goals of a pre Christmas launch without sacrificing content, them not releasing a new "update" every year that costs the price of another full game and only having 2 new characters (that we have to pay extra for) would be good as well.

These things arent even hard to accomplish, with the exception of the timeline goal, fighting games have accomplished all these things. No one has been able to do it all though and it seems like the companies are happy with "barely mediocre" rather than "blazing a new trail and setting the new standard" and it isnt a hard standard to set... Its right there in front of their eyes begging for improvement. This is no "how do we improve our product/where do we go from here" situation. The way forward is as followable as the yellow brick road and probably has dividends as great to the first AAA fighting game maker that does it... Which is one of the HUGE reasons why its disappointing to see arcsys fail on it. They could become the standard bearer, and i personally would like to see them do it rather than capcom as a way to actually compete with the fighting game juggernaut that is streetfighter... But it seems they are very content in their mediocrity... And thats annoying as hell when we the players are the ones who suffer.

Sorry for my rant... But yeah... There's certainly a lot more i could ask for and there's a lot more that i EXPECT, than what today's fighting game companies are delivering.

Having played with the game for a few days, the new RC system is too fucking perfect. Worlds better than FRCs.

Downside is that Danger Time still sucks and inputs are REALLY stiff even compared to #Reload (632146 is impossible to do backwards for me which was never a problem in any game).

Other than that, what a game. The whole game, especially the RCs, exceeded my really high expectations (The story even reaches the dizzying heights of being basically okay).

I have the Xmas colors and the color pack, and I have the US version. Only the PS Plus colors aren't out yet.

They patched the netcode twice within 20 days, what more do you want? they are working on it.

They shipped with basically unacceptable online. I still cannot invite a friend to my room on ps4, they have to search some code in the player matches to find it.(Fun Fact: You cannot ship an xbox multiplayer game without this feature.)

GGPO has existed since like, 2007. It is by far the best online, and it becomes immediately obvious how good it is once you try it. Developers of major games just refuse to adopt it for some reason (From what I understand it is mostly "We didn't develop it" rather than "We can't support it" which is pretty dumb).

I mean, the game is great but the online is so so bad. Xrd gameplay: A, online: F-, Overall C+

They shipped with basically unacceptable online. I still cannot invite a friend to my room on ps4, they have to search some code in the player matches to find it.(Fun Fact: You cannot ship an xbox multiplayer game without this feature.)

GGPO has existed since like, 2007. It is by far the best online, and it becomes immediately obvious how good it is once you try it. Developers of major games just refuse to adopt it for some reason (From what I understand it is mostly "We didn't develop it" rather than "We can't support it" which is pretty dumb).

I mean, the game is great but the online is so so bad. Xrd gameplay: A, online: F-, Overall C+

after the netcode patch the invite thing is the only thing that sucks about ps4. the search code thing simply doesnt work. at all. the netcode is actually better after the ps3 patch to the point where i cant tell if theresan input bufer now or something, it feels so much less bad.

I really don't understand why the online is an f- to you lol. You do realize there's other games with way worse online out there, right?

It's like, you're a teacher and cause one kid got a 100 in his test, every other kid who didn't get a 100 but maybe got 95 instantly gets a zero cause if this one kid got 100 so should every other kid. This is not how grading is supposed to work lol.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1363

Patch coming for JP versions (PS3 and PS4) on the 26th.

-Increased stability in all netplay matches
-Optimised delay in netplay matches
-Added ability to reset R-Code on PS4
-Fixed an issue where with Bedman certain colours will show up as different colours.
-Fixed issues with misprints and omitted characters/words.

It's like, you're a teacher and cause one kid got a 100 in his test, every other kid who didn't get a 100 but maybe got 95 instantly gets a zero cause if this one kid got 100 so should every other kid. This is not how grading is supposed to work lol.

If it's set to a standard, yes it is. If to get a 75% you have to get a certain score that demonstrates adequate knowledge on the subject, and suddenly your new class is full of dumbfucks who all get 40%, I'm not gonna fucking let those dumbfucks pass on into the next grade. They'll all fucking fail except that one kid who keeps getting 100. Fuck curves.

Also Xrd ain't no 95. I'll give it 60 tops.

If it's set to a standard, yes it is. If to get a 75% you have to get a certain score that demonstrates adequate knowledge on the subject, and suddenly your new class is full of dumbfucks who all get 40%, I'm not gonna fucking let those dumbfucks pass on into the next grade. They'll all fucking fail except that one kid who keeps getting 100. Fuck curves.

Also Xrd ain't no 95. I'll give it 60 tops.

No but this is his logic. It's either GGPO or F-. There's a WHOLE lot of variety between those two. F- would be like, SF4 or marvel 3 or something in the original xbox. Or console KoFXIII. Xrd is on par with BB and Persona which both at their time were praised for their online. That's not an F suddenly just because GGPO is awesome. That's as good as it was back then, which, is pretty good. To rank it lower just cause there's this new awesomer thing now doesn't make sense. In this case YOU are using a curve rating system and are rating everything else lower because one thing got stuff really right and screwed the curve.

I have my LE already and I must say I didn't have any problems playing with people in Ranked Match so far, yeah okay, it seems more difficult to actually be able to play against someone there, but when you do, I had pretty good connections compared to most of my games in Player Match, in one against a Pot player in Ranked Match it was supposedly 6f but way much better than others that I had in Player Match with the same delay or even lower, I guess it's just that Ranked Match doesn't allow you to have matches if the connection between the other player is going to be really poor, and of course, the more the players in a lobby the higher the chances to have a little more delay than usual.

How can you select the mirror palette colors outside mirror matches we were trying to experiment for no avail.

In Mission Mode Where Sol is the default dummy and you use Sol's palette 1, the dummy will have the Mirror palette.

When we switched to a different character in Mission mode, the Sol dummy retained the mirror palette..

anyway to play the mirror palette? Some like Millia's are really good.

Xrd is on par with BB and Persona which both at their time were praised for their online.

I never heard anyone praise either of those games for their online... nor am I sure that Xrd is quite as good as P4A1. 

Also F- is 50-53%. You can take it down to 10% for something like... er... Smash Bros. Brawl I guess. Using F- is redundant anyway. C- is already considered failing for college courses.

And no, I'm not grading on a curve - I have standards that aren't defined by "What is the best thing now - that get's 100% automatically". And besides technology being better now is a reason to adjust how one rates games of NOW. That's only logical - what are you gonna test students on material from decades ago and if they get questions on new findings wrong ignore it or something? (And nearly no tests exist where the curve is sent upward above 75% being a C for your analogy anyway.)

BTW I heard 3rd Strike GGPO was a hot mess.

How can you select the mirror palette colors outside mirror matches we were trying to experiment for no avail. 

In Mission Mode Where Sol is the default dummy and you use Sol's palette 1, the dummy will have the Mirror palette.

When we switched to a different character in Mission mode, the Sol dummy retained the mirror palette..

anyway to play the mirror palette? Some like Millia's are really good.

Paid DLC color 7.

I had my first proper online experience yesterday after fixing my local network, and I literally have zero qualms with it. Yes, I've been playing against the locals, but if the netcode was as bad as some people say, I couldn't have done even that.