Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Regardless lookin forward to see johnny and jack-o. Also I'm happy throw breaks are back. Long as it's the 1 to 2 frame window I'm fine w it. Also Daiske said game is 60% done. So thinkin at least 2 more chars will be coming. W summer release in jpn hopin will hit states soon (prolly not till winter :( )

It's not. It's there for consistency's sake. Which other color should you get if you cancel a move during its recovery and the opponent is in a neutral state?

PRC is more of a "you fucked up your timing" thing anyway, not something you can really take advantage of if you get it.

Why should you be able to cancel a whiffed move's recovery AT ALL? Give me a reason, and I'll stop

And the point of the location test is ?

To make make 1.0 Kokonoe a thing again.

But you know, ArcSys can do anything. Sad, but it's the truth

Why should you be able to cancel a whiffed move's recovery AT ALL? Give me a reason, and I'll stop

Why should you be able to cancel invincible moves on block even though they are supposed to be unsafe if baited?

Oh, because it costs a lot tension to do so?

Why should you be able to cancel invincible moves on block even though they are supposed to be unsafe if baited?

Oh, because it costs a lot tension to do so?

That's not even the same thing, you don't need to hit anything with prc. Whatever though

+Throw breaks

+No more DT

:yaaay:  That was quick. Didn't expect something like that in the second iteration.

However, Johnny's lack of divine blade make me sad, how am i supposed to anti anti-air and bait shit, also 3H... but who cares, he is back!

But you know, "Team BLUE" can do anything. Sad, but it's the truth

corrected your sentence

You realize that Kokonoe was a DLC character without any beta testing.

I wont blame you since you never seen loketest Bedman.

That's not even the same thing, you don't need to hit anything with prc. Whatever though

Yes and PRC is also a lot worse considering it costs the same.

I apologize for trying to bait stun dippers by jumping then.

Baiting stun dipper while your opponent has 50% meter. That isn't a problem with PRC, but with you baiting moves while they have 50% meter and expecting to punish them.

You realize that Kokonoe was a DLC character without any beta testing.

I wont blame you since you never seen loketest Bedman.

Kokonoe is an exception as she wasn't even finished when they released her (she didn't have her 4th distortion).

ASW was probably behind schedule but released her nonetheless without much thoughts.

Baiting stun dipper while your opponent has 50% meter. That isn't a problem with PRC, but with you baiting moves while they have 50% meter and expecting to punish them.

I mean if I jumped it and they didn't yrc (assuming prc wasn't there) they would have to hold that or burst. This is the the kind of stuff I am getting at.

Shouldn't GGXrd-REV- location test in Japan start later on tonight or tomorrow? All these worries and concerns can wait.
I guess we just stalk Japanese twitter later to see if they can confirm most of question we have right now. Hopefully someone can get in there and give us ninja footage too.

Jack-O' reminds me of Super Mario Bros. 2 / Wario's Woods style gameplay.

I never had a problem with Danger Time, but I hope it's not gone for good and optional at some point.  Any time a mechanic is lost or taken out, it's a loss for ARCSys if you ask me, as it had a potentially good idea but because of whiners and complainers it got quashed.

Throw Breaks will definitely make Bedman players less scary, probably, though it will also mean you can't throw Bedman out of stuff as often when he's in your face.  It should also somewhat salvage Burst throws from being a total loss.

"Chargeable" BlitzShield somewhat reminds me of Focus Attacks in Street Fighter IV, only less cancel-heavy and cancel-reliant.

Glad there's a notification when Burst ODs can be done.  Good warning for players on offense AND defense.

R.I.P. Johnny's Ensenga... that move has some Samurai Showdown history... and May stole it! lol

Johnny's mist stance follow ups are listed similarly to Zato's summon follow ups. Which might mean that he cancel stance into any of the 3 mist finers, and that would be awesome.

Wow I don't remember hating PRC being a thing. It would only be really stupid if you could do it after invincible moves, which is specifically why things like VV don't allow you to YRC or PRC. But yeah, there's a reason they have the longest startup out of all the versions of RC, sometimes they screw you over even when you do them at the "right" time.

My idealistic side does not like throw breaks, but realistically I don't care cuz Wild Throw.

AC/MB-style throw breaks are fine. But BB/Persona-style throw breaks are a terrible idea. I can only hope the throw breaks here end up being more like the former and not like the latter.

"Chargeable" BlitzShield somewhat reminds me of Focus Attacks in Street Fighter IV, only less cancel-heavy and cancel-reliant.

I don't think the amount of active time on the Blitz Shield is extended. Just holding the button will put your character in a "charge" looking state to do a follow-up attack on successful Blitz. So it wouldn't be completely comparable to focus from Street Fighter.

Wow I don't remember hating PRC being a thing.

Must be people getting punished by trying to bait and punish Stun Dipper, only for it to get PRC'd and usually followed up by a punishment :lol:

Johnny's Ensenga will be paid DLC. 

And I will buy it. 

Wow I don't remember hating PRC being a thing. It would only be really stupid if you could do it after invincible moves, which is specifically why things like VV don't allow you to YRC or PRC. But yeah, there's a reason they have the longest startup out of all the versions of RC, sometimes they screw you over even when you do them at the "right" time.

My idealistic side does not like throw breaks, but realistically I don't care cuz Wild Throw.

Honestly i didn't care for them until it got actively used in a match:/ I hope it's just the netplay speaking because I genuinely was tight when I called out a stun dipper only to see "OHHH prc into AA 2Hs why you jumping son." Idk it doesn't sit well with me anymore

But you know, ArcSys can do anything. Sad, but it's the truth

I'd rather have a broken game and less gamers complaining about it than turning it in to mainstream mush.

AC/MB-style throw breaks are fine. But BB/Persona-style throw breaks are a terrible idea. I can only hope the throw breaks here end up being more like the former and not like the latter.

They should be pure anticipation, with no visual cue whatsoever, though in this day and age I doubt that will happen. This is just more of my idealism. The entire point of throws is to defeat turtling, and they are already a strong defensive tool due to being instant, so any system that allows for breaking throws on reaction = booty, IMO.

Generally speaking though, the best thing about how GG handles throw breaks is that you have to stand to input them, which gives you some way to punish it.