Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

so the new blitz thing wasn't IK (despite them saying ichigeki) but a new blitz entirely? 6 or 8 blitz gives you that weird new shield and a counter attack?

edit: or actually the shield insignia thing is appearing after ky has been rejected so it may just be a follow up attack to blitz

or blitz just has a new shield animation and a follow up attack

This blitz, if I've been keeping up and reading correctly, grants mortal counter after a the new shield.

I think before I worry about someone stealing my Bursts via airthrow (which doesn't happen that often online, at least compared to my Burst mistakes), I'll be finding out more about how much "Burst Meter" these enhanced overdrives take up.

If they take up 100% Burst like Blue Bursts do... depending on how much of an enhancement you get, will decide if it's worth it or not.

Having Full Tension from Gold Burst might be better than spending Tension AND Burst to get more damage...

This blitz, from the last article, grants mortal counter after a the new shield.

That was an assumption. Like the assumption of an IK.

Having Full Tension from Gold Burst might be better than spending Tension AND Burst to get more damage...

because you can totally land a gold burst whenever you want

also IK was a more logical assumption than mortal because they used the word ichigeki iirc

Can anyone translate notes under BS screens in that scan? Sol's shown using an attack that i can't identify at all.

Can anyone translate notes under BS screens in that scan? Sol's shown using an attack that i can't identify at all.

same thing as the leak a few days back

Maybe she puts the mask on/off? Like a powerup/stance and that OD image is her activating it?

Idk its not really speculation, mostly just something I'd like to see

This was just rude and uncalled for. Nothing wrong w speculation and people getting excited or putting their opinions in.

It's an issue. People get out of hand and it clutters threads meant for information. If random joe was curious about the hubbub going on in GG right now, they could have a hard time finding what's true and what's just some random guess or wish. With new mechanics and characters, threads like this get very active and it can be hard for people to keep up with what's confirmed and what's speculation. Which leads to stuff like this:

This blitz, if I've been keeping up and reading correctly, grants mortal counter after a the new shield.

That was an assumption. Like the assumption of an IK.

So even if "rude," it wasn't uncalled for.

So here's something

If burst can be spent during the super freeze to boost an overdrive, that means you can actually confirm if the super will hit before spending your burst

I think that's pretty cool

It's an issue. People get out of hand and it clutters threads meant for information. If random joe was curious about the hubbub going on in GG right now, they could have a hard time finding what's true and what's just some random guess or wish. With new mechanics and characters, threads like this get very active and it can be hard for people to keep up with what's confirmed and what's speculation. Which leads to stuff like this:

So even if "rude," it wasn't uncalled for.

The thing is, the article explicitly used the word ichigeki, so it's not a baseless assumption at all to consider IKs.   For all we knew it was fact and not speculation, but now we don't know what the hell is going on with the new blitz mechanic.

This was just rude and uncalled for. Nothing wrong w speculation and people getting excited or putting their opinions in. Its not like we don't go back to talkin about game play and what not...relax lol

This isn't CNN. Make another thread for speculation and opinion. This is a NEWS and DISCUSSION thread; both of those words are defined by factual information. I had to read through 3 pages of unnecessary posts before I finally found one tiny post about Famitsu posting up high-resolution images and someone talking about the new burst mechanic.

So please. Stop. Mercy.

Did we even know about the new burst mechanic until the Famitsu article?

I wonder Ky's (Alternate) stage will be belong to Dizzy's next?

As I said earlier, I would never assume that new stage = new character, it's not uncommon at all for updated GG versions to redo stages.

Did we even know about the new burst mechanic until the Famitsu article?

As I said earlier, I would never assume that new stage = new character, it's not uncommon at all for updated GG versions to redo stages.

I understand what you mean.

So here's something

If burst can be spent during the super freeze to boost an overdrive, that means you can actually confirm if the super will hit before spending your burst

I think that's pretty cool

Can you, really? A few ODs have start-up after the super-flash, so you can't actually confirm whether you're going to hit or not unless the opponent is in the middle of something stupid.

According to the famitsu article beginner(stylish) mode ala BB is also making the move to GG. Check the rightmost screenshot on the top and the caption that comes with it.